The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hi, Nic!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Hi, Nic!!!

Participant

I saw your posting in the 'chat' stream, but since we can't change subject lines I thought I'd start a new one to say

I saw your posting in the 'chat' stream, but since we can't change subject lines I thought I'd start a new one to say

cheekyyesGood To See You Here!!!!!  smileyheart

(Emoticons in honor of John and Roxanne πŸ™‚

How's things with you and your daughter these days?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        NicOz
        Participant

Hey Hun! How the heck are ya? Did I hear that you're now an old married woman?!? *congratulations!*

Georgia is going fantastically! School holidays start next week, so I shall be forced to drag out the panadol to cope with the incessant chatter and interaction required by a 5yo. She is loving school and is pretty much an angel 95% of the time, so I can't complain about that πŸ™‚ She's started dancing lessons, and has got the moves- ROFL! (I'd put up a vid for you, but somehow this place no longer is a place I feel comfortable doing that)

Me? I'm going fine. Chugging along with 5 little buggers in my head, but as they aren't causing me too much hassle I've managed for the first time in a LONG time, to have 3 quality months at home with G without so much as a single visit to Sydney. Of course, I know I'll be off again to have my head cracked open in the near future so I won't get too cocky!

Last op resulted in some temporary aphasia (b/c of swelling) but I can speak, write and read without any trouble these days, so it's all good. currently trying to get rid of dreaded Dex Fat and get a bit fitter- treadmill only. Somehow I doubt my head would cope with anything too high impact πŸ™‚ So basically I am a boring fart- NOT to be underrated. Boredom is preferable to the 7 month period where I had 3 craniotomies and an SRS πŸ˜€

So, you spotted me in one of my rare forays over to the MRF… I tend to avoid the place now that it's a "Stepford" community completely devoid of personality πŸ™‚ It may sound weird, but it's too melanoma-intensive for me. The life has been sucked out of it, humour has disappeared, and frankly I have other things to do rather than continuously slap myself in the face with melanoma. I know I have it, but don't see the point in saturating myself with it. I like living a normal life, being a normal mum, and leaving that crap on the periphery until I am forced to actively deal with it πŸ™‚

So, in a nutshell, life is GOOD!

Nic

xxx

NicOz
          Participant

Hey Hun! How the heck are ya? Did I hear that you're now an old married woman?!? *congratulations!*

Georgia is going fantastically! School holidays start next week, so I shall be forced to drag out the panadol to cope with the incessant chatter and interaction required by a 5yo. She is loving school and is pretty much an angel 95% of the time, so I can't complain about that πŸ™‚ She's started dancing lessons, and has got the moves- ROFL! (I'd put up a vid for you, but somehow this place no longer is a place I feel comfortable doing that)

Me? I'm going fine. Chugging along with 5 little buggers in my head, but as they aren't causing me too much hassle I've managed for the first time in a LONG time, to have 3 quality months at home with G without so much as a single visit to Sydney. Of course, I know I'll be off again to have my head cracked open in the near future so I won't get too cocky!

Last op resulted in some temporary aphasia (b/c of swelling) but I can speak, write and read without any trouble these days, so it's all good. currently trying to get rid of dreaded Dex Fat and get a bit fitter- treadmill only. Somehow I doubt my head would cope with anything too high impact πŸ™‚ So basically I am a boring fart- NOT to be underrated. Boredom is preferable to the 7 month period where I had 3 craniotomies and an SRS πŸ˜€

So, you spotted me in one of my rare forays over to the MRF… I tend to avoid the place now that it's a "Stepford" community completely devoid of personality πŸ™‚ It may sound weird, but it's too melanoma-intensive for me. The life has been sucked out of it, humour has disappeared, and frankly I have other things to do rather than continuously slap myself in the face with melanoma. I know I have it, but don't see the point in saturating myself with it. I like living a normal life, being a normal mum, and leaving that crap on the periphery until I am forced to actively deal with it πŸ™‚

So, in a nutshell, life is GOOD!

Nic

xxx

KyCyn
              Participant

Sounds like life is all it needs to be these days, Nic, and I'm glad to hear it!   And I'm especially glad you've had three months of boredom πŸ˜‰

I do believe Georgia is going to be dancing around many hearts as she grows up!   I know y'all will have a blast during holidays.

You did hear right, I'm an old married woman!  Never thought that would happen in a million years – ha!  But I'm quite happy, and luckily so is he!

Drop in now and then and let us know how things are going – I don't come too often, either (as it just isn't the same place it used to be) but I do drop in occasionally to check on people.

Have a really wonderful day (or would it be night?) Nic!

Cyn

KyCyn
                Participant

Sounds like life is all it needs to be these days, Nic, and I'm glad to hear it!   And I'm especially glad you've had three months of boredom πŸ˜‰

I do believe Georgia is going to be dancing around many hearts as she grows up!   I know y'all will have a blast during holidays.

You did hear right, I'm an old married woman!  Never thought that would happen in a million years – ha!  But I'm quite happy, and luckily so is he!

Drop in now and then and let us know how things are going – I don't come too often, either (as it just isn't the same place it used to be) but I do drop in occasionally to check on people.

Have a really wonderful day (or would it be night?) Nic!

Cyn

NicOz
                  Participant

I really am incredibly for you and "burly guy" (can't remember exact nickname- blame the tumours :P) Glad to hear all is going great guns- I have been keeping an eye out, but not responding to posts. Once again, congrats- you deserve only immense happiness, hun πŸ™‚

Happiness is fantastic, but contentment (like boredom) is one of the most underrated feelings, even- may you experience that forever! xxx

NicOz
                    Participant

I really am incredibly for you and "burly guy" (can't remember exact nickname- blame the tumours :P) Glad to hear all is going great guns- I have been keeping an eye out, but not responding to posts. Once again, congrats- you deserve only immense happiness, hun πŸ™‚

Happiness is fantastic, but contentment (like boredom) is one of the most underrated feelings, even- may you experience that forever! xxx

Yawn
                      Participant

Salut.

Yawn
                        Participant

Salut.

jag
                        Participant

smileysmileyyesyesheartheartsmileysmileyangelcoolenlightenedyesyeswinksmileyheartheart

NicOz
                            Participant

ROFL- You bloody wanker!

jag
                              Participant

I'm may be a bloody wanker Nic, but you can't say I'm a "lousy" wanker. 

NicOz
                                Participant

Oh- you just HAD to make veiled reference to the head-lice situation of small child, didn't you? πŸ˜› We're on the downhill stretch now, and I'm feeling confident! 

Currently being forced to feed her desserts and sit through Ice Age (again) but heading off to bed soon with Star Trek video to obliterate Hannah- watching for the day. 15 days left til school starts… not that I'm counting (of course) given that I'm an earth mother πŸ˜€

jag
                                  Participant

Like my new quote? don't feel bad about the head lice, NYC has bed bugs-much worse.  Virtually untreatable.  You have to throw out all things bed buggy.  Hasn't got me yet, but over time, I have a feeling it will be inevitable.  I just woke up and you are going to bed? Man can you party.  The Joe Dirt quote is perfect for melanoma.  One of my all time favorites.

jag
                                    Participant

Like my new quote? don't feel bad about the head lice, NYC has bed bugs-much worse.  Virtually untreatable.  You have to throw out all things bed buggy.  Hasn't got me yet, but over time, I have a feeling it will be inevitable.  I just woke up and you are going to bed? Man can you party.  The Joe Dirt quote is perfect for melanoma.  One of my all time favorites.

NicOz
                                      Participant

Oh- you just HAD to make veiled reference to the head-lice situation of small child, didn't you? πŸ˜› We're on the downhill stretch now, and I'm feeling confident! 

Currently being forced to feed her desserts and sit through Ice Age (again) but heading off to bed soon with Star Trek video to obliterate Hannah- watching for the day. 15 days left til school starts… not that I'm counting (of course) given that I'm an earth mother πŸ˜€

jag
                                        Participant

I'm may be a bloody wanker Nic, but you can't say I'm a "lousy" wanker. 

NicOz
                                          Participant

ROFL- You bloody wanker!

jag
                                          Participant

smileysmileyyesyesheartheartsmileysmileyangelcoolenlightenedyesyeswinksmileyheartheart

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics