The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Here we go again!

Forums General Melanoma Community Here we go again!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hello folks. It's (thankfully) been a while since Ive been on here, but as of late, I hadn't had a need to worry. But…in the last few weeks, I've noticed some obvious regrowth at one end of my scar, it's a very raised, blueish nodule… Also, the lymph node right under my ear has almost doubled in size just over the weekend. (ear being primary site) Please read my profile for more primary info.

My lesion began as "severe atypia", but with a 'differentail diagnosis' of Level 2 stage 1A…. HOWEVER…

I did not get a thickness until AFTER the initial biopsy, AND the full excision. So when I finally got a thickness from the path report after the 3rd report, of .8mm, it has already been chopped up twice.

Possible it could have started as a greater thickness? Possible surgical-enduced spread?

They did not deem SLNB necessary at the time, but now I wish they had.

What else could this be? Should I be worried?

I am seeing my primary family doc tonight.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics