The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Here I is

Forums General Melanoma Community Here I is

Participant

Closed the cabin and boat and left Maine. On my way to Santa Fe via Denver and western Colorado. Parked in Carlisle, Pa tonight.  Another 1500 miles to Denver.  Looooong drive. Hope I still annoy some of you. Hugs to the rest. 🙂

Closed the cabin and boat and left Maine. On my way to Santa Fe via Denver and western Colorado. Parked in Carlisle, Pa tonight.  Another 1500 miles to Denver.  Looooong drive. Hope I still annoy some of you. Hugs to the rest. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Drive safe!  Headed for Mesa Verde / Durango area soon myself! 

Janner

BillMFl
            Participant

really?  plan to be at both next week!

Janner
              Participant

I won't be there until the 13th of October or thereabouts.  Planning to spend some time in Zion (getting married there!), north rim of the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and San Juan Goosenecks prior to that.  I know a nice Inn in Bluff, UT.  An old friend owns it.  http://www.desertroseinn.com.  Check it out if you go a bit further west.  Update me if you find something unforgettable as I haven't explored SW Colorado since I was 6.  If you haven't already been there in your previous travels, you should check out Pahreah (Paria) where the old western movies used to be shot.  I was there a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't check out everything but the canyon itself was beautiful and different from other Utah canyons.  http://www.pbase.com/rholdensr/paria_movie_set_pahreah_town_site.  It's all beautiful country!

Janner
                Participant

I won't be there until the 13th of October or thereabouts.  Planning to spend some time in Zion (getting married there!), north rim of the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and San Juan Goosenecks prior to that.  I know a nice Inn in Bluff, UT.  An old friend owns it.  http://www.desertroseinn.com.  Check it out if you go a bit further west.  Update me if you find something unforgettable as I haven't explored SW Colorado since I was 6.  If you haven't already been there in your previous travels, you should check out Pahreah (Paria) where the old western movies used to be shot.  I was there a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't check out everything but the canyon itself was beautiful and different from other Utah canyons.  http://www.pbase.com/rholdensr/paria_movie_set_pahreah_town_site.  It's all beautiful country!

BillMFl
                  Participant

really?  plan to be at both next week!

Janner
                  Participant

Drive safe!  Headed for Mesa Verde / Durango area soon myself! 

Janner

Jocelyn
                    Participant

So Bill, I don't know when you arrived in Maine, but what did you think of the weather? I have not seen such a spectacular July and August in these parts for years, if ever. I was so happy for my brother, who got well enough to travel all over New England  and really enjoy himself. Hope you had great moments too; I assume it was beautiful in Boothbay and surrounding areas. I have never seen so many glorious days, one right after the other.

BillMFl
                        Participant

Well we were there all summer except three weeks in July and the weather was unbelievable.  Only rained enough to keep things green and almost no fog. Kinda made up for last summer no? Hope you have a mild winter too!

BillMFl
                          Participant

Well we were there all summer except three weeks in July and the weather was unbelievable.  Only rained enough to keep things green and almost no fog. Kinda made up for last summer no? Hope you have a mild winter too!

Jocelyn
                          Participant

So Bill, I don't know when you arrived in Maine, but what did you think of the weather? I have not seen such a spectacular July and August in these parts for years, if ever. I was so happy for my brother, who got well enough to travel all over New England  and really enjoy himself. Hope you had great moments too; I assume it was beautiful in Boothbay and surrounding areas. I have never seen so many glorious days, one right after the other.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics