The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Herbal Supplements. Buyer Beware

Forums General Melanoma Community Herbal Supplements. Buyer Beware

Participant

This recent article in the New York Times should caution us all if we buy supplements to fight our cancers.  We may not be fighting cancer but our own health.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Squash
        Participant

Dangerous to the wallet it seems but hardly dangerous to the health..

Squash
          Participant

Squash
            Participant

john243
                I want to share the amazing results with Cannabis oil cancer miracle cure. My wife just recovered from breast cancer just 19 weeks of using it. She have being having this breast cancer on her left side which she have been battling for over 3 years.

More importantly, she is no longer having to deal with the embarrassment and annoyance of Chemo, Radiations and those crazy cancer drugs which is been recommended by oncologist nor daily fatigue. If you have been in the situation, you will know what it means to be free indeed.

Thanks to Dr. Thomas and Mr. Rick Simpson. Save yourself, and your family members and friends by helping them out with this information for better understanding.

Where to order the medication online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for more help.
                john243
                  I want to share the amazing results with Cannabis oil cancer miracle cure. My wife just recovered from breast cancer just 19 weeks of using it. She have being having this breast cancer on her left side which she have been battling for over 3 years.

More importantly, she is no longer having to deal with the embarrassment and annoyance of Chemo, Radiations and those crazy cancer drugs which is been recommended by oncologist nor daily fatigue. If you have been in the situation, you will know what it means to be free indeed.

Thanks to Dr. Thomas and Mr. Rick Simpson. Save yourself, and your family members and friends by helping them out with this information for better understanding.

for more help.
                  john243

for more help.
                    AnitaLoree
                    Participant

For years I have used Consumerlab.com as my go to resource for which herbs, supplements, vitamins have been tested and approved/not approved by their referral labs. I would not recommend using and do not use any product that has not passed CL evaluation. Established by Tom Cooperman, MD in 1999 because the FDA does not test these products and consumers are not protected.  There is a wealth of information on the site besides the product evaluations.  They include a full herbal encyclopedia discussing sources, uses, benefits, cautions; a question/answer forum; updates, & more.  Annually, subscribers receive an emailed questionnaire listing hundreds of supplements.  We check what brands we are using enabling CL to keep current with consumer preferences.  CL purchanses off the shelf and uses several certified labs to test the same product. Responding to buyers' practices, CL has added Trader Joes, Costco and Whole Foods brands for testing.  Dr Cooperman is often invited to appear on national news interviews where he advocates for quality testing of OTC products. 

I might just mention one other valuable resource that is working to protect the public:  Environmental Working Group (ewg.org). They are a non-profit research organization that has created the "Clean 15", "Dirty Dozen" lists of safe/contaminated fruits, vegetables. They also have compiled lists of non toxic, environmentally safe consmetics and sunscreens among other work.  We can regularly keep up on pending legislation that affects food, products, environment through their website and send emails to our legislators pro/con.

These are 2 resources among several (inc this very valuable forum) that I use to try and create as pro-healing internal/external environment as I can for my husband who is Stage IV mel in his cervical spine, Keytruda since 09/14 and stable ๐Ÿ™‚

I am touched by each/all of your journeys and keep you corporately and individually in my prayers for strength and peace.  A.L.

joelcairo
                        Participant

I have heard bad things about ConsumerLabs. I can't comment on the quality/accuracy of their lab work, but I personally don't consider the lack of ConsumerLabs testing of a given product to be a significant negative.

joelcairo
                          Participant

I have heard bad things about ConsumerLabs. I can't comment on the quality/accuracy of their lab work, but I personally don't consider the lack of ConsumerLabs testing of a given product to be a significant negative.

joelcairo
                            Participant

AnitaLoree
                            Participant

For years I have used Consumerlab.com as my go to resource for which herbs, supplements, vitamins have been tested and approved/not approved by their referral labs. I would not recommend using and do not use any product that has not passed CL evaluation. Established by Tom Cooperman, MD in 1999 because the FDA does not test these products and consumers are not protected.  There is a wealth of information on the site besides the product evaluations.  They include a full herbal encyclopedia discussing sources, uses, benefits, cautions; a question/answer forum; updates, & more.  Annually, subscribers receive an emailed questionnaire listing hundreds of supplements.  We check what brands we are using enabling CL to keep current with consumer preferences.  CL purchanses off the shelf and uses several certified labs to test the same product. Responding to buyers' practices, CL has added Trader Joes, Costco and Whole Foods brands for testing.  Dr Cooperman is often invited to appear on national news interviews where he advocates for quality testing of OTC products. 

I might just mention one other valuable resource that is working to protect the public:  Environmental Working Group (ewg.org). They are a non-profit research organization that has created the "Clean 15", "Dirty Dozen" lists of safe/contaminated fruits, vegetables. They also have compiled lists of non toxic, environmentally safe consmetics and sunscreens among other work.  We can regularly keep up on pending legislation that affects food, products, environment through their website and send emails to our legislators pro/con.

These are 2 resources among several (inc this very valuable forum) that I use to try and create as pro-healing internal/external environment as I can for my husband who is Stage IV mel in his cervical spine, Keytruda since 09/14 and stable ๐Ÿ™‚

I am touched by each/all of your journeys and keep you corporately and individually in my prayers for strength and peace.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics