The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Help UPDATES IF KNOWN :

Forums General Melanoma Community Help UPDATES IF KNOWN :

Participant

Does anyone have any info on Kellygirl,  or  Dick_K ? Have not seen  any  posts in quite awhile. Pray and hope all is well. Thanks.  Beat the Beast.   Al

Does anyone have any info on Kellygirl,  or  Dick_K ? Have not seen  any  posts in quite awhile. Pray and hope all is well. Thanks.  Beat the Beast.   Al

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Al – how are you doing?? When is your brain MRI??

Amy

awillett1991
          Participant

Amy

awillett1991
            Participant

Amy

DeniseK
              Participant

Hi Al,

I keep in touch with Kelly on my facebook, her husband is doing fine on Z, he's on his 13th month I think.  I will let her know so she can post her own update.

Denise

DeniseK
                Participant

Hi Al,

I keep in touch with Kelly on my facebook, her husband is doing fine on Z, he's on his 13th month I think.  I will let her know so she can post her own update.

Denise

DeniseK
                  Participant

Hi Al,

Denise

kellygrl
                    Participant
                      Hi Al! My husband is doing great! Minor setback a few mos ago, we found a lump in his neck which turned out to be melanoma & so he had a modified radical neck dissection that removed all the cancer. He was then going to begin radiation, but after his oncologist talked with peers, it turned out he would have had to go off Z for 5-6 wks….. nobody was comfortable with that since it is still shrinking brain tumors & all other scans remain clean. Onc said neck is not what will kill you, brain will….. so since all cancer from neck was removed, we are all comfortable with that decision.

Next MRI is July 8th, I will be sure to keep you posted! Thanks so much for thinking of us, sorry I left you hanging.

Kelly 🙂

kellygrl
                      Participant
                        Hi Al! My husband is doing great! Minor setback a few mos ago, we found a lump in his neck which turned out to be melanoma & so he had a modified radical neck dissection that removed all the cancer. He was then going to begin radiation, but after his oncologist talked with peers, it turned out he would have had to go off Z for 5-6 wks….. nobody was comfortable with that since it is still shrinking brain tumors & all other scans remain clean. Onc said neck is not what will kill you, brain will….. so since all cancer from neck was removed, we are all comfortable with that decision.

Next MRI is July 8th, I will be sure to keep you posted! Thanks so much for thinking of us, sorry I left you hanging.

Kelly 🙂

kellygrl
                        Participant

Kelly 🙂

kellygrl
                          Participant

Kelly 🙂

kellygrl
                            Participant

Kelly 🙂

kellygrl
                              Participant

Kelly 🙂

Richard_K
                                Participant

Hi Al,

I've had some of your previous problems.  I had some serious computer and e-mail problems.  Somehow I managed to blow away e-mails in a number of saved folders.  Not only was I unable to gain Internet access but I am unable to reestablish contact with individuals for whom I do not have memorized addresses for.  Whew, what a mess; retired and can’t go to the IT department for help!  Looks like things are fixed now though.

Richard_K
                                  Participant

Hi Al,

I've had some of your previous problems.  I had some serious computer and e-mail problems.  Somehow I managed to blow away e-mails in a number of saved folders.  Not only was I unable to gain Internet access but I am unable to reestablish contact with individuals for whom I do not have memorized addresses for.  Whew, what a mess; retired and can’t go to the IT department for help!  Looks like things are fixed now though.

Richard_K
                                    Participant

Hi Al,

kellygrl
                                      Participant
                                        Hi Al,

Newest update…. hubby fully recovered from neck dissection.. yeyyyy! Latest MRI mixed… some tumors grew, some shrank, some stable… So, appt this Mon to discuss gamma knife. I ran into his neurosurgeon at work, he did say he will tackle the ones growning and any nearby. I guess six or fewer is the recommended… he has a few more then that, but I think because he has responded so well so far (14 mos) doc is ok with procedure. Also onc told us my hubby’s info was sent to Boston (I think)… regardless, its because he is being researched because he is doing so well on Z with brain mets. We are still keeping PMA, although I have had some breakdowns the last few wks for some reason. Oh well, comes with the territory.

Keep you posted! Kelly

How have you been doing? I don’t follow this site much anymore… people deal with things differently, following blog’s, etc just is not my thing.

kellygrl
                                        Participant
                                          Hi Al,

Newest update…. hubby fully recovered from neck dissection.. yeyyyy! Latest MRI mixed… some tumors grew, some shrank, some stable… So, appt this Mon to discuss gamma knife. I ran into his neurosurgeon at work, he did say he will tackle the ones growning and any nearby. I guess six or fewer is the recommended… he has a few more then that, but I think because he has responded so well so far (14 mos) doc is ok with procedure. Also onc told us my hubby’s info was sent to Boston (I think)… regardless, its because he is being researched because he is doing so well on Z with brain mets. We are still keeping PMA, although I have had some breakdowns the last few wks for some reason. Oh well, comes with the territory.

Keep you posted! Kelly

How have you been doing? I don’t follow this site much anymore… people deal with things differently, following blog’s, etc just is not my thing.

kellygrl
                                          Participant
                                            Hi Al,

Keep you posted! Kelly

aldakota22
                                            Participant

Kelly thanks for keeping me in your prayers.I always keep you both in mine.What a bummer that you have to go through the BS with the insurance on top of everything else.Keeping that PMA that all goes well for both of us. Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                                              Participant

Amy, thanks for asking .Doing really well,Just got back from a weeks vacation in Newport,RI.Scans are this Sat. and follow up drs. appointment on Wed..Will post update soon as I get them.Praying to continue as a responder to"Z". Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                                                Participant

Amy, thanks for asking .Doing really well,Just got back from a weeks vacation in Newport,RI.Scans are this Sat. and follow up drs. appointment on Wed..Will post update soon as I get them.Praying to continue as a responder to"Z". Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                                                  Participant

kellygrl
                                                    Participant
                                                      Z is truly a miracle! Praying for good scans. 🙂
                                                      kellygrl
                                                      Participant
                                                        kellygrl
                                                        Participant
                                                          aldakota22
                                                          Participant

Hi Kelly,

Just read your post.For the most part your news is very positive.keep that PMA  .Waiting to see in your next post that it will be all positive.Know how tough it is not t break down at  times.Keeping you both in my prayers.Thanks for keeping me updated.As for me I have brain scans scheduled for 8-10-13. Some concern by doc. All the best.Beat the Beast….Al

aldakota22
                                                            Participant

Hi Kelly,

Just read your post.For the most part your news is very positive.keep that PMA  .Waiting to see in your next post that it will be all positive.Know how tough it is not t break down at  times.Keeping you both in my prayers.Thanks for keeping me updated.As for me I have brain scans scheduled for 8-10-13. Some concern by doc. All the best.Beat the Beast….Al

aldakota22
                                                              Participant

Hi Kelly,

kellygrl
                                                                Participant
                                                                  I will be thinking of you 8/10 and saying prayers!!! Maybe just a bump in the road… fingers crossed. As for my husband, hoping to have gamma knife done this Wed!! Insurance is not cleared yet for the radiation onc at the gamma knife facility, but hopefully by Wed.

Are you having symptoms?

kellygrl
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    I will be thinking of you 8/10 and saying prayers!!! Maybe just a bump in the road… fingers crossed. As for my husband, hoping to have gamma knife done this Wed!! Insurance is not cleared yet for the radiation onc at the gamma knife facility, but hopefully by Wed.

Are you having symptoms?

kellygrl
                                                                    Participant

Are you having symptoms?

kellygrl
                                                                      Participant

Are you having symptoms?

kellygrl
                                                                        Participant

Are you having symptoms?

kellygrl
                                                                          Participant

Are you having symptoms?

aldakota22
                                                                            Participant

Kelly thanks for keeping me in your prayers.I always keep you both in mine.What a bummer that you have to go through the BS with the insurance on top of everything else.Keeping that PMA that all goes well for both of us. Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                                                                              Participant

kellygrl
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  It wasn’t a huge deal, we knew it would clear eventually. We have amazing insurance, I consider ourselves very fortunate. This was our first issue and it was only because gamma knife is at the only facility that doesn’t accept our insurance… go figure… anyway, Wed the 21st is the big day!!!
                                                                                  kellygrl
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    It wasn’t a huge deal, we knew it would clear eventually. We have amazing insurance, I consider ourselves very fortunate. This was our first issue and it was only because gamma knife is at the only facility that doesn’t accept our insurance… go figure… anyway, Wed the 21st is the big day!!!
                                                                                    kellygrl
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      JerryfromFauq
                                                                                      Participant

Sounds like my Onc!  When I developed a small surface ttumor on my neck we just left it beccaus as my Onc said, "That's not the one that will kill you.  It would be all the ones inside.  Ic can be a visible guide as to what, hopefully, is hapeining to the internal ones and reduce the needed scans.  That was in March 2009.  The protruding black nodule is now a flat black spot on my neck.  Some people think I'm weird to look at that melanoma and be happy with what I see.  The way it grew in the first ttwo weeks was scary.  The reduction to where it is now, sure does make me feel better!  Onc now says if I want they will gladly cut it out.  Since I'm still on twice a day chemo due to the multitude of none grow lung tumors, NOT A BIG THING to me.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                        Participant

Sounds like my Onc!  When I developed a small surface ttumor on my neck we just left it beccaus as my Onc said, "That's not the one that will kill you.  It would be all the ones inside.  Ic can be a visible guide as to what, hopefully, is hapeining to the internal ones and reduce the needed scans.  That was in March 2009.  The protruding black nodule is now a flat black spot on my neck.  Some people think I'm weird to look at that melanoma and be happy with what I see.  The way it grew in the first ttwo weeks was scary.  The reduction to where it is now, sure does make me feel better!  Onc now says if I want they will gladly cut it out.  Since I'm still on twice a day chemo due to the multitude of none grow lung tumors, NOT A BIG THING to me.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                          Participant

aldakota22
                                                                                            Participant

Hope everthing went as smooth as possible and that the gamma knife surgery exceeded all your expectations. Beat the Beast,    Al

aldakota22
                                                                                              Participant

Hope everthing went as smooth as possible and that the gamma knife surgery exceeded all your expectations. Beat the Beast,    Al

aldakota22
                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics