The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Help anxious and need reassurance

Forums General Melanoma Community Help anxious and need reassurance

Participant
      ***No judgment please ***
      Hey so ive been suffering from health anxiety really bad since i had my baby 11 months ago . And this is my latest 😭😭 no judgment please . Im in the uk . I couldn’t pick off a melanoma could I? I had this weird black mark on my foot between my big toe and first toe that I broke the skin then picked off with tweezers its bled and the skin has now healed normal . Doctor said I wouldn’t be able too pick that off ? I’ve not thought about it for weeks and now I’m panicking again. 🥲 this sucks 😪 I do suffer with athletes foot so the skin is broken between my toes alot .
      Thanks in advance
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Ayass Research
        Participant
          I understand your concerns. Focusing on self-care and positive strategies can be helpful. Engage in relaxation techniques like deep breathing or mindfulness to manage anxiety. Stay informed but limit excessive online health searches. Distract yourself with activities you enjoy, and consider sharing your feelings with a trusted friend or family member. Remember, taking small steps toward self-care can make a positive impact on your well-being.
          JudiAU
          Participant
            I am pretty sure the “post” above is a predatory bot.

No. You can’t pick off cancer or a mole and hid it or make it go away. It will return. If you injure a mole or even rip it off intentionally it will return when it heals. Cancer is the same. We only see the top layer of the cells. The is why everything should be checked in a lab when it is removed and if cancerous a deeper surgery is performed and that new area of skin is checked in a lab. All around the borders are checked to make sure there are no areas left with cancer. Often the lymph nodes are checked too. If the area you picked off was a change to your skin, it would have returned. If the area healed and didn’t return it was probably pen or marker or tar or 1,000 other stains.

But, please consider getting some care on the anxiety front. I know it is really hard to make time with a baby and because of the baby blah blah. But you are a person, not just a parent, before and after having a baby. Hormones are brutal. Doctors can help. Best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics