The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello Family!

Forums General Melanoma Community Hello Family!

Participant
      Hi guys, just a quick check in & update, tomorrow ill be at Dr. Hamids to do a Brain MRI & CT scans plus bloodwork, then Thursday ill go back for a Biopsy and an additional tissue sample to donate to Melanoma Research of course my biopsy will be for “comparitive” future purposes and to test its DNA, FINALLY a biopsy to my now Baseball size tumor on my left side under my ribs! It never was biopsied before my Kaiser team cut me off so, i already know its Melanoma, every biopsy iv had since 2008 except one has all been positive for Melanoma so, im use to it, but to have it tested Properly!? Now this will be beneficial for me unlike anyother biopsy….love you guys and thank you AGAIN & Again for helping me get in with him, money well spent!…..
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Cindy Lou
        Participant
          I am so glad you are seeing Dr. Hamid now!! Sounds like a couple of long days for you. Why on earth has that tumor not been biopsied before now?! Anyway, get some rest. Praying for you.
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Thanks Cindy!!, gettin ready now actually, its about 6am just popped an Adavan (im claustrophobic!!) Ill take another when i get there (yes, im being driven! Haha) Kaiser stopped ALL treatment, bios, Opdivo, surgerys everything! Due to Disease progression, deemed “Uselrss” in their eyes.. love ya!! Gotta get ready!!
            MichelleRHG
            Participant
              Mike, praying for wonderful outcome for you, and for your big, brave spirit to keep shining. You give the rest of us hope and encouragement!!
              All the best,
              Michelle
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics