The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

hello all

Forums General Melanoma Community hello all

Participant

hello everyone!!

once again i have to say that saring with you things is very important for me!now i dont have smth to sare but i have smthg to ask.i have told you that my mum is 3b stage from april from a mole in her back, iwanted to have your personal expeerience with reoccurance, most of all the time that the beast came back…i know that every person is completely different from an other but just wanted to see….i am very thakefull to all of you..

best wished and many years of "NED" to all from my heart

DiRena

hello everyone!!

once again i have to say that saring with you things is very important for me!now i dont have smth to sare but i have smthg to ask.i have told you that my mum is 3b stage from april from a mole in her back, iwanted to have your personal expeerience with reoccurance, most of all the time that the beast came back…i know that every person is completely different from an other but just wanted to see….i am very thakefull to all of you..

best wished and many years of "NED" to all from my heart

DiRena

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        DebbieH
        Participant

Hi DiRena,

I'm not exactly clear what you're looking for but I'll share my experience.

I was stage 1A with a great prognosis and all that "lucky you caught it early" stuff in 1995.  Six years later it came back to my lymhnodes and had also grown into a muscle in my back, making me stage IIIC with a terrible prognosis.  My original melanoma, and the only mole I ever had, was on my upper back.

So, I had pretty extensive surgery, 10 years ago tomorrow – some day THAT was!  They were wheeling me to surgery as I watched the second World Trade tower fall in the patient waiting room.  They weren't sure they would even do the surgery as they were talking about possibly evacuating the hospital, Univ. of Mich. in Ann Arbor.  Anyway, I did interferon and got through 9 months of it until I just had to quit and I've been fine since then.  I changed little in my life, no diet change or lifestyle exchange.  After several years my doctor told me whatever I'm doing to not change a thing and I haven't. 

Good luck to your mom and you.  You're a good daughter to want to help.  Let us know what she's doing and how you're doing. 

DebbieH

renakimu
            Participant

thanke so much Debbie for your respone!you are giving me courage!

blessings to you

renakimu
              Participant

thanke so much Debbie for your respone!you are giving me courage!

blessings to you

bblapril
                Participant

Hi Debbie,

I am new to this site.  I have viewed it as a guest but just joined today.  I finally need it I guess.

My husband was diagnosed with skin cancer in May 2011.  Originally the Doctor said it was Squamous Cell but after his radical neck disection in June it was confirmed that it was stage IIIC Melanoma.  I am so happy to read your story.  So many sites and statistics make it sound like it is "game over" at this point and that is not the encouragement we look for.  He is now doing the six month treatment of Alpha Interferon 2B and he is actually doing quit well (thank goodness). 

Thank you for confirming that people do respond to treatments are can move on and live their life.

April

bblapril
                  Participant

Hi Debbie,

I am new to this site.  I have viewed it as a guest but just joined today.  I finally need it I guess.

My husband was diagnosed with skin cancer in May 2011.  Originally the Doctor said it was Squamous Cell but after his radical neck disection in June it was confirmed that it was stage IIIC Melanoma.  I am so happy to read your story.  So many sites and statistics make it sound like it is "game over" at this point and that is not the encouragement we look for.  He is now doing the six month treatment of Alpha Interferon 2B and he is actually doing quit well (thank goodness). 

Thank you for confirming that people do respond to treatments are can move on and live their life.

April

DebbieH
                  Participant

Hi DiRena,

I'm not exactly clear what you're looking for but I'll share my experience.

I was stage 1A with a great prognosis and all that "lucky you caught it early" stuff in 1995.  Six years later it came back to my lymhnodes and had also grown into a muscle in my back, making me stage IIIC with a terrible prognosis.  My original melanoma, and the only mole I ever had, was on my upper back.

So, I had pretty extensive surgery, 10 years ago tomorrow – some day THAT was!  They were wheeling me to surgery as I watched the second World Trade tower fall in the patient waiting room.  They weren't sure they would even do the surgery as they were talking about possibly evacuating the hospital, Univ. of Mich. in Ann Arbor.  Anyway, I did interferon and got through 9 months of it until I just had to quit and I've been fine since then.  I changed little in my life, no diet change or lifestyle exchange.  After several years my doctor told me whatever I'm doing to not change a thing and I haven't. 

Good luck to your mom and you.  You're a good daughter to want to help.  Let us know what she's doing and how you're doing. 

DebbieH

washoegal
                    Participant

I am stage 3a and have been NED for 16 months, no reason ehy I shouldn't remain NED.  At least that's my opinion.

Mary,

Stage 3

renakimu
                        Participant

thanke you so much Mary!!!

Keep NED for ever!!

renakimu
                          Participant

thanke you so much Mary!!!

Keep NED for ever!!

washoegal
                          Participant

I am stage 3a and have been NED for 16 months, no reason ehy I shouldn't remain NED.  At least that's my opinion.

Mary,

Stage 3

BethA
                            Participant

Many many years ago, I had a mole that turned out to be MM.  I went 10 1/2 years NED.  When I had the recurrence I was Stage 3/B.  That was almost 7 years ago, and NED is still with me.   I feel very blessed. 

I stay on these boards b/c at times of struggle, it is nice to have people around who totally understand and are supportive.  So many have been kind to me and given me valuable information.  They have calmed my fears and made me stronger.  I hope I can do that for someone else.        Beth 3/B 

BethA
                              Participant

Many many years ago, I had a mole that turned out to be MM.  I went 10 1/2 years NED.  When I had the recurrence I was Stage 3/B.  That was almost 7 years ago, and NED is still with me.   I feel very blessed. 

I stay on these boards b/c at times of struggle, it is nice to have people around who totally understand and are supportive.  So many have been kind to me and given me valuable information.  They have calmed my fears and made me stronger.  I hope I can do that for someone else.        Beth 3/B 

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics