The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Heart Problems with Long Stage Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Heart Problems with Long Stage Melanoma

Participant

I know I have been dealing with this disease since 1984, but there are some things long term that come along with it.

I know I have been dealing with this disease since 1984, but there are some things long term that come along with it.

One of them is fluid around the heart and lungs.  This weekend I awoke to incredible pain in my back and then the next day Sunday it went around my chest and I could hardly sit back .  I take of all things a gout medicine for this because I'm allergic to all NSIDS.  I talk to my doctor to tell him I would be taking the medicine.  He thought I should come in, but I know if I come in I'm going in to the big House and the last time I was there it was a nightmare.  The big house being the Hospital.  It was so bad last September when I had a heart attack, after 5 days I had my daughter come pick me  up and check me out.  So….I try to deal with things at home. 

Now I am having a reaction to the medicine.  Its called (my spelling is not good) Chochisin.  (I think that is right).  Next week is my 27 year old daughter's wedding.  What a time to get sick.  Oh well if the pain gets bad enough I guess I'll have to go to the big house.  I'm praying I just get better. 

Cindy VT

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Cindy sorry for your latest set back.Do what is necessary to get well.Your call whether in Big house or Little house.All the best to your daughter on her wedding.Praying you will be there.Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Cindy sorry for your latest set back.Do what is necessary to get well.Your call whether in Big house or Little house.All the best to your daughter on her wedding.Praying you will be there.Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics