The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Heading in for surgery tomorrow morning.

Forums General Melanoma Community Heading in for surgery tomorrow morning.

Participant

I'm finally having surgery at UNM in Albuquerque tomorrow to remove my right adrenal gland and what is left of the tumor tissue after completing the clinical drug trial. Hopefully, with a little Grace this will be the end of treatment for a while and after six months of chemo I can enjoy the summer! Even though this will be the most serious surgery I've ever had, I'm looking forward to finally getting it done. They will be opening me down my mid-line so I have a six week recovery of doing NOTHING!

I'm finally having surgery at UNM in Albuquerque tomorrow to remove my right adrenal gland and what is left of the tumor tissue after completing the clinical drug trial. Hopefully, with a little Grace this will be the end of treatment for a while and after six months of chemo I can enjoy the summer! Even though this will be the most serious surgery I've ever had, I'm looking forward to finally getting it done. They will be opening me down my mid-line so I have a six week recovery of doing NOTHING! My husband figures they will have to duct tape me to my recliner to keep me quiet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had a pre-surgery brain MRI and full body PET and CT scans last Wednesday and I'll get the results today when I meet with my onc and surgeon. Hopefully it will remain good news with nothing new and that darned adrenal tumor too tiny to even show now! I'll be thinking of you all while I'm in the hospital and hoping everyone is well. I'll post when I can!

Carmon in NM – Stage 3b Sep 2008, Stage IV June 2010 with brain and adrenal mets.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Carmon,

Sending hugs and cyber pixie dust for good scans and a successful surgery!  Looking forward to see a post from you in a week or two that is all good news!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

lhaley
          Participant

Carmon,

Sending hugs and cyber pixie dust for good scans and a successful surgery!  Looking forward to see a post from you in a week or two that is all good news!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

boot2aboot
            Participant

I'll say a little prayer for you…here is some positive energy for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKkWj2WpWM

boot2aboot
              Participant

I'll say a little prayer for you…here is some positive energy for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKkWj2WpWM

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Carmon,

Prayers for you that all goes well and for a speedy recovery, for your husband to be at ease during your surgery, and that he locates LOTS of duct tape!  All the best to all of you!

Lord, in your mercy, we lift up Carmon. Hold her and her husband close.

Blessings, grace, and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Carmon,

Prayers for you that all goes well and for a speedy recovery, for your husband to be at ease during your surgery, and that he locates LOTS of duct tape!  All the best to all of you!

Lord, in your mercy, we lift up Carmon. Hold her and her husband close.

Blessings, grace, and peace,

Carol

NicOz
                    Participant
                      Wishing you all the best for a smooth surgery and a faster than expected recovery, Carmon ๐Ÿ™‚ may the duct tape purchases exceed their need!! Take care,
                      Nic
                      NicOz
                      Participant
                        Wishing you all the best for a smooth surgery and a faster than expected recovery, Carmon ๐Ÿ™‚ may the duct tape purchases exceed their need!! Take care,
                        Nic
                    Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics