The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Having biopsy on lower eye lid, scared

Forums General Melanoma Community Having biopsy on lower eye lid, scared

This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Participant

Hi everyone, I have religiously followed this forum for 3 years since being dx with melanoma on my upper arm. 4.5 mm thickness, no lymph involvement, so very grateful. I also had a thin melanoma removed from my back at the same time. So I guess I had 2 primaries. I am watched, and also watch myself very closely, and have had approx 6 MOHs surgeries on my face(3 were done b-4 my dx in July 2015) 

Well, this Friday I will have a biopsy on my R lower eyelid. In June I noticed what I thought was a stye on my lower lid, but it persisted so when I saw my Derm , well, She took one look and said, "I think it's a Basel cell." I've been referred to a surgeon, who specializes in eyes, and will get a consult and likely a biopsy. I'm pretty scared about the location, being my eye and all, and am also worried when I have the surgery about how much of my lid will be taken, & will I reconstructive surgery. 

Looking for support and anyone that can share what I might be in for, have you had this experience, can you please share.

thank you ad min, and all the lovely folks on this forum. I have been soothed, educated, talked off the cliff, etc, ….and all because I feel you are here. So grateful for all of you, strength and love to all who are fighting. Kathy

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        stars
        Participant
          I havent had this but read up on it recently. Its very common and removal is done by an opthalmologist or plastic surgeon. you.might have a bad week or two but the face has an excellent blood supply and heals quickly and well. if it does turn pit to be a bcc you might use cream iquimod or something instead of excison.
            Sheri
            Participant
              How did it turn out? I’m going on my 5th surgery after complete removal of lower eyelid and then building it back together. It’s an incredibly tough journey mentally and physically.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics