The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Has anyone had a right supraclavicular lymph node met?

Forums General Melanoma Community Has anyone had a right supraclavicular lymph node met?

Participant

Hi, I rarely post anymore, as I have been stage IV no evidence of disease (NED) for eleven years. I feel humbled as I have lost many to cancer in that time. 

So, now, I have a supraclavicular lymph node that is enlarged, firm, rubbery and moveable. An ultrasound is scheduled in 10 days. Since the mediastinum drains to the right supraclavicular nodes and my last met was a hilar node in mediastinum, I'm a bit concerned. Has anyone had experience with a met to that area? 

Thanks and I wish everyone here the very best of luck dealing with melanoma or supporting a loved one.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hi Nancy,

My husband had one in the left side in the supraclavicular.  It was his third surgery all of which were on the left side in the head and neck area.

Judy the loving wife of Gene (Stage IV on Ipi and GMCSF Clinical Trial and now NED for over 6.5 years)

NancyGM
            Participant
              Thanks for your reply, Judy. I wish you and your husband the best.
            Jules
            Participant

Hey Nancy,

My father had stage 1b melanoma on the back of his neck on the left side in 2003.  He followed up every 6 months with the derm and did everything else he was supposed to do but unfortunately in 2016 he had his left  supraclavicular node pop up out of nowhere that was melanoma (reoccurrence after 13 years NED) 

I truly hope this will not be the case for you but I am very glad to hear you’re getting it checked out.  Wishing you the best.

Jules 

NancyGM
                Participant
                  Thanks for your well wishes and sharing your dad’s story, Jules. It seems crazy how it can come back after so many years NED.
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics