The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

HARD LUMP IN WLE

Forums General Melanoma Community HARD LUMP IN WLE

Participant

My melanoma surgery was a year ago and just recently I have had pain and a hard lump come in the middle of the wle scar. Can this just be scar tissue and does scar tissue hurt after a year? It is white. Not sure whether to be alarmed or not. It does get rubbed alot since it is on the area where the bottom of my bra sits on it. I am stage 3B.

Thanks for any info!

Alabama Girl

My melanoma surgery was a year ago and just recently I have had pain and a hard lump come in the middle of the wle scar. Can this just be scar tissue and does scar tissue hurt after a year? It is white. Not sure whether to be alarmed or not. It does get rubbed alot since it is on the area where the bottom of my bra sits on it. I am stage 3B.

Thanks for any info!

Alabama Girl

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        JC
        Participant

I'm about a year and half out from WLE and SLNB, and I still feel weirdness, dull pain, etc. . at both sites (WLE back, SLNB under left arm).  The SLNB scar does have little sort of lumps that do hurt sometimes right along the scar, on the scar, from the surgery

JC
          Participant

I'm about a year and half out from WLE and SLNB, and I still feel weirdness, dull pain, etc. . at both sites (WLE back, SLNB under left arm).  The SLNB scar does have little sort of lumps that do hurt sometimes right along the scar, on the scar, from the surgery

JC
            Participant

alabama girl
              Participant

But did yours come up all at once or did you always have bumps? Mine has just started hurting the last 2 weeks and the bump just came up yesterday.

JC
                  Participant

I don't know exactly, I think it just sort of was over time. . not just all of a sudden one day, but some time after the surgery I'd start to feel dull pain in that arm.. .at the site and extending from the site down the arm, etc. . . and if I press on the scar it hurts a bit too. . and it's just the texture of the scar, not totally smooth, sort of little bumps, etc. . that make up the scar

JC
                    Participant

I don't know exactly, I think it just sort of was over time. . not just all of a sudden one day, but some time after the surgery I'd start to feel dull pain in that arm.. .at the site and extending from the site down the arm, etc. . . and if I press on the scar it hurts a bit too. . and it's just the texture of the scar, not totally smooth, sort of little bumps, etc. . that make up the scar

JC
                      Participant

POW
                        Participant

Alabama Girl, why don't you get on the phone today and make an appointment to see your dermatologist or your oncologist? Why torture yourself with worry? Why guess?  

It really doesn't matter if anyone else has bumps in the region of a scar or what their bumps look like. That would have absolutely no pronostic value for YOU and YOUR bump! Get it checked by a professional as soon as possible.

POW
                          Participant

Alabama Girl, why don't you get on the phone today and make an appointment to see your dermatologist or your oncologist? Why torture yourself with worry? Why guess?  

It really doesn't matter if anyone else has bumps in the region of a scar or what their bumps look like. That would have absolutely no pronostic value for YOU and YOUR bump! Get it checked by a professional as soon as possible.

POW
                            Participant

alabama girl
                            Participant

But did yours come up all at once or did you always have bumps? Mine has just started hurting the last 2 weeks and the bump just came up yesterday.

alabama girl
                              Participant

DeniseK
                                Participant

Hi Alabama Girl,

If I were you I'd call right away and talk to your oncologist or surgeon.  Don't put off getting it checked!  It could be nothing but scar tissue but just to be sure you should have it checked.  How big is the lump?  I had a sub q show up on my arm that started off the size of a bb and grew to the size of a grape in about 2 months.  Better in this case to be safe. 

Best wishes,

Denise

DeniseK
                                  Participant

Hi Alabama Girl,

If I were you I'd call right away and talk to your oncologist or surgeon.  Don't put off getting it checked!  It could be nothing but scar tissue but just to be sure you should have it checked.  How big is the lump?  I had a sub q show up on my arm that started off the size of a bb and grew to the size of a grape in about 2 months.  Better in this case to be safe. 

Best wishes,

Denise

DeniseK
                                    Participant

Hi Alabama Girl,

Best wishes,

Denise

doriniel
                                      Participant

I  dont want scare you but  two years after my wide excision I had a lump develop. I just kept thinking it was scar tissue. once I went and got it checked, turned out metastic melanoma. So to be on the safe side I for sure would get it looked at  better safe than sorry.  good luck and god bless

doriniel
                                        Participant

I  dont want scare you but  two years after my wide excision I had a lump develop. I just kept thinking it was scar tissue. once I went and got it checked, turned out metastic melanoma. So to be on the safe side I for sure would get it looked at  better safe than sorry.  good luck and god bless

doriniel
                                          Participant

DeniseK
                                            Participant

Please get this checked! 

DeniseK
                                              Participant

Please get this checked! 

sjl
                                                  Participant

I'm going to echo those who told you to get this checked.  I also do not want to scare you but my husband had a large lump as well as some smaller ones pop up along his neck incision overnight and they were melanoma that had spread.  Please make an appointment to see your doctor and INSIST that they see you right away.  I can't stress this enough.  Don't let them make you wait.  In my husband's case, his tumors grew at a very alarming rate and that is why I'm suggesting that you get in with your doctor immediately.  I hope yours is nothing but it's not worth taking a chance.  And if it does turn out to be melanoma, I hope that it helps you to know that my husband is now doing very well.  Good luck and I'll be praying for you.

sjl
                                                    Participant

I'm going to echo those who told you to get this checked.  I also do not want to scare you but my husband had a large lump as well as some smaller ones pop up along his neck incision overnight and they were melanoma that had spread.  Please make an appointment to see your doctor and INSIST that they see you right away.  I can't stress this enough.  Don't let them make you wait.  In my husband's case, his tumors grew at a very alarming rate and that is why I'm suggesting that you get in with your doctor immediately.  I hope yours is nothing but it's not worth taking a chance.  And if it does turn out to be melanoma, I hope that it helps you to know that my husband is now doing very well.  Good luck and I'll be praying for you.

sjl
                                                      Participant

DeniseK
                                                      Participant

Please get this checked! 

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics