The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy New Year to any of my old friends, etc

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy New Year to any of my old friends, etc

Participant

Been away a long time.  Now 12 years out from first mm,  4 years from second. NED.  End of my nose chopped off and replaced this year due to deep BCC that did not present on surface.  Over 40 BCC and SCC  positive biopsies since it all began. Turned 70 this year but still trim and slim, just a little slower, haha. You newbies stay strong, think positive and kick ass!!!

Been away a long time.  Now 12 years out from first mm,  4 years from second. NED.  End of my nose chopped off and replaced this year due to deep BCC that did not present on surface.  Over 40 BCC and SCC  positive biopsies since it all began. Turned 70 this year but still trim and slim, just a little slower, haha. You newbies stay strong, think positive and kick ass!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        CarolA
        Participant

And a happy New Year to you, too, Bill!   I've been around coming up on eight years (what? could that be?  see how, believe it or not, you can lose track?)    Remaining Stage III, recurrence 5 years ago, holding…and hanging on!     Remembering the old days of the OTBB, wow what a time would be had NOW in that forum, huh?    Good to read your occasional remarks, miss the old sarcastic humorings!   Be well, everyone, oldies and newbies!

CarolA

(Amherst, NY)   NOT Carole, whose posts I miss seeing, Warrior Extraordinaire!! (Happy New Year, Carole) 

CarolA
          Participant

And a happy New Year to you, too, Bill!   I've been around coming up on eight years (what? could that be?  see how, believe it or not, you can lose track?)    Remaining Stage III, recurrence 5 years ago, holding…and hanging on!     Remembering the old days of the OTBB, wow what a time would be had NOW in that forum, huh?    Good to read your occasional remarks, miss the old sarcastic humorings!   Be well, everyone, oldies and newbies!

CarolA

(Amherst, NY)   NOT Carole, whose posts I miss seeing, Warrior Extraordinaire!! (Happy New Year, Carole) 

CarolA
            Participant

CarolA

Janner
              Participant

Hi Bill,

Happy New Year to you and Pat!  Nice to see you posting and hoping Pat is doing as well as you!

Happy happy to you, too, Carol!

Janner

Janner
                Participant

Hi Bill,

Happy New Year to you and Pat!  Nice to see you posting and hoping Pat is doing as well as you!

Janner

Janner
                  Participant

Hi Bill,

Janner

aldakota22
                    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement.I am a newbie by your standards.Wishing everyone here success in their fight with mel.As I sit here and post I think of the warriors we have lost in 2012.I truly beleive that they in some part are  responsible in my soon to be NED status in Feb. That is my pma (positive mind attitude) kicking in. When I rarely get down I remember Brenda and her warrior Kevin  who I know is our angel advocating for all of us.Praying that 2013 is the year the beast goes down.Happy New Year to us all.Beat the Beast.     Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Thanks for the encouragement.I am a newbie by your standards.Wishing everyone here success in their fight with mel.As I sit here and post I think of the warriors we have lost in 2012.I truly beleive that they in some part are  responsible in my soon to be NED status in Feb. That is my pma (positive mind attitude) kicking in. When I rarely get down I remember Brenda and her warrior Kevin  who I know is our angel advocating for all of us.Praying that 2013 is the year the beast goes down.Happy New Year to us all.Beat the Beast.     Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics