The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy Mothers Day

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy Mothers Day

Participant

To all of us, mothers fathers, sisters, brothers, Happy Day to us.

To all of us, mothers fathers, sisters, brothers, Happy Day to us.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Bonnie,

I hope you had a great day! 

We went to Alabama on Tuesday so my husband could go to a golf tournament with our son. I got to watch the baby Wed. and Thursday instead of her going to daycare, then we got to bring her back to SC with us! She stayed part of today and then home to be with her mommy who had to work.  What a great week!

Scans on Tuesday and this definitely helped the stress levels!

Linda

Kimmer
            Participant

Linda!

You are in Anderson SC?  That is my hometown…srsly.  MIL/FIL moved back a couple years ago, so we are there for holidays…we should meet up some time.  Do y'all ever eat at jPeters or Sullivan's?  We actually looked at one of the condos in the old building now called the Chiquola, but decided against buying one.  (Wanted a place to spend the Fall for the weather and the football.)

Love those Tigers!  SIL, her Hubs and I are all grads.  My Hubs went to Wofford in Spartanburg for some unknown reason.

Guess you are ready for the upstate heat!

Take good care; sending you the very best thoughts for good scan results!

k.

lhaley
              Participant

We are totally Tiger fans!  The flag is flying in front of the house as I write!  Both son and dil graduated from Clemson. We go to all of the football games and tailgate n the BrooksCenter parking lot.  The only homegame that I missed last season was because of surgery. Well, couldn't get tickets for the SC game but we tailgated anyway.

Sullivan's is one of our favorites and we also go t jPeters all of the time. They have a new JPeters across from the Hooters right off of Clemson Blvd and 85.  We live just one mile off of exit 19. Next time your in town you have to let me know!   The summer heat has already hit. 86 yesterday and getting warmer. 

Linda

Kimmer
                Participant

It is a small world isn't it?  My inlaws live off of Hwy 81 just across from AM MED.  ( I think that is what it's called.)  Anderson has changed so much since I left 20 years ago.  I taught reading at Concord and Calhoun and then ran the computer lab at McCants Middle school…McCants is now where I went to high school.  And the high scholl, Hanna, looks enormous to me in its new location… kinda like the Emerald City.  I love downtown and the 'square' now.  When I was growing up, we didn't go 'there'; it was pretty run down.  I guess you are familiar with the via duct and the wine tasting society that lives underneath it? 

I will sure give you a shout out here when we go home again!  How cool is this? 

Thinking of you today! k.

lhaley
                  Participant

We've only been here for 10 months. I need info about the via duct ect!    Hanna does look like a college campus!  It is a small world. I just saw on the main page a newbie that is from Bear DE which is about 30 min. from where I used to live. 

I was also a teacher! Retired from Delaware and then taught in Horry County till mel decided to invade my bladder. Took that has a warning to get out of the stress!!

Scan results were STABLE!!!!!  Thanks for the thoughts!  I'm now going to try and put mel on the back burner for the next few months!!

Linda

lhaley
                    Participant

We've only been here for 10 months. I need info about the via duct ect!    Hanna does look like a college campus!  It is a small world. I just saw on the main page a newbie that is from Bear DE which is about 30 min. from where I used to live. 

I was also a teacher! Retired from Delaware and then taught in Horry County till mel decided to invade my bladder. Took that has a warning to get out of the stress!!

Scan results were STABLE!!!!!  Thanks for the thoughts!  I'm now going to try and put mel on the back burner for the next few months!!

Linda

Kimmer
                      Participant

It is a small world isn't it?  My inlaws live off of Hwy 81 just across from AM MED.  ( I think that is what it's called.)  Anderson has changed so much since I left 20 years ago.  I taught reading at Concord and Calhoun and then ran the computer lab at McCants Middle school…McCants is now where I went to high school.  And the high scholl, Hanna, looks enormous to me in its new location… kinda like the Emerald City.  I love downtown and the 'square' now.  When I was growing up, we didn't go 'there'; it was pretty run down.  I guess you are familiar with the via duct and the wine tasting society that lives underneath it? 

I will sure give you a shout out here when we go home again!  How cool is this? 

Thinking of you today! k.

lhaley
                        Participant

We are totally Tiger fans!  The flag is flying in front of the house as I write!  Both son and dil graduated from Clemson. We go to all of the football games and tailgate n the BrooksCenter parking lot.  The only homegame that I missed last season was because of surgery. Well, couldn't get tickets for the SC game but we tailgated anyway.

Sullivan's is one of our favorites and we also go t jPeters all of the time. They have a new JPeters across from the Hooters right off of Clemson Blvd and 85.  We live just one mile off of exit 19. Next time your in town you have to let me know!   The summer heat has already hit. 86 yesterday and getting warmer. 

Linda

Kimmer
                          Participant

Linda!

You are in Anderson SC?  That is my hometown…srsly.  MIL/FIL moved back a couple years ago, so we are there for holidays…we should meet up some time.  Do y'all ever eat at jPeters or Sullivan's?  We actually looked at one of the condos in the old building now called the Chiquola, but decided against buying one.  (Wanted a place to spend the Fall for the weather and the football.)

Love those Tigers!  SIL, her Hubs and I are all grads.  My Hubs went to Wofford in Spartanburg for some unknown reason.

Guess you are ready for the upstate heat!

Take good care; sending you the very best thoughts for good scan results!

k.

lhaley
                          Participant

Bonnie,

I hope you had a great day! 

We went to Alabama on Tuesday so my husband could go to a golf tournament with our son. I got to watch the baby Wed. and Thursday instead of her going to daycare, then we got to bring her back to SC with us! She stayed part of today and then home to be with her mommy who had to work.  What a great week!

Scans on Tuesday and this definitely helped the stress levels!

Linda

Kimmer
                            Participant

Thanks Bonnie!

I hope your day was great. 

Simple Me got some new sneaks for working out…they have purple shoelaces!  I am so jazzed.  And so simple.

Love You,

k.

Bonnie Lea
                                Participant

SIMPLE? nevah!  just athletic and full of life.  Went to Church with DD and then her pressie to me each year is a trip to the nursery to pick out our plants for the deck out back and some posies for the front.  I chose a lovely Floribunda Red Rose, called  HOT COCOA hmmmm.  Then home to find my worker bees (DH and sonny Boy and his new lady) busy with the new tiling of the floor. 

I had a hamburer we picked up from Wendy's and about 3 min later I was struck with what they called a migraine.  I have never had so much pain NEVER in all the goofy surgiers I have had, this took the cake.  I was frightened due to the shunt in my brain, as the headache was on both sides, and I never I cannot even reiterate on NEVER had this much pain before.  No warning,  no funny lights, no sensitity, nothing. 

Went to lay down after taking close to 2500 mg of asprin which did nothing.  Decided that if it stays on the shunt side, I will hop to the hobbithall.  After 4 hours it moved from both sides to one side, and fort it is the side that has not little meningioma living there, nor shunts.

Still with me today.  Though more like just a huge nasty headache.  Care Worker who comes in weekly for my mom, gave me a Motrim (super I think she called it)  400mg  but after about half hour, the pain has lessened.

Other than that….   Oh ya,  Sonny and his lady bought me a Kitchen Aid mixure thing.  One that I have wanted practically forever!  and one day when our kitchen is done, it will look great sitting on a coiunter!

lhaley
                                  Participant

Hope the headaches have gotten better!  At least if it was able to lessen it takes away some of the worry.

Linda

lhaley
                                    Participant

Hope the headaches have gotten better!  At least if it was able to lessen it takes away some of the worry.

Linda

Kimmer
                                      Participant

Yikes Bonnie,

Migraines are the worst.  I had them for years and years; starting when I was only 10.  Nothing ever helped until Imitrex came out.  I think it has some bad side effects, but I didn't care when my head hurt like that.  Turns out that mine were triggered by artificial sweeteners…some people have a food trigger.  I don't go near the stuff now and have been migraine free since 1999.  So sorry that you suffered!

Hubs bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday a few years ago…love it!  What a thoughtful son and his Lady you have… Last year we got the pasta roller attachment; it is great fun and entertaining to make fresh pasta sometimes when we have dinner guests.  I am afraid that the ultra kewl machine will not sit on our counter in the kitchen of the new little townhouse; I think it will be too tall.  It will just have to have a spot in the pantry, but I never leave it alone for too long.  I promise, you will love the contraption.  And it comes with other contraptions so you can spend even more moolah.  : )

We should be moving next week if all goes well with the closing.  Keeping everything crossed!

You take care of you now…

Love, k. 

Kimmer
                                        Participant

Yikes Bonnie,

Migraines are the worst.  I had them for years and years; starting when I was only 10.  Nothing ever helped until Imitrex came out.  I think it has some bad side effects, but I didn't care when my head hurt like that.  Turns out that mine were triggered by artificial sweeteners…some people have a food trigger.  I don't go near the stuff now and have been migraine free since 1999.  So sorry that you suffered!

Hubs bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday a few years ago…love it!  What a thoughtful son and his Lady you have… Last year we got the pasta roller attachment; it is great fun and entertaining to make fresh pasta sometimes when we have dinner guests.  I am afraid that the ultra kewl machine will not sit on our counter in the kitchen of the new little townhouse; I think it will be too tall.  It will just have to have a spot in the pantry, but I never leave it alone for too long.  I promise, you will love the contraption.  And it comes with other contraptions so you can spend even more moolah.  : )

We should be moving next week if all goes well with the closing.  Keeping everything crossed!

You take care of you now…

Love, k. 

Bonnie Lea
                                          Participant

SIMPLE? nevah!  just athletic and full of life.  Went to Church with DD and then her pressie to me each year is a trip to the nursery to pick out our plants for the deck out back and some posies for the front.  I chose a lovely Floribunda Red Rose, called  HOT COCOA hmmmm.  Then home to find my worker bees (DH and sonny Boy and his new lady) busy with the new tiling of the floor. 

I had a hamburer we picked up from Wendy's and about 3 min later I was struck with what they called a migraine.  I have never had so much pain NEVER in all the goofy surgiers I have had, this took the cake.  I was frightened due to the shunt in my brain, as the headache was on both sides, and I never I cannot even reiterate on NEVER had this much pain before.  No warning,  no funny lights, no sensitity, nothing. 

Went to lay down after taking close to 2500 mg of asprin which did nothing.  Decided that if it stays on the shunt side, I will hop to the hobbithall.  After 4 hours it moved from both sides to one side, and fort it is the side that has not little meningioma living there, nor shunts.

Still with me today.  Though more like just a huge nasty headache.  Care Worker who comes in weekly for my mom, gave me a Motrim (super I think she called it)  400mg  but after about half hour, the pain has lessened.

Other than that….   Oh ya,  Sonny and his lady bought me a Kitchen Aid mixure thing.  One that I have wanted practically forever!  and one day when our kitchen is done, it will look great sitting on a coiunter!

Kimmer
                                          Participant

Thanks Bonnie!

I hope your day was great. 

Simple Me got some new sneaks for working out…they have purple shoelaces!  I am so jazzed.  And so simple.

Love You,

k.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics