The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Had WLE on Satellite Spots

Forums General Melanoma Community Had WLE on Satellite Spots

Participant

Home from hospital had 2 satellite spots positive for melanamo today.  Back of my heel, original source bottome of heel.  I also, had skin graft taking in right groin area same place as SLNB, doc also took one swollen lymph node from same spot.  I am just wondering if the node was only swollen cause my original was healing via secondary healing.  (No skin graft just open would).

I have to keep the bandage on till Monday.  I guess that is when I will get results from lymph node.

Had to postpone last Yervoy treatment.  Did it even work???

Anyone else had satellite tumors close to orginal?

-Donna

diagnosed in June, 3a

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        laulamb
        Participant

Donna,

I don't have much information to offer but I am also 3a and I had ipi at 3mg … my doctor did say that the ipi treatments could cause lymph nodes to swell so perhaps that is what caused the swollen lymph node.  It sounds like with the satellite spots showing up, you are going to have to watch your skin closely.  If it is melanoma then it could open you up for more treatment options.  Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Laura

dmturner
            Participant

Laura,

Yes, it was biopsied and is melanoma.  I just hope they got it all this time.

I kinda knew by reading that the lymph nodes could swell.  I guess the surgical oncologist wanted to go ahead and take it.

The primary was bottom of my heel these two new ones right on the back of my heel.

-Donna

dmturner
              Participant

Laura,

I kinda knew by reading that the lymph nodes could swell.  I guess the surgical oncologist wanted to go ahead and take it.

The primary was bottom of my heel these two new ones right on the back of my heel.

-Donna

dmturner
                Participant

Laura,

-Donna

laulamb
                Participant

Donna,

I don't have much information to offer but I am also 3a and I had ipi at 3mg … my doctor did say that the ipi treatments could cause lymph nodes to swell so perhaps that is what caused the swollen lymph node.  It sounds like with the satellite spots showing up, you are going to have to watch your skin closely.  If it is melanoma then it could open you up for more treatment options.  Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Laura

laulamb
                  Participant

Donna,

Laura

debwray
                    Participant

Hi Donna,

Sounds like you are having a tough time. Hang in there. I had a number of lymph nodes removed from my groin and although several were enlarged only two tested positive for melanoma. Swollen does not necessarily mean positive for melanoma.

Yervoy works brilliantly for a small percentage of people but there are much higher response rates when combined with a pd1 drug such as nivo or keytruda- but the problem is approval for stage 3.

If your nodes are positive- you might want to look at clinical trials for stage 3- go to clinical trials.gov – advanced search/ open trials/ adult/ condition melanoma and then you state/ country.I tried this as a stage 3- but got the placeo and progressed  but there might be something that fits your situation and BRAF status etc 

Sometimes a combination of treatments seem to work well and the ipi in your system sticks around for a while. Hoping you heal well soon and that you get good news on Monday.

Waiting for results is so stressful -sending you healing waves and a commiseration hug for what its worth…

Deb

dmturner
                        Participant

Thanks Deb

I will look at the trials and talk with my oncologist.  I know he wants to do a CAT scan soon.  Even though I had PET scan and brain MRI done July that turned out negative.

Donna

dmturner
                          Participant

Thanks Deb

I will look at the trials and talk with my oncologist.  I know he wants to do a CAT scan soon.  Even though I had PET scan and brain MRI done July that turned out negative.

Donna

dmturner
                            Participant

Thanks Deb

Donna

debwray
                            Participant

Hi Donna,

Sounds like you are having a tough time. Hang in there. I had a number of lymph nodes removed from my groin and although several were enlarged only two tested positive for melanoma. Swollen does not necessarily mean positive for melanoma.

Yervoy works brilliantly for a small percentage of people but there are much higher response rates when combined with a pd1 drug such as nivo or keytruda- but the problem is approval for stage 3.

If your nodes are positive- you might want to look at clinical trials for stage 3- go to clinical trials.gov – advanced search/ open trials/ adult/ condition melanoma and then you state/ country.I tried this as a stage 3- but got the placeo and progressed  but there might be something that fits your situation and BRAF status etc 

Sometimes a combination of treatments seem to work well and the ipi in your system sticks around for a while. Hoping you heal well soon and that you get good news on Monday.

Waiting for results is so stressful -sending you healing waves and a commiseration hug for what its worth…

Deb

debwray
                              Participant

Hi Donna,

Deb

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics