The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Had my thoracentesis done on Weds

Forums General Melanoma Community Had my thoracentesis done on Weds

Participant

Had my biopsy done on Weds morning and then in the afternoon had the fluid drained, he took out a liter and a half said I was operating on one lung. My problem now is I am so sore from the procedure, which is not suppose to happen so am wondering did he hit a nerve or punture the lung?? I called there yesterday and was told to go to the ER and have a lung xray if it continues. My biggest problem is I can not lay on my side have to stay on my back and then it doesn't hurt, will see how it goes today and  might have to go to the ER tomorrow.

Had my biopsy done on Weds morning and then in the afternoon had the fluid drained, he took out a liter and a half said I was operating on one lung. My problem now is I am so sore from the procedure, which is not suppose to happen so am wondering did he hit a nerve or punture the lung?? I called there yesterday and was told to go to the ER and have a lung xray if it continues. My biggest problem is I can not lay on my side have to stay on my back and then it doesn't hurt, will see how it goes today and  might have to go to the ER tomorrow. Thought my coughing would stop too but that hasn't either. I will start my clinical trial on July 23rd. Have to redo the cat scan and mri of the the brain within 3 weeks of the trial but can have that done locally insteed of traveling 6 hours. Dr Albertini will be doing the trial for me. BTW the wedding was wonderful, I cried a couple of times only.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Sorr y  you are so sore.Hope by the time you read this you start feeling better.and no e.room visit needed.Great that the wedding was wonderful for you.In my prayers.Al the best .  Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Sorr y  you are so sore.Hope by the time you read this you start feeling better.and no e.room visit needed.Great that the wedding was wonderful for you.In my prayers.Al the best .  Al

aldakota22
            Participant

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Agree that even a needle biopsy can badly irritate a nerve.  The one they did on my lungs  (thru my back) made  it hard for me to lay on  my back for over a year.  It is now essentially no bother.  i do have a cough of a very thick mucous that the ENT doctor thinks may be GERD (I'm not as sure as he is.)  If the cough is too irritating, I would get it checked out further.

yoopergirl
                  Participant

I am pretty sure that this cough is from the mets in my lungs, I have to call my GP tomorrow and see if he will renew my script for the cough, constantly clearing my throat, Sorry you had a hard time for a year,  mine is getting better.

yoopergirl
                    Participant

I am pretty sure that this cough is from the mets in my lungs, I have to call my GP tomorrow and see if he will renew my script for the cough, constantly clearing my throat, Sorry you had a hard time for a year,  mine is getting better.

yoopergirl
                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Agree that even a needle biopsy can badly irritate a nerve.  The one they did on my lungs  (thru my back) made  it hard for me to lay on  my back for over a year.  It is now essentially no bother.  i do have a cough of a very thick mucous that the ENT doctor thinks may be GERD (I'm not as sure as he is.)  If the cough is too irritating, I would get it checked out further.

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics