The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Had my 10th Anti-PD-1 treatment and 60th peptide inection today

Forums General Melanoma Community Had my 10th Anti-PD-1 treatment and 60th peptide inection today

Participant

I also saw Dr Weber and discussed going back to work. He thinks it's a great idea and says I am doing awesome. He also says I am ona good drug and feels very good and believes I will continue to have positive results…dare I hope! I have 2 more treatments and then I go to anti-pd-1 (MDX 1106) every 3 months….hoping to remain NED! Just wanted to share the news!

I also saw Dr Weber and discussed going back to work. He thinks it's a great idea and says I am doing awesome. He also says I am ona good drug and feels very good and believes I will continue to have positive results…dare I hope! I have 2 more treatments and then I go to anti-pd-1 (MDX 1106) every 3 months….hoping to remain NED! Just wanted to share the news!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        JakeinNY
        Participant

It sounds great Lynn.

Best wishes for a long life.

Rocklove
            Participant

Fantastic News Lynn..

You and family continue to be in our prayers.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
              Participant

Fantastic News Lynn..

You and family continue to be in our prayers.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

JakeinNY
              Participant

It sounds great Lynn.

Best wishes for a long life.

ValinMtl
                Participant

This is wonderful news!  Wow! you are so fortunate to have Dr. Weber, I've heard so much about.  I'm having a PET scan on Friday and then heading down your way (Arcadia) on Monday. I fly back on February 21 for CT scan and then head back…praying that nothing has increased so I can go back on ipi once again in a few weeks after that, in meantime looking at other options due to problems.   I know you are in our neck of the woods so would love to meet up with you sometime for coffee…I love driving so not a problem.  You can reach me at my hotmail…[email protected]

I wish you great success on your job hunt…something that will give you great pleasure and NO stress.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                  Participant

This is wonderful news!  Wow! you are so fortunate to have Dr. Weber, I've heard so much about.  I'm having a PET scan on Friday and then heading down your way (Arcadia) on Monday. I fly back on February 21 for CT scan and then head back…praying that nothing has increased so I can go back on ipi once again in a few weeks after that, in meantime looking at other options due to problems.   I know you are in our neck of the woods so would love to meet up with you sometime for coffee…I love driving so not a problem.  You can reach me at my hotmail…[email protected]

I wish you great success on your job hunt…something that will give you great pleasure and NO stress.  Val xx

janet-varner
                    Participant
                      Hi Lynn, my name in Janet and my husband has stage 4 metastatic melanoma. For the past year, he has been in a clinical trial at the Moffit cancer center with dr. Weber. The treatment was ipilmumab. It was working great until April of 2011. I am now looking to start the pd1 phase 1 trial hopefully starting on Monday. I wanted to know how it has been going for you on this trial. Are there any side effects? If so, what are they? Any information you have would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
                      janet-varner
                      Participant
                        Hi Lynn, my name in Janet and my husband has stage 4 metastatic melanoma. For the past year, he has been in a clinical trial at the Moffit cancer center with dr. Weber. The treatment was ipilmumab. It was working great until April of 2011. I am now looking to start the pd1 phase 1 trial hopefully starting on Monday. I wanted to know how it has been going for you on this trial. Are there any side effects? If so, what are they? Any information you have would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
                    Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics