The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

GSK combo

Forums General Melanoma Community GSK combo

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
      Just wanted to thank Josh & John for their replies to my post on 27/9 . Sorry it has taken me so long but I had trouble logging in & have only just rectified the problem.
      In the mean time after resuming trametinib for 2 days & then just 3 doses of the combo after that, I again ended up with fever mouth ulcers & terrible nerve like pain up my legs & in my feet . I was walking like a sick 90 year old! Once again!!
      So I am off drugs again for another week when I’ll again resume on 5 days of trametenib before adding reduced dose of dabrafenib .
      Docs not sure if it’s the trametenib or the dabrafenib that’s causing me grief , however thinks it’s the dabrafenib. It’s trial & error to get the right dose my body can tolerate. Dr thinks we started back too soon the last time! The thing is no one knows much about this medication where I live – that’s why I’m so interested to hear of other peoples experiences. I really want the drugs to work as I’m not sure what alternatives will be available. I’m wondering if anyone has had similar side effects – & a positive outcome. I’m due for a scan in a months time so really need to get the medication continuing to work.
      Thanks for reading & do hope your politicians get some resolution to their differences.
      Hope everyone is doing well & keeping the fighting spirit alive. I know it’s not easy sometimes when you’re doing it really tough but I guess we all have to keep positive.

Take care,
      Lyn

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics