The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

GROSS WOMAN

Forums General Melanoma Community GROSS WOMAN

Participant

I just watched a video on the yahoo news thingy about a New Jersey woman who allegedly took her 6 year old (red hair fair skin) dotter into a tanning booth.  She claims the dotter was just in the room not in the what its called coffin?

I just watched a video on the yahoo news thingy about a New Jersey woman who allegedly took her 6 year old (red hair fair skin) dotter into a tanning booth.  She claims the dotter was just in the room not in the what its called coffin?

However, the video of the woman arguing that she did nothing wrong,  she is the most leathery off colour person I have ever seen.  My oh My what is the world coming to.  She sounds like she has a bad smoking habit, (rough voice)  so what will get her first….HMMMM  I know I am prob being judgmental but hey!  I THOUGHT most of the states had outlawed it?  the tanning parlour also figures in the on going police investigation.  She is charged with child endangerment, and bail set for I think 25,000.00

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

Industry on the Today Show  re tanning mom ( how to turn a negative into a positive with a sympathetic media..) 

Joe Levy Smart Tan “This is a sun bed….. exactly what you find used in dermatology offices for sunbed procedures for photo therapy procedures – it is little less intense than that. There are millions of customers a year who come to us because this is just like what they get in a dermatologists office but less expensive”

interviewer “you’re talking about Vitamin D”

Joe Levy “absolutely it was developed for Vitamin D production in northern Europe..”

( um….it may be good for Vitamin D production but that is not the reason for photo therapy procedures at the dermatologist's office! ) 

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47292831#47292831

https://smarttan.com/news/index.php/smart-tans-levy-on-nbc-today-show/

BonnieLea
            Participant

annonymous person (wish you had a name) 

It was also when I was very very young like 9 or so, I had excema on my fingers and the treatment was UV lights.  I remember well, thinking  oh Magic purple light.  Years and eons later, when going over my history as to why II developed Melanoma, that was also written down by the oncologists at our major cancer hospital here.

My dentist would not even use it when doing filling though the old fashioned way of setting stuff takes forever.  So me wonders why things never seem to improve, and why doesnt that 'woman' realize that she is not good looking now nor ever will be.

I take Vit D3 and try for a couple of five min intervals in the sunlight.  I never tanned, never layed out in the sun, but I was exposed at a very early age to a blistering burn when my dear mom fell asleep when I was a baby "sunning' in the pram.

My thoughts only on this.

BonnieLea
              Participant

It was also when I was very very young like 9 or so, I had excema on my fingers and the treatment was UV lights.  I remember well, thinking  oh Magic purple light.  Years and eons later, when going over my history as to why II developed Melanoma, that was also written down by the oncologists at our major cancer hospital here.

My dentist would not even use it when doing filling though the old fashioned way of setting stuff takes forever.  So me wonders why things never seem to improve, and why doesnt that 'woman' realize that she is not good looking now nor ever will be.

I take Vit D3 and try for a couple of five min intervals in the sunlight.  I never tanned, never layed out in the sun, but I was exposed at a very early age to a blistering burn when my dear mom fell asleep when I was a baby "sunning' in the pram.

BonnieLea
                Participant

bcl
                Participant

Industry on the Today Show  re tanning mom ( how to turn a negative into a positive with a sympathetic media..) 

Joe Levy Smart Tan “This is a sun bed….. exactly what you find used in dermatology offices for sunbed procedures for photo therapy procedures – it is little less intense than that. There are millions of customers a year who come to us because this is just like what they get in a dermatologists office but less expensive”

Joe Levy “absolutely it was developed for Vitamin D production in northern Europe..”

( um….it may be good for Vitamin D production but that is not the reason for photo therapy procedures at the dermatologist's office! ) 

bcl
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics