The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

GreenMedInfo

Forums General Melanoma Community GreenMedInfo

• Replies
      GeoTony
      Participant

now that's an interesting read!

COOKEYDEWAR
          Participant

I want to testify of how i got cured from HERPES VIRUS. I have been living with this VIRUS for years, i have done all i can to cure this virus but all my efforts proved abortive until i met a old friend of mine who told me about DR DAN the great herbal Doctor who prepare herbal cure to heal all kind of diseases, though i never believed in herbal cures, i decided to give it a try when i contacted this great Dr Dan, he helped me prepare the cure and send it to me which i make use of for just 3weeks and now behold the herpes is gone and i now have my life back, if you are out there living with this Virus or any kind of sickness just contact this great Herbal Doctor on his email [email protected]  website   http://blessedspellhome.website2.me/  OR reach him on +1(310)-751-7818 ,.,.;[][

SHERRYWALJER
            Participant

My name is SHERRY WALJER from USA Massachusetts, i want to testify to the general public how my relationship was restored back by the great power's of Dr Larry after three months of loneliness, my ex-lover called me after my contact with Dr Larry that he want us to come back and start a good home, now we are happily together again as lovers. All thanks to Dr Larry who did a love spell for me for my ex lover to return home. I will keep sharing this until people who also need help see this for his wonderful help. You can contact him on his via email [email protected] or whatsapp him on +1(424)-261-8520.  
              https://assurancesolutionhome.blogspot.com

Bubbles
            Participant

Interesting indeed!!!!  Thanks for sharing, anon!

Rob578

Of course  "Bubbles" knows more than this Dr.Axe or anyone else for that matter

NSNewf
                  Participant

Rob based on my own personal experience in dealing with Cancer myself as well as watching my sister in-law succumb to her disease so quickly by following alternative medicine (5 months from diagnosis to death) I review everything I can to gain perspective and stay informed. 

I review everything I read through a critical lens. I do respect the effort Celeste puts in doing the research. It assists in my own knowledge. Do I read everything she posts? Not a chance. I have found her research and sources to be of a high standard. 

I have also been reviewing your posts and links and you are not going to like this but I would not rely on them to be well informed or be able to have a meaningful conversation with my care providers. 

You are sourcing puesdo science publications and taking extreme exception when challenged. 

As I have said before I tend to stay anonymous but presenting false claims as science or interesting reads is the cause that I can not ignore. 

I am not alone but so long as you continue to post misleading information I will review and refute it. I will provide balance. I suspect I am not alone on this site. 

Stay healthy

SHERRYWALJER
                    Participant

My name is SHERRY WALJER from USA Massachusetts, i want to testify to the general public how my relationship was restored back by the great power's of Dr Larry after three months of loneliness, my ex-lover called me after my contact with Dr Larry that he want us to come back and start a good home, now we are happily together again as lovers. All thanks to Dr Larry who did a love spell for me for my ex lover to return home. I will keep sharing this until people who also need help see this for his wonderful help. You can contact him on his via email [email protected] or whatsapp him on +1(424)-261-8520.  
                      https://assurancesolutionhome.blogspot.com

NSNewf
                      Participant

Dr. Axe is a doctor of chiropractic and of natural medicine and has nutrition expertise. Maybe I missed it but he is not an MD. I trust my cancer care to MDs. Just a personal choice.

mrsaxde
                        Participant

I'm with you on that! My back has never felt better than it has since I started going to a chiropractor. And to my chiropractor's credit, he told me "I don't know much about treating cancer. So I'm not going to get into that with you. What I can help you with is dealing with the side effects of your treatment." Now that's a guy who understands how he and his discipline fit into the total picture!

-Bill

COOKEYDEWAR
                          Participant

I want to testify of how i got cured from HERPES VIRUS. I have been living with this VIRUS for years, i have done all i can to cure this virus but all my efforts proved abortive until i met a old friend of mine who told me about DR DAN the great herbal Doctor who prepare herbal cure to heal all kind of diseases, though i never believed in herbal cures, i decided to give it a try when i contacted this great Dr Dan, he helped me prepare the cure and send it to me which i make use of for just 3weeks and now behold the herpes is gone and i now have my life back, if you are out there living with this Virus or any kind of sickness just contact this great Herbal Doctor on his email [email protected]  website   http://blessedspellhome.website2.me/  OR reach him on +1(310)-751-7818

Rob578

Health
                            Autoimmune Disease & Immunity
                            Current:
                            Bee Propolis Benefits Immunity in the Fight Against Cancer, Candida & Parasites
                            Bee Propolis Benefits Immunity in the Fight Against Cancer, Candida & Parasites

Dr. Axe on Facebook

Dr. Axe on Twitter

Dr. Axe on Pintrest

You’re probably familiar with honey and might even be a fan of bee pollen or royal jelly already, but do you know the other bee-derived ingredient that’s known to have incredible health properties? I’m talking about bee propolis, also called “bee glue.” What is propolis? It’s a natural mixture produced by honey bees from a few things, including substances they collect from plants and trees.
                            This truly therapeutic substance not only guards beehives against intruders, but it can also fend off and treat all kinds of unwanted health conditions. Bee propolis has actually been used medicinally by humans since ancient times. This isn’t surprising once you know that bee propolis benefits include it having antimicrobial, antioxidative, anti-ulcer and anti-tumor properties. (1) Let’s look at why propolis may be your next bee product of choice.

What Is Bee Propolis?
                            Bee propolis is defined as a resinous mixture that honey bees produce by combining their own saliva and beeswax with exuded substances they collect from tree buds, sap flows and other botanical sources. Propolis color can vary depending on what the bee collects from nature to create it, but usually bee propolis is a shade of dark brown.
                            Propolis serves a huge purpose in the world of honey bees. They use it to seal undesirable small cracks and gaps in the hive (larger gaps get filled with beeswax). This is hugely important because if these openings don’t get sealed up properly, the hive could have some very threatening invaders like snakes and lizards.
                            When scientists have looked closer at the exact chemical composition of propolis, they have found that it actually contains over 300 natural compounds, including amino acids, coumarins, phenolic aldehydes, polyphenols, sequiterpene quinines and steroids. In general, raw propolis is made up of approximately 50 percent resins, 30 percent waxes, 10 percent essential oils, 5 percent pollen and 5 percent of various organic compounds. The interesting thing about propolis, which is also true for honey, is that its composition is always going to vary depending upon the exact collection time, collection location and plant sources. (2)
                            In case you’re thinking that bee propolis is a new health craze, I want to tell you that this bee product’s usage is said to date all the way back to the time of Aristotle circa 350 B.C. Ancient Egyptians were also known for using propolis in their mummification process while the ancient Greeks and Assyrians loved it for its wound- and tumor-healing abilities. (3)
                            Science and personal experience continue to show that bee propolis remains an incredibly medicinal substance today. Now, let’s look at some specific propolis benefits.

6 Health Benefits of Bee Propolis
                            1. Helps Combat Cancer
                            One of my favorite bee propolis benefits is that it appears to possess anti-tumoral and anticancer properties. There are currently over 300 scientific studies and articles focusing on propolis and cancer treatment. Two propolis polyphenols in particular seem to be the most potent anti-tumor agents. They are caffeic acid phenethyl esters from poplar propolis and Artepillin C from Baccharis propolis. Scientists believe that the ability of propolis to prevent cancer from developing in both animal models and human cell cultures is likely the result of its ability to inhibit DNA synthesis in tumor cells as well as its capability to induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) of tumor cells.
                            A 2016 study evaluated the effects of propolis extracts from the northern region of Thailand on cancer cell growth. All of the extracts showed high antioxidant activity as well as high phenolic and flavonoid content. Overall, the propolis extracts showed anticancer activities and extended the survival of animal subjects who already had tumors. This study concludes, “From these findings, it is evident that propolis extracts can be considered as a naturally obtained agent extremely useful in cancer treatment.” (4)
                            2. Treats Candida Symptoms
                            Candida or candidiasis is an infection caused by Candida Albicans, a yeast-like fungus. This is the most common type of yeast infection found in the mouth, intestinal tract and vagina, and it may affect skin and other mucous membranes. If the immune system is functioning optimally, this type of yeast infection is rarely serious. However, if the immune system is not functioning properly, the candida infection can migrate to other areas of the body, including the blood and membranes around the heart or brain. (5)
                            A study published in the journal Phytotherapy Research found that propolis extract inhibited oral candidiasis in 12 patients with denture-related inflammation and candidiasis. (6) Other research published in 2011 in the Journal of Medicinal Food revealed that propolis seems to be the bee product with the highest antifungal activity as demonstrated by its effect on 40 different yeast strains, including Candida Albicans. Other bee products tested included honey, bee pollen and royal jelly. (7)
                            3. Stops Herpes (Cold Sores) Reproduction
                            Herpes simplex virus (HSV) infections are extremely common. HSV-1 is the main cause of herpes infections on the mouth and lips, which are commonly known as cold sores and fever blisters. The herpes virus can live dormant inside a person’s immune system for a lifetime, periodically causing blisters that burst and turn into open cold sores or ulcers before healing. When left alone, herpes cold sores usually last about 10 to 14 days and are uncomfortable for a variety of reasons — causing redness, pain, burning and often embarrassment. HSV-1 can also cause genital herpes, but HSV-2 is the main cause of genital herpes.
                            The good news is that test tube studies have demonstrated that propolis can stop both HSV-1 and HSV-2 from reproducing. A study of people with genital herpes compared an ointment with propolis to Zovirax ointment, which is a common conventional treatment for genital herpes that lessens the symptoms of the infection. What did researchers find? The subjects using the propolis ointment had their lesions heal faster than those using the topical Zovirax ointment. Another study also revealed that a 3 percent propolis ointment can possibly reduce the pain and duration of cold sores. (8) This explains why many natural lip balms designed for cold sore and fever blister treatment contain propolis.

DaveNB
                            Participant

Interesting indeed!

Why does he(???) try so hard?

Dave.

Rob578

This is nothing more than a harmless substance (bee popolis) so who cares where the info has been aquired. Whether it helps or not that's up to the reader and his/her due diligence.

Why constnatly pick on this guy? Now if he said "here is a cure" or "I advise you take this" than you would have a point. There seems to be to many overly sensitive fellow mels on this Board who seem to have control issues. Very sad

CancerSpouse
                                  Participant

The reason Rob has been hammered for a number of his postings is because folks on this forum have a deadly disease or they love someone who has a deadly disease. And often they come here feeling frightened, anxious, desparate and vulnerable. They are seeking accurate, science-based information,. They are seeking support. They are looking for signs of hope.. They want to believe this disease will be cured soon and, in the meantime, that it can be managed.

For those reasons, they may be willing to try ANYTHING that sounds remotely helpful, especially if they are new to this complex, nightmare of a disease. To extend false hope to them in the forms of cheerleading posts about green meds and/or off label drugs is like preying on their vulnreabilities and doing so at what very likely is a low point in their lives. It is irresponsbile at best, and cruel at worst. ~ Carol    

Rob578

So Carol what are your credentials and what proof do you have that bee popolis, Vitamin D, and some off- label drugs do not help ? Please share with the Board ! Or perhaps it may be wise just to be honest and say " that's my personal opinion" . 

I do not appreciate someone calling me a liar or I'm out to harm people. I too by the way have cancer !! I have personally taken an off-label presription drug that reduced my 5.4 cm lymph node to 3.2cm in 11 days, just before surgery.

Saying a substance like bee popolis is harmful is like saying a baby aspirin is harmful. So please supply the evidence anything I posted is harmful and not helpful. I know you can't so please stop making over the top false claims.

Bubbles
                                      Participant

Rob, 

When you publish documents on this board with the direct statement that they are "interesting", with the implication that they are somehow helpful in the fight against melanoma…the onus is on YOU to provide the data that they are these things!  Carol, does not have to supply them for you.  Additionally, if you look back at the document you have posted multiple times, or on the one that notes that propoplis is NOT something that has been documented as effective in melanoma literature, or on the various posts that document REAL. LIVE. DATA. demonstrating the negative aspects of taking some of the drugs you are condoning…the "over the top, false claims".…are coming from you…not the other way around.  Contrary to your apparent beliefs, this board is very open to absolutely ANYTHING that will fight melanoma.  However, a great number of us have made it clear that we will always explore the reality of any unsubstantiated claims, backed by hucksters, rather than have them stand unchallenged.  If you are happy with your off-label use of various drugs, your consumption of bee pollen….AWESOME!!!  I hope they indeed produced the effects you claim and serve you well in the future.  Many of us sought to help you in your initial posts to this board.  Despite your cyber bullying and the animosity you have returned, we will continue to try to help.

celeste

NSNewf
                                        Participant

Rob

You did not answer the questions posed to you yesterday. Celeste has provided the opportunity again. The onus is on you to first state that the information and sources I.e GreenMedInfo, Josh Axe) are relevant reliable sources for Melanoma patients. Also the supporting rationale given neither have any clinical expertise with any form of cancer. The question on the table is credibility. It is up to you to prove it  I have provided information that states they are not credible or relevant 

As always take care

Rob578

First my response was to Carol not the two self proclaimed Board Censors. Why you two feel the need to constantly disect the contents of an article on a harmless substance is beyond me. OH by the way its not bee pollen it bee popolis.

Again what are your credentials to make up your own facts that this does not help. If its your opinion that's fine I have no problem, your fully entitled. But if your going to dispute someones research and countless studies and make statement " like this is garbage ". It's your responsibilty to back it up with facts. You can't just arbitrarily call authors quacks when you don't have the credentials or facts to back it up.

You are never going to get hard cold science of clinical trials on natural substances like bee popolis, vitamin D , and off- label prescription drugs. In theory there could easily be a cure for melanoma from an off-label drug(s) . If a person found it they would be labeled a quack.

What you two seem to demand is "show me the clinical trials and hard evidence or move on" . And that's never going to happen. I consider this being very close minded. I personally refuse to sit on my hands and hope I'm 15 or 20 of 100 people who live past 5 years on what's available today. I think we should all try and improve those odds by trying safe alternatives. Although great strides have been made in the last 7 years I still hate the stats. Please don't make me pull the evidence of these unfortunate stats.

You two seem to just want to sugar coat the board and stay within your predefined parameters. I could pull another 12 studies on bee popolis but I not going to watch you two make up your facts and that you know better.

In closing, other than articles I have posted I will give Celeste (bubbles) credit for helping countless people that come to this Board. You do this day in and out without financial gain and just from the heart. Although I may disagree at time s with your style and personality I do think you are a good person.

Bubbles
                                            Participant

Actually Rob,

There are LOTS of cold hard facts determined through science and trials on the very topics you mention.  I will post some for you!  c

NSNewf
                                              Participant

Rob,

I am hoping we can move on from this as I believe alot of time is being wasted and there are people using this site that could be better serves then reading this debate.

You and I are new to this disease me 18 months since discovery of primary and you approximately 10 months. This disease has been around since long before us and likely long after us.

When I first came to this board I crushed to look at the statistics and hoped for a miracle out there. To the best of my knowledge I have not seen it. Should there be one I can guarantee I would be first in line. I have become informed and I subscribe to multiple recognized leading publications in oncology to stay abreast of the latest treatments should my current NED status change.  I augment my viatmins in the hope of keeping a strong immune system. In addition, I live my life.

Rob I have spent alot of time recently reviewing the therapies you have discussed. here is a clinic in Toronto Canada that offers them on a fee for service basis. I have searched to find current research into the effectiveness of the therapies.

What I did find is disappointing. The medical director of the clinic has a restricted license, effective September 30, 2017,  based on public information from the Ontarion College of Physicians. (All you need to search is the Dr's first and last name as well as the word discipline.)

Rob it is very disconcerting that a clinic that practices the therapies you are suggesting has a medical director now under restriction. I encourage to read the information from the College. The langauge is quite strong regarding why the restriction was warranted.

Anecdotally I also reviewed the RateMD for the medical director. There were favourable reports. Additionally there were reports of patients spending $25-$30K on the off label treatments with no benefit. I am not advocating either report is entirely accurate but in light of the fact that the Ontario College has completed an investigation and applied restrictions it is very disconcerting.

Look your care is your choice much like mine. That being said words are powerful and when people come here it is important they get factual information on recognized and proven treatments. We have a responsiblity to provide accurate, current, relevant scientifically proven facts regarding care.

I know it frustrates you when I say sources are important but they are. This disease as I am sure you know is something you have to be preparesd to fight each and every day armed with the best information available from reputable sources.

Rob578

Why you are bringing up this clinic in Toronto is beyond me. I have never mentioned or posted a link to it. It was Ed that linked it claiming I was part of it.

Having said that and since you brought it up the patience they receive are ones where ther oncologists have no more to offer or they are from medically limited Countries. 

There fees as you stae are very reasonable $85.00 US a consultation. Some treatments like LDN cost about  $100 per month and other can cost in total under $10,000. Not the ridiculous figure you mention.

As to this real doctor and his license again you are wrong… factual link below

Personally I would never go to this clinic unless my oncologists gave up on me and that would be a big maybe.

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

Rob…..let's please stop playing games.  Ed is not your problem.  On 3/8 at 11:16 in this thread:  https://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/aggressive-natural-therapy

You said this…as though it was your own words:

"In 2007 it was discovered that the drug DCA (dichloroacetate sodium) induced the death of human breast, lung and brain cancer cells that were implanted into rats, while being non-toxic to healthy cells. This research was published in Cancer Cell, 11, 37–51, January 2007. DCA has been found to kill cancer cells by a newly discovered mechanism that appears to be common to several types of cancer. DCA works by turning on the natural cell suicide system (called apoptosis) which is suppressed in cancerous cells, thus allowing them to die on their own. DCA does not poison the cells like cytotoxic chemotherapy drugs. DCA also interferes with the cancer cell’s use of glucose, starving the cell of energy. At the same time, it does not starve healthy cells in the body of glucose."

Anybody want to guess where those words came from????  How bout this link?  

http://medicorcancer.com/dca-dichloroacetate-frequently-asked-questions/

Where on the MEDICOR Cancer Center page on DCA therapy it says this:  

"In 2007 it was discovered that the drug DCA (dichloroacetate sodium) induced the death of human breast, lung and brain cancer cells that were implanted into rats, while being non-toxic to healthy cells. This research was published in Cancer Cell, 11, 37–51, January 2007. DCA has been found to kill cancer cells by a newly discovered mechanism that appears to be common to several types of cancer. DCA works by turning on the natural cell suicide system (called apoptosis) which is suppressed in cancerous cells, thus allowing them to die on their own. DCA does not poison the cells like cytotoxic chemotherapy drugs. DCA also interferes with the cancer cell’s use of glucose, starving the cell of energy. At the same time, it does not starve healthy cells in the body of glucose."

Look familiar?????????????????  So, yeah!  YOU brought up Medicore.  The copy/search function is really cool, isn't it??? 

And linking the link to the Medicor site does in no way change or refute the information that NSNewf presented.

NOW…STOP THE MADNESS!!!  ENOUGH!!!

celeste

Rob578

Thanks you just proved my point " I did NOT mention the name Medicor nor did I supply a link to it". Sure I copied some info …so what!! 

What it proves is I was in no way promoting the clinic and trying to send members in that direction. I personally believe in short term use of DCA , ivermectin , LDN (low dose naltrexone). One can obtain these from mamy many sources. From Amazon to compounding pharmacies throughout the world.

So please get off your holy than now high horse and stop with pretending to be the censorship moderator queen.

NSNewf
                                                      Participant

Rob

I appreciate the honesty regarding treatment though I can’t say I understand it. In spite of evidence you choose off label unproven therapies versus standards of care. Personally I prefer to follow recognized treatments that have empirical evidence from experts with disease management, treatment and research. 

The part that confuses me is your anger and frustration that you present when you are challenged. You are an adult of 61 years of age. I would suspect you must have not always agreed with people throughout your life. To be honest it undermines your credibility when you have your outbursts.

You take it as a personal attack that you are asked to prove your responses rather than we (other members) accept them with no evidence or evidence from “questionable” sources. You have approximately 10 months with this disease though you act like an expert. Do you have a medical background that we are not aware?

what are we missing?

Rob578

What bothers me are people who say let's end this conversation and leave on a good tone. Than keep coming back and goating .

Also, you don't seem to read my post's entirely but selectively. I DO NOT ​choose off label versus standard treatment. I choose standard treatment complimented by off-label prescription drugs as an enchancement.

Or immune boosting therapies including flora with standard treament. So we do have an agreement that we both follow recognized treaments that have empirical evidence as a first primary.

I'm stage 3a before surgery I took 4x the dose of ivermectin as per russian clinical trials and University of Toronto studies. By the way millions upon millions of people throughout the world have taken ivermectin for its perscription intended use. Side effects not worth mentioning, people have severely over dosed . No one has ever died.

I have taken every off-label drug I mentioned short term with 0 side affects. That's just me not sitting on my hands as my greatest fear is going stage 4. I'm really not advocating no one not follow their oncolgist.

I have spent hundreds of hours researching and I'm by no means close to any expert. Yes I get upset when you question something like bee propolis which is as safe as a baby aspirin. Go read my last 4 posts and you will see I'm very much pro oncologist. 

I will also be taking Tafinlar and Mekinist very shortly and the potential side affects make me very fearful.

So I am very much main stream but believe in enhancements when your not taking oncologists prescribed treatments.

NSNewf
                                                          Participant

Where are you located? Taf and MeK for 3a was not offered to me?

Rob578

NSNewf you you want to converse off this Board I will take a leap of faith with you. Give you insight how you may be able in your location to get on this adjuvant twin drug not yet available. 

The leap of faith is if you decide to comtact me through the Board is you will keep this information private and off the Board. I assume your the same as me Stage 3a and have had a neck dissection.

Rob578

and you are BRAFv600e

NSNewf
                                                                Participant

Hey Rob

I see you were able to locate the clinic I was referring. Also it appears by Celeste post that you have been on it before. 

So it appears you struggled with locating the information regarding the discipline. 

Here is the resume of the clinical director. http://medicorcancer.com/wp-content/uploads/AK_Long_CV_2017.pdf

Here is the link to the restriction order from the Ontario College of Physicians.http://www.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDetails/Khan-Akbar-Nauman/0051270-65249

I go back to what I said before. Sources matter

Take care

Brent Morris
                                                                  Participant

Dear Mr. Rob578:

You are right about the approach to the treatment of melanoma when you characterize it as "show me the clinical trials and hard evidence or move on." That is a good way to state the scientific approach to medicine. Without that criterion we would be reduced to voodoo and magical thinking. And yes, anyone can give valid opinions if they have the ability to understand the science and provide reproducible and verifiable data. You can have differences regarding what the data means, but you have to start with the data. Your claims, that your assertions in regard to propolis for instance, must be shown to be untrue or else accepted – has the cart before the horse. If you are claiming that propolis helps with melanoma then you have to show the evidence that it does. Evidence is not simply testimonials by those who believe it works. That can be a place to start, but it is not the place to end. To find out when and if a treatment works requires a well designed clinical trial, often more than one. That is very frustrating. It is especially tough for those on the raw end of the statistics. Still, many with melanoma are tougher. They have sacrificed money, suffered, and even given their lives to make possible the science needed to allow clinical trials that provide answers for themselves and others. To call into question the scientific approach is to insult them. I think you should keep that in mind. Finally, I want to commend you for recognizing the fact that the fellow melanoma victims on this forum are here for you as well. They are not seeking confrontation but support. Bees do have the right idea. You will attract more support with honey than with vinegar.

Bubbles
                                                                  Participant

Here are links to posts that include real live data done in real live studies by real live scientists/researchers/MD's in regard to Vitamin D as it relates to melanoma:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2017/09/vitamin-d-and-melanoma.html  

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2017/06/vitamin-d-and-melanoma-folks-with.html  

Most of these contain links to even more studies that attained "hard cold science" on the topic of Vitamin D and melanoma!!  

PS…You are right, your post was not about bee pollen (just trying to lighten things up a bit!!).  Nor was it about "bee popolis"!!!  Your post was about "bee propolis"!  Just keep'n it real!!  C

Bubbles
                                                                    Participant

Let's see!  What off label drug studied in the cure, killing, treatment…you name it…of melanoma first?

Okay.  The first study presented in this post looked at using thioridazine:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2018/01/everything-cures-melanoma-and-yes-were.html  

This post has actual studies that looked at the effect of ~ doxycyline, cimetadine, and NSAID's ~ on melanoma:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/07/everything-cures-melanomaso-why-do-we.html  

yep,  hard, cold, science.  c

Bubbles
                                                                      Participant

So Rob, 

There are many of us here…who not only have melanoma…but work really hard to share the hard, cold fact about melanoma.  I have been living with and in this world for 15 years.  I have suffered personally and watched others suffer even more.  I lost my rose colored glasses a long, long time ago.  There really IS science out there about alternative treatments for melanoma.  There really ARE better treatments available today than there were just 7 years ago and with those….live spans of those with melanoma have expanded dramatically – even though melanoma sucks great big green hairy wizard balls!!!

For what it is worth, I think you are selling your own prognosis short.  But, so be it.  Additionally, if you are really desperate to have an off label/alternative/complementary treatment with or without any other treatment for yourself – go for it!!!

If you would like to try some with documentation of postive effect – check out the stuff I put up about Vitamin D.  It makes a differrence.

There is also curcumin to consider.  It has plus minus data reports.  A little talked about possible side effect is the development of gall stones…but…   You can find info about curcumin as it relates to melanoma in the link I already gave you above…here is another: 

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/02/for-melanomaeat-that-curryagain-we-just.html

Yep.  Real live data.  Hard cold facts.  We depend on them here.  Our lives depend on it.  I wish you well.  Celeste

Rob578

I think a lot of people on this Board have misunderstood me as someone either trying to sell something or push potentially dangerous substances on people. Or perhaps misunderstood my motives.

I do in fact believe in clinical scientific trials first and foremost. Unfortunately, its never going to happen with natural substances , vitamins , or off-label drugs. Only studies with limited results.

Our best shot at beating melanoma is listening to your oncologists and taking what's available or possible joining a clinical trial. I have never suggested an alternative, just an enhancement. If some member posted "don't listen to your oncoligists" …"take this substance" . Even if I believed the mentioned substance was helpful I would push to have that member taken off the Board.

However, my only motive is to enhance ones treatment and possible increase the stats in a safe manner. I'm actually very pleased Celeste has posted links to this cause. It does show you are not as close minded as I thought.

I do think this subject should end and I will try and ensure my sources have better creditability if I should ever decide to post other potential enhancements.

Bubbles
                                                                            Participant

I posted these links for you on 3/8.  Glad you have finally taken notice.  Celeste

CancerSpouse
                                                                            Participant

Rob,

As has been well stated above, it is not up to me to prove that your bee propolis isn't curative. You posted about it, presumably because YOU thought it had value. Therefore the onus is on you to provide the scientific validation.

I'm not a scientist, but I spent a significant part of my career working in journalism and can tell you that your presentation of information on this Board lacks credibility on it face. As has been discussed, you provide no context for the information you post and no proof that the article or report you're touting is even valid.

Then you get upset when individuals who work very hard to provide accurate, helpful, scientifically-validated information on this Board call you out on the flimsiness of your contributions.  At that point, you cast yourself as the "misunderstood" victim who is being "censored" and bullied. This typically is followed by your all out trolling of those trying to hold you accountable for what you've said, e.g. thread above.  

As a former journalist, I, of course, believe you have the right to say whatever you want. But don't expect anyone else to censor their responses to your posts — especially when the information you post, devoid of context and lacking substantiating data, looks like ads for bogus cancer cures. 

~ Carol  

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics