The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Greatly appreciate any Info

Forums General Melanoma Community Greatly appreciate any Info

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
      Quick rundown… 2004 Mole left ankle biopsy Melanoma 1.05 mm, Clark’s level IV, neg ulceration , miotic rate 2/mm2. I had a wide Excision and negative sentinel lymph node biopsy.
      Jan 2011 new nodular lesion left shin area, melanoma
      March 2011 wide excision and skin flap
      Sept 2011 2 nodular looking lesions left shin area
      Dec 2011 ILP MDAnderson with Melphalan and Dactamycian (I know I spelled that wrong sorry) not very successful .
      May 2012 2 more lesions ..revealed dermal s100-positive spindle cell proliferation similar to the one seen in previous biopsy.
      Dec 2012 Clinical Trial ILP with Temozolomide .. Unsuccessful, removed from trial and proceeded with 5 wide excisions and skin graft Feb 2013
      March 2013 1month later finished skin graft on shin and had reexcision on 2 areas where the margins were not clear and skin graft on ankle where I found Sub Q?
      May 2013 found new suspicious lesion left calf .. Referred to medical oncology at MDA
      They had been talking about treatment with Zelboraf since I am BRAF positive, but I thought I understood it to be used as a last resort type of thing, and that people become resist to it after a short period of time. So far all my scans up until now are clear. So would another treatment be better before Z ?
      I sure would appreciate any advice you have. It’s late and I’m tired and worried so I hope I haven’t confused anyone too much. Thanks ahead of time.

Dee

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics