The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great News About My brain Tumor

Forums General Melanoma Community Great News About My brain Tumor

Participant

I had my scheduled brain MRI at Dana Farber this morning and i received great news from the radiation oncologist…. In his words "Remarkable". All of my lesions and tumors shrunk or disappeared! The doctors are not sure if it is due to the WBR that was completed in March, the 4 infusions of IPI that was completed in June or the 3+ weeks of Zelboraf that I am on now. 

Bryan

I had my scheduled brain MRI at Dana Farber this morning and i received great news from the radiation oncologist…. In his words "Remarkable". All of my lesions and tumors shrunk or disappeared! The doctors are not sure if it is due to the WBR that was completed in March, the 4 infusions of IPI that was completed in June or the 3+ weeks of Zelboraf that I am on now. 

Bryan

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant
          Remarkable is right, Bryan.
          Congratulations!
          Karen
          NYKaren
          Participant
            Congratulations!
            Karen
            NYKaren
            Participant
              Congratulations!
              Karen
              Brendan
              Participant

Bryan,

Congratulations.  That is simply incredible.  Continued good luck to you.

Brendan

Brendan
                Participant

Bryan,

Brendan

Brendan
                  Participant

Bryan,

Brendan

POW
                    Participant

That is wonderful news, Bryan! Good for you!

It sounds like you have been through the mud and the blood with this monster. You have had to deal with endless doctor visits, lab tests, side effects and the ever-present "scanxiety". I'm so glad that your patience and perseverence is paying off for you. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. 

POW
                      Participant

It sounds like you have been through the mud and the blood with this monster. You have had to deal with endless doctor visits, lab tests, side effects and the ever-present "scanxiety". I'm so glad that your patience and perseverence is paying off for you. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. 

POW
                        Participant

Tina D
                          Participant

Whatever the reason…this is awesome news!! I am sure you are rejoicing today!!! YAY!

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

Whatever the reason…this is awesome news!! I am sure you are rejoicing today!!! YAY!

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

DeniseK
                                Participant

That's GREAT news Bryan!!  Gonna post my great news today too but basically similar results.  All 7 of my brain mets have shrunk in 1/2 or gone.  They did SRS on June 10th only on 2 of them that were 1cm or larger.  I had 1st infusion of IPI July 4th, along with 1/2 dose of Zelboraf and WBR finished back in January.  Not sure what is working but I'm thinking it's the IPI even though I only had it in my system for 6 days at time of new MRI.  Brain stable or improved now since May 25th, as of today 7 weeks stable, I need 8 for clinical trial of Anti PD 1.  I'm getting Gamma knife on July 25th to zap the remaining tumors.  So exciting!!

DeniseK
                                  Participant

That's GREAT news Bryan!!  Gonna post my great news today too but basically similar results.  All 7 of my brain mets have shrunk in 1/2 or gone.  They did SRS on June 10th only on 2 of them that were 1cm or larger.  I had 1st infusion of IPI July 4th, along with 1/2 dose of Zelboraf and WBR finished back in January.  Not sure what is working but I'm thinking it's the IPI even though I only had it in my system for 6 days at time of new MRI.  Brain stable or improved now since May 25th, as of today 7 weeks stable, I need 8 for clinical trial of Anti PD 1.  I'm getting Gamma knife on July 25th to zap the remaining tumors.  So exciting!!

DeniseK
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics