The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

great news!

Forums General Melanoma Community great news!

Participant

Hello,

Got great news today!  Had previously a 1 cm tumor in y arm, 4.3 cm nodule in my lower left abdomen and 1.9 cm nodual in my upper left abdomen.  As well as 7 mm and 2mm spots in my brain.

Found out today, both brain spots are gone, the arm tumor is gone, and both abdomen tumors are shrinking!  best news I could have heard….

Hello,

Got great news today!  Had previously a 1 cm tumor in y arm, 4.3 cm nodule in my lower left abdomen and 1.9 cm nodual in my upper left abdomen.  As well as 7 mm and 2mm spots in my brain.

Found out today, both brain spots are gone, the arm tumor is gone, and both abdomen tumors are shrinking!  best news I could have heard….

I am currently in a clinical trial at the Angeles Clinic in Los Angeles…Ipi and experimental pill.  pill doesn't have a name just an bunch of letters and numbers lol.  Its a new trial as I believe I was only the 2nd patient enrolled.  I believe the ful name of my trial is on my profile.

Feeling very grateful today to say the least!

Jeff

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hstevens0072
        Participant
          Clinical Trial(s): A Phase 1/2 Randomized, Blinded, Placebo Controlled Study of Ipilimumab in Combination With INCB024360 or Placebo in Subjects With Unresectable or Metastatic Melanoma

Congrats Jeff!! I’m having my third dose of Ipilimumab next Tuesday and am hoping for good results. Have you had any side effects?

Holly

Ps – I grew up in Westlake 1970-1983. Neighbors!

Hstevens0072
          Participant
            Clinical Trial(s): A Phase 1/2 Randomized, Blinded, Placebo Controlled Study of Ipilimumab in Combination With INCB024360 or Placebo in Subjects With Unresectable or Metastatic Melanoma

Congrats Jeff!! I’m having my third dose of Ipilimumab next Tuesday and am hoping for good results. Have you had any side effects?

Holly

Hstevens0072
            Participant

Holly

jeffjohn78
                Participant

Hi Holly,

yes that is the trial I am on!  

Thank you! I hope the ipi is just as successful for you as it has been for me.  I have had very minor side effects.  Mainly fatigue, slight nausea.  Oh and my mustache is coming in white now haha Definitly not complaining. 

Are you just taking ipi or are you in a combination drug trail?

Jeff

jeffjohn78
                  Participant

Hi Holly,

Thank you! I hope the ipi is just as successful for you as it has been for me.  I have had very minor side effects.  Mainly fatigue, slight nausea.  Oh and my mustache is coming in white now haha Definitly not complaining. 

Jeff

jeffjohn78
                    Participant

Hi Holly,

Jeff

Hstevens0072
                      Participant
                        Just Ipilimumab right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!
                        Holly
                        Hstevens0072
                        Participant
                          Holly
                          Hstevens0072
                          Participant
                            Holly
                            G-Samsa
                            Participant
                              I haven’t heard of INCB024360– does this appear to have great promise? I see anti-PD-1 coupled with IPI in trials– does this compound have the same promise– perhaps representing another hope. I see current trials are restricted to those who haven’t been treated with anti-PD-1…. But I suppose there may eventually be trials that assess how these may compliment each other????
                              G-Samsa
                              Participant
                                I haven’t heard of INCB024360– does this appear to have great promise? I see anti-PD-1 coupled with IPI in trials– does this compound have the same promise– perhaps representing another hope. I see current trials are restricted to those who haven’t been treated with anti-PD-1…. But I suppose there may eventually be trials that assess how these may compliment each other????
                                G-Samsa
                                Participant
                                Tina D
                                Participant

This is tremendous news and  I am smiling as I read it. YAY!! Thank you for sharing your joyful news 🙂

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

This is tremendous news and  I am smiling as I read it. YAY!! Thank you for sharing your joyful news 🙂

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina

randallgford
                                      Participant

Great news and thanks for sharing – we melanoma patients and caregivers

need all the encouragement we can get. Enjoy!!!!

randallgford
                                        Participant

randallgford
                                          Participant

jim Breitfeller
                                            Participant
                                              Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-1 (IDO1; IDO) mediates oxidative cleavage of tryptophan, an amino acid essential for cell proliferation and survival. IDO1 inhibition is proposed to have therapeutic potential in immunodeficiency-associated abnormalities, including cancer. Here, we describe INCB024360, a novel IDO1 inhibitor, and investigate its roles in regulating various immune cells and therapeutic potential as an anticancer agent. In cellular assays, INCB024360 selectively inhibits human IDO1 with IC50 values of approximately 10nM, demonstrating little activity against other related enzymes such as IDO2 or tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO). In coculture systems of human allogeneic lymphocytes with dendritic cells (DCs) or tumor cells, INCB024360 inhibition of IDO1 promotes T and natural killer (NK)–cell growth, increases IFN-γ production, and reduces conversion to regulatory T (Treg)–like cells. IDO1 induction triggers DC apoptosis, whereas INCB024360 reverses this and increases the number of CD86high DCs, potentially representing a novel mechanism by which IDO1 inhibition activates T cells. Furthermore, IDO1 regulation differs in DCs versus tumor cells. Consistent with its effects in vitro, administration of INCB024360 to tumor-bearing mice significantly inhibits tumor growth in a lymphocyte-dependent manner. Analysis of plasma kynurenine/tryptophan levels in patients with cancer affirms that the IDO pathway is activated in multiple tumor types. Collectively, the data suggest that selective inhibition of IDO1 may represent an attractive cancer therapeutic strategy via up-regulation of cellular immunity.
                                              jim Breitfeller
                                              Participant
                                                Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-1 (IDO1; IDO) mediates oxidative cleavage of tryptophan, an amino acid essential for cell proliferation and survival. IDO1 inhibition is proposed to have therapeutic potential in immunodeficiency-associated abnormalities, including cancer. Here, we describe INCB024360, a novel IDO1 inhibitor, and investigate its roles in regulating various immune cells and therapeutic potential as an anticancer agent. In cellular assays, INCB024360 selectively inhibits human IDO1 with IC50 values of approximately 10nM, demonstrating little activity against other related enzymes such as IDO2 or tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO). In coculture systems of human allogeneic lymphocytes with dendritic cells (DCs) or tumor cells, INCB024360 inhibition of IDO1 promotes T and natural killer (NK)–cell growth, increases IFN-γ production, and reduces conversion to regulatory T (Treg)–like cells. IDO1 induction triggers DC apoptosis, whereas INCB024360 reverses this and increases the number of CD86high DCs, potentially representing a novel mechanism by which IDO1 inhibition activates T cells. Furthermore, IDO1 regulation differs in DCs versus tumor cells. Consistent with its effects in vitro, administration of INCB024360 to tumor-bearing mice significantly inhibits tumor growth in a lymphocyte-dependent manner. Analysis of plasma kynurenine/tryptophan levels in patients with cancer affirms that the IDO pathway is activated in multiple tumor types. Collectively, the data suggest that selective inhibition of IDO1 may represent an attractive cancer therapeutic strategy via up-regulation of cellular immunity.
                                                jim Breitfeller
                                                Participant
                                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics