The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Grand Canyon still possible

Forums General Melanoma Community Grand Canyon still possible

Participant

My husband is stage 3 survivor. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary by going hiking in the Grand Canyon. Sun protective clothing, SPF 70 sunscreen, hats and sunglasses….3 days and NO sunburns or tans. We had a ball! We never thought we could do such a thing. It is possible. 🙂 There’s life after melanoma! Yea!

My husband is stage 3 survivor. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary by going hiking in the Grand Canyon. Sun protective clothing, SPF 70 sunscreen, hats and sunglasses….3 days and NO sunburns or tans. We had a ball! We never thought we could do such a thing. It is possible. 🙂 There’s life after melanoma! Yea!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        akls
        Participant

That’s awesome!  Here’s to 40 more years!!!

Amy S. in Michigan

d.wood
            Participant

Thanks! —–{–@

Melanoma thought it would tear us apart….HA!

Our love is deeper from the fight. Life is so precious. If you are newly diagnosed, don’t be afraid. Forge on. There are many who have fought and won….you can too. You CAN!

washoegal
            Participant

Thanks for the great story.  It’s so good to hear wonderful news every once in a while.

Mary

Stage 3

ValinMtl
              Participant

That’s wonderful to hear!  Congratulations on 40 years together…best wishes on celebrating your 50th anniversary in the same manner!  Val

joy_
                Participant

That’s so wonderful and encouraging!

Tracy

KatyWI
                  Participant

I am so jealous!  We spent just a day at the Grand Canyon on our honeymoon two years ago and I want to go back.  Hiking to the bottom got added to my life list.  I want to do it enough that I’m even willing to camp.  I don’t camp.  So you know it’s really worth it if I’m willing to sleep on a rock!

Still sorta kinda still on topic…

Another great place to vacation is northern California among the redwoods.  Firstoff, the trees are kinda big and they make lots of shade.  Second, the weather is quite temparate and you won’t sweat to death in long pants or sleeves.  We just got back and it was the easiest I ever had it in terms of staying sun protected.

KatyWI

bcforce
                    Participant

AWESOME !!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics