The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Graft

Participant

Hello- I had a full thickness graft placed on my nose 11/10/17.  Today is one week and it looks like it is adhering nicely. The color is pink/purple.  Has  anyone had a graft and if so, how long before the skin blends in a bit?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

Hi Thinking!

I had one on the top of my head and it took about 6 weeks before it was fully healed and actually started to blend with the rest of my scalp. It was pretty large, about 6cm in diameter so I had a bolster and it took a little while, your's might be much quicker as I'm guessing its not quite as large being on your nose.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics