The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Got sunburned :(

Forums General Melanoma Community Got sunburned :(

Participant

Oops, last weekend my back got sunburned… first time in about 20 years!  And of course, yesterday was my visit with my derm.

As soon as he walked in, I confessed – I told him I got sunburned on my back, it hadn't happened in forever, it was a total mistake, blah blah blah…

All he did was look at me, then said in a quiet voice, "Well…. was it everything you dreamed it would be?"

Yeah, he's funny.

Cyn

Oops, last weekend my back got sunburned… first time in about 20 years!  And of course, yesterday was my visit with my derm.

As soon as he walked in, I confessed – I told him I got sunburned on my back, it hadn't happened in forever, it was a total mistake, blah blah blah…

All he did was look at me, then said in a quiet voice, "Well…. was it everything you dreamed it would be?"

Yeah, he's funny.

Cyn

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Kimmer
        Participant

Yep, I had that happen too.  We had to snorkel over to the Baths on Virgin Gorda when we were on a sailing trip and my waterproof sunblock twinkied out.  I was really fried kinda all over and worried for the rest of my trip 'cos of the derm appointment I had the day after we got back.

She walked in…"Kim Jones, don't even tell me your are this sunburned."  I told her that it actually looked better than it did the day after it happened and she laughed.  And agreed that proximity to the equator was prolly a factor.  Also reflected light.  She gave me a catalog from Sunday Afternoons and said to get some of those rash guard shirts. ( I got some cute ones and some board shorts.)

I peeled and peeled.  Someone did tell me that they liked my 'tan'.

So my friend, it does happen and I am glad that you are living your dream with a great guy and a nameless boat.  That's all that matters.

Take good care, K.

PS We know that you are careful about sunscreen and covering up, right?  Just checkin'.

Janner
          Participant

Live and learn.  I'm sure it won't be the only time since you are planning to live on the boat.  Like all new things, it will take a bit of trial and error to figure out what works the best for you!  Happy sailing!

Janner

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics