The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Goodbye!

Forums General Melanoma Community Goodbye!

Inactive

Dear MPIP Community,

It is bittersweet that I let you know my last day with the MRF will be tomorrow, Friday, August 28.

I have accepted a position with ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer as the Vice President of Patient Programs and Education. I will be responsible for implementing and evolving ZERO’s programmatic strategy and will lead the operations and growth of ZERO’s patient programs. This opportunity will allow me to advance in my career while still helping to meet the needs of cancer patients.

As some of you know, I've been with the MRF since 2010. I've had the amazing opportunity meet so many people in the melanoma communtiy and can't tell you how much each of you and your stories mean to me. Being in this role has made me a better colleague, friend and person. I will always be a melanoma advocate and will never stop fighting for you and your families. I will miss you and hope that our paths will cross again.

If you need anything from the MRF team, my colleague, Lauren Johnston, will be taking over some of my responsibilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to her any time at [email protected]

All the best,

Shelby – MRF

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          10 years is long enough in a job; time for new challenges.
          Thanks for contributing to a site that helps so many people.
          I think you’ll find that those prostrate people aren’t nearly as charming and fun as the melanoma crowd 😉 so please drop in now and then.
          Bon vent.
          kentuckycat
          Participant
            Thank you Shelby for all that you have contributed to the MPIP community. You and this site have helped more people than you will ever know. Best of luck with the next step in your career. I am sure you will continue to have a positive impact on people.
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Gopher is right, of course!! BAHAHA! But, I know everyone appreciates all you have done to help with this forum and all the other roles you have played with MRF! Personally, I am glad to have met you and count you among my friends!!! I wish you my best in your new adventure. The folks at ZERO are lucky to have you! les
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics