The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good scans on Nivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Good scans on Nivo

Participant

I have had 2 months of Nivo and did scan last week. I got the results this week and no new mets and currents spots are almost gone!! Side affects have been very minimal so far and praying it stays that way.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        KellyH
        Participant

That’s great news!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!

My son has also just had 2 months of treatment on Nivo for adjuvant therapy for his stage 3a tumor.  He has had no side effects as of yet…knock on wood…4 treatments down..22 more to go!!!! 

It is hard for me to know if it’s working for him because he is not having treatment for existing tumors…it’s for that one cell that may be hiding somewhere just waiting to come back. So hearing people with more advanced disease having such great success at the same stage of treatment gives me hope that it is doing its thing and fighting off any remaining cancer cells!!!! 

Thank you for posting your wonderful news!!!!! Praying that you continue to have such positive results!!!!! 

Kelly 🙂 

iskitwo
            Participant

I was diagnosised in 10/2016 with 3A and not a lot of options other than yervoy or watch and scan. I was so glad to see Nivo appoved for stage 3 and so glad you son is on it. 

KellyH
              Participant

I agree!!! We are very lucky it was approved recently. From what I have read on this forum alone there is great success with Nivo!!!!! It gives me such hope!!!!!

so glad you are having success with it as well!!!! 

Kelly 🙂

Bubbles
              Participant

Wonderful!!!  You got this!!  celeste

AMcReader
                Participant

Such great news! Keep the good news coming; we always love to read it!

BrianP
                  Participant

Awesome news.  Congrats.

mrhudgens
                    Participant

Great news, and  congratulations!  Mind if I ask where your spots were and what stage you are?

iskitwo
                        Participant

I went form stage 3A to stage 4 in April and started Nivo in May. I had a small spot on the abdomin under the skin that tested positive for mel (mostly gone now after starting treatment) and then a 3mm in lung (not sure if mel but didn;t show up on this scan). I had the 9mm lung met resected in April that moved me to stage 4. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics