The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good Scans

Forums General Melanoma Community Good Scans

Participant

I was scheduled for scans last Friday, but I ended up having it done on Thursday at the ER.  I had a headache that started the Sunday before and had it all week.  Not a normal headache, but like a migrain.  I went to my family DR Wednedsay and she put me on Predisone and said it should help within 24 hours and if not go to the ER.  Well it didn't help so Thursday I went in.  They did an emergency CT scan of my brain and then the rest of my body.   They told me there was nothing that showed up on the scan at all anywhere.  What a relief.  Stil

I was scheduled for scans last Friday, but I ended up having it done on Thursday at the ER.  I had a headache that started the Sunday before and had it all week.  Not a normal headache, but like a migrain.  I went to my family DR Wednedsay and she put me on Predisone and said it should help within 24 hours and if not go to the ER.  Well it didn't help so Thursday I went in.  They did an emergency CT scan of my brain and then the rest of my body.   They told me there was nothing that showed up on the scan at all anywhere.  What a relief.  Still not sure why the headachs.  They gave me vicodin for the pain and motrin.  These have been helping of course.  I have not had a headache since last Saturday.  I have an appt with Onc this Friday.  Even though I got the results of the CT already I still wanted to keep the appointment because this is the doctor that will be scheduling my furture scans.  If all stays good I want to go back to work in the next couple months and maybe try to live a normal life once again if possible. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        natasha
        Participant

I had migrain sometimes as well and I think it can even be down to stress of diagnosys.

I had horrible headaches day before my first follow up appointment after I was diagnosed.Doc said it is sress.

Wish you all the best and good health for long long happy life !!!!!!!

natasha
          Participant

I had migrain sometimes as well and I think it can even be down to stress of diagnosys.

I had horrible headaches day before my first follow up appointment after I was diagnosed.Doc said it is sress.

natasha
            Participant

aldakota22
              Participant

Praying that you get to normalacy ASAP.All rooting for your contiued improvement.    Al

deardad
                  Participant

Happy to hear you had good scans Lauries.

Take care

Nahmi

deardad
                    Participant

I meant Laurie…

deardad
                      Participant

Sorry I even spelt your name wrong….not with it today.

deardad
                        Participant

deardad
                          Participant

deardad
                            Participant

I meant Laurie…

deardad
                              Participant

I meant Laurie…

deardad
                                Participant

Take care

Nahmi

deardad
                                  Participant

Take care

Nahmi

aldakota22
                                  Participant

Praying that you get to normalacy ASAP.All rooting for your contiued improvement.    Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics