The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good scan results!

Forums General Melanoma Community Good scan results!

Participant

Hi all,

I received the results of my PET/CT and brain MRIs from yesterday….other than something minor going on in my thyroid (small potatoes compared to mel), there were no signs of any metastases.  I never thought I would be so relieved to have surgery confirmed!

Hi all,

I received the results of my PET/CT and brain MRIs from yesterday….other than something minor going on in my thyroid (small potatoes compared to mel), there were no signs of any metastases.  I never thought I would be so relieved to have surgery confirmed!

The lymph node which signaled me to see the doctor swelled up pretty much overnight.  It was about 5 cm when an ultrasound was performed.  Because it was so large and had grown so quickly, I was concerned that may have been a bad sign.  I am so very thankful to have good results and hope others facing the early stages of this war will remember that sometimes it doesn't end up being the worst case scenario.

The next battle is to be fought on Friday when the doc removes the lymph nodes from my right groin.

Wishing all of us long futures of clear scans!!!

Jacki

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Donna M.
        Participant

GREAT news!!!!  Congrats!

Donna M.
          Participant

GREAT news!!!!  Congrats!

Lauri England
            Participant

Thats awsome.  Good luck with surgery.

Lauri England
              Participant

Thats awsome.  Good luck with surgery.

lhaley
                Participant

Great news!  Good luck tomorrow with the surgery!

When I went to stage IV in 06 the first PET scan discovered an enlarged thyroid.  Because I was going into a trial they did a biopsy. It was clear but found I have hashimoto's disease.  Since then it grew once (doubled in 3 months) and they did another biopsy, still clear and has now shrunk again. Now I do ultrasounds every 6 months unless it shows another growth spurt.  I think that many have found thyroid problems that were still a minor inconvenience when picked up on a PET scan. Just realize that mel can go to the thyroid so keep an eye on it. If your insurance covers it get an appointment with an endocronologist to keep the watchful eye.

Linda

jax2007gxp
                    Participant

Thanks, Linda.  You are always a wonderful source of great information.  I'm sorry you've had to go through it in order to be so knowledgeable, but your willingness to share is so much appreciated!!!  They did say the tests did not indicate the thyroid issue is mets, so I will pursue other possibilities once mel is at bay.  My mother was on synthroid starting in her early 50's, so I wouldn't be surprised if I am following suit.

Jacki

jax2007gxp
                      Participant

Thanks, Linda.  You are always a wonderful source of great information.  I'm sorry you've had to go through it in order to be so knowledgeable, but your willingness to share is so much appreciated!!!  They did say the tests did not indicate the thyroid issue is mets, so I will pursue other possibilities once mel is at bay.  My mother was on synthroid starting in her early 50's, so I wouldn't be surprised if I am following suit.

Jacki

lhaley
                      Participant

Great news!  Good luck tomorrow with the surgery!

When I went to stage IV in 06 the first PET scan discovered an enlarged thyroid.  Because I was going into a trial they did a biopsy. It was clear but found I have hashimoto's disease.  Since then it grew once (doubled in 3 months) and they did another biopsy, still clear and has now shrunk again. Now I do ultrasounds every 6 months unless it shows another growth spurt.  I think that many have found thyroid problems that were still a minor inconvenience when picked up on a PET scan. Just realize that mel can go to the thyroid so keep an eye on it. If your insurance covers it get an appointment with an endocronologist to keep the watchful eye.

Linda

killmel
                        Participant

Jacki,

Such good news …does that mean the doc does not have to take the "deep" nodes out.??

Best of luck with the surgery

Dave

jax2007gxp
                            Participant

Hi Dave,

I was so excited by the news, I forgot to ask!  I guess I will find out tomorrow.  Either way, I'm just happy with the latest results.  🙂

Jacki

jax2007gxp
                              Participant

Hi Dave,

I was so excited by the news, I forgot to ask!  I guess I will find out tomorrow.  Either way, I'm just happy with the latest results.  🙂

Jacki

killmel
                              Participant

Jacki,

Such good news …does that mean the doc does not have to take the "deep" nodes out.??

Best of luck with the surgery

Dave

Viewing 7 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics