The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

good results from intralesional therapy + pembro

Forums General Melanoma Community good results from intralesional therapy + pembro

Participant
      Melanoma Peeps! Just received good scan results after 8 cycles (started in January) of intralesional injections + Pembro. Two of the four head and neck tumors have been injected with IL-12 and tavokinogene telseplasmid (?) and received electroporation every 6 weeks, and I’ve had Pembro infusions every three weeks. The target and by-stander lesions on my scalp, both palpable, are gone. Here’s the scan report for the target lesion and bystander lesions on my neck, both decreasing:
      – Right level 5A node: 0.9 cm in short axis (series 502, image 129), previously 1.1 cm. Current SUV max 9.29, previously 12.8.
      – Right level 2B/3 node: 4 mm (series 502, image 152), previously 9 mm. Current SUV max 5.3, previously 9.3.

Trial info: https://immuno-oncologynews.com/2018/11/30/tavo-reverses-resistance-pd-1-inhibitors-metastatic-melanoma-phase-2b-trial/
      I’m cautiously optimistic. Hoping this post can help someone else.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant
          Great news! Thanks for posting.
            lkb
            Participant
              Thanks, Brian!
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Ikb!!! Thats such AWESOME NEWS! im right behind ya “hopefilly” with treatments like that, PV10, IL12, TVEC bring it! You read my latest posts im trying to ditch Kaiser and see Dr Hamid at The Angeles Clinical…clinical trials what ever! But intralesional weapons are a God send!! “TIL” even!…im so happy for you, gives me Hope!!! Love ya ikb…
                lkb
                Participant
                  Thanks, MM!!!
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Wonderful news!!! That is fabulous!! celeste
                    lkb
                    Participant
                      Thanks, Celeste. I know you’ve been writing about intralesionals in combo with anti-PD1. Having read about this on your blog, I asked specifically about that treatment option.
                    sister of patient
                    Participant
                      Love it!!! Great job – kicking mel’s ass to the curb – go, go, go!!!!!
                        lkb
                        Participant
                          Grazie! Appreciate the encouragement.
                        MarkR
                        Participant
                          Great news – congratulations!!
                            lkb
                            Participant
                              Thanks, Mark. I remain inspired by your suicide-reduction project and hope it’s continuing to go well.
                            jbronicki
                            Participant
                              Wonderful! Just read this as we just got back from vacation for last week. This is the type of updates we love to hear, congrats!
                                lkb
                                Participant
                                  Thanks, Jackie! Hope you had a great vacation.
                                Mark_DC
                                Participant
                                  Hi lkb,

Am glad for you and your good news. I took pembro + TVEC for one year, after pembro alone failed to achieve any reduction. After growing while on treatment (it reached about 3.5cm on ultrasound, less than this on the MRI) after about six weeks the tumour stopped growing and started to shrink. I could see the (nervewrackingly slow) progress every two weeks on ultrasound. After one year it shrank to 1.5cm but with width of only 0.2cm so was very hard to detect. Five months ago, I was NED; then two months ago it came back but at 0.2cm and it could be scar tissue.

I asked my oncologist about the results. I was the first in my hospital to try this treatment and wondered if it was a miracle cure, it seemed so good. They tried it on others with a (much?) greater tumour burden and for them it was not successful.

I think intralesional combined with pembro is a great approach. I am a little scared because I never quite make it to NED and life hangs on a thread and I dont want to jinx anything, but I think its a great approach and would encourage others to try it, especially if light tumour burden. my doctors were surprised insurance approved this combo (even though it makes a lot of sense i dont think its standard of care) and when insurance did approve they had to kind of scramble to deliver it (i had to change hospital and doctor). texmelanomex has done will with rose bengal plus pembro, so it would be good to get more data points to see how good this is. in my case it was a big deal because i had been on pembro on and off for more than one year with stable disease / slight progression, so adding tvec made a big difference. still I dont want to jinx it.

good luck Mark

lkb
                                    Participant
                                      Thanks for responding so thoughtfully. If you have recurrence in the same place, could you restart the TVEC + Pembro therapy?
                                Viewing 6 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics