The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good News PD-1

Forums General Melanoma Community Good News PD-1

Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share our good news and give others hope. My husband Craig started the Merck PD1 trial in Oct 2013 after prolonged success on the BRAF inhibitor trial. The one lymph node in his abdominal region flared up again, so he had to stop the BRAF trial. He had his first set of scans last week since starting the PD1 trial, and the results today were excellent. He had an 80% reduction in the size of his tumour. Although his tumour wasnt very big to begin with, the results are so encouraging, and it is such a relief that he is responding. This drug seems to be doing wonderful things, I hope everyone can have similar positive results.

We are a couple of relieved Aussies tonight.

Good luck to everyone fighting

Lisa

x

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Brendan
        Participant

Great news, Lisa.  Thanks for sharing.  I fly to Florida on Friday for my second PD1 infusion.  Hopefully my wife and I will be celbrating soon as well.

Brendan

Maureen038
            Participant

That's such wonderful news Lisa!! Congratulations!

Maureen038
              Participant

Maureen038
                Participant

Lisa – Aust
                  Participant

Thanks Brendan, I have everything crossed for you!

All the best

Lisa – Aust
                    Participant

All the best

Lisa – Aust
                      Participant

All the best

Brendan
                      Participant

Great news, Lisa.  Thanks for sharing.  I fly to Florida on Friday for my second PD1 infusion.  Hopefully my wife and I will be celbrating soon as well.

Brendan

Brendan
                        Participant

Brendan

Globetrotter
                          Participant

thanks for sharing this fantastic news with us, Lisa …  hope the anti-pd1 medication will keep doing wonderful things for Craig!!

Globetrotter
                            Participant

thanks for sharing this fantastic news with us, Lisa …  hope the anti-pd1 medication will keep doing wonderful things for Craig!!

sofistef
                                Participant
                                  It’s so good to see all these responses to pd1 treatment, this gives us hope.thanks for sharing.

Dana

sofistef
                                  Participant
                                    It’s so good to see all these responses to pd1 treatment, this gives us hope.thanks for sharing.

Dana

sofistef
                                    Participant

Dana

Lisa – Aust
                                      Participant

Thanks so much πŸ™‚

x

Lisa – Aust
                                        Participant

Thanks so much πŸ™‚

x

Lisa – Aust
                                          Participant

Thanks so much πŸ™‚

x

Lisa – Aust
                                            Participant

Thanks!

Lisa – Aust
                                              Participant

Thanks!

Lisa – Aust
                                                Participant

Thanks!

Globetrotter
                                                Participant

benp
                                                  Participant

Happy to hear that Lisa – I know how hard it is to get on MK3475 in Australia – fortunately I'm part of a trial at Westmead (Sydney). Just had 24 week scans, all looking relatively good!

Ben.

benp
                                                    Participant

Happy to hear that Lisa – I know how hard it is to get on MK3475 in Australia – fortunately I'm part of a trial at Westmead (Sydney). Just had 24 week scans, all looking relatively good!

Ben.

benp
                                                      Participant

Ben.

Lisa – Aust
                                                          Participant

Hi Ben,

So great to hear your news. How are you tolerating the drug? Yep, Craig has been extraordinarily lucky on many fronts. We are over in Perth and he was first in WA on the B-RAF trial, and he was also first in WA on the PD-1 trial! We had to wait about 9 weeksfor it to start, which was a bit of a tense wait, but absolutely worth it. He has timed things pretty well!

Hopefully many can have access to this drug sooner than later.

Good luck 

Lisa – Aust
                                                            Participant

Hi Ben,

So great to hear your news. How are you tolerating the drug? Yep, Craig has been extraordinarily lucky on many fronts. We are over in Perth and he was first in WA on the B-RAF trial, and he was also first in WA on the PD-1 trial! We had to wait about 9 weeksfor it to start, which was a bit of a tense wait, but absolutely worth it. He has timed things pretty well!

Good luck 

deardad
                                                              Participant

Lisa thats wonderful news…so happy to hear that things are going well for Craig.

BENP great to hear that the trial is working for you too.

Always in my thoughts.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                Participant

Lisa thats wonderful news…so happy to hear that things are going well for Craig.

Always in my thoughts.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Lisa – Aust
                                                                  Participant

Thanks Nahmi – I hope you are going ok x

Lisa – Aust
                                                                    Participant

Lisa – Aust
                                                                      Participant

deardad
                                                                        Participant

Always in my thoughts.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Lisa – Aust
                                                                          Participant

Hi Ben,

Good luck 

Tina D
                                                                          Participant

WOW!! 80% is awesome! Congratulations on this wonderful response πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing, too… a little encouragement is always nice right before scans πŸ™‚

Heading for third PD1 scans this weekend…

Tina

Tina D
                                                                            Participant

Thanks for sharing, too… a little encouragement is always nice right before scans πŸ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                                              Participant

Tina

UrsulaZ
                                                                                  Participant

Lisa, that's amazing. Congratuations to both of you!!!!

Is he tolerating it without too many side effects? 

-Ursula

UrsulaZ
                                                                                    Participant

-Ursula

UrsulaZ
                                                                                      Participant

-Ursula

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                        Participant

Hi Ursula,

Thanks, it was a lovely result to get after the extreme anxiety we had going into the scan! This was probably the worst we have felt.

Yes, he is tolerating it very well. He is quite a 'stoic' type of guy when it comes to how he feels physically. He is either 'fine' or really sick – no middle ground! So often he will say he's ok, but I can see he is more tired than usual and will need to have a nap. But for the most part its life as usual in terms of work, uni, exercise etc. He did have a reaction to the 2nd or 3rd infusion – had the rigors immediately after. But we both had a stomach bug the day before and were pretty ill – so I think that contributed. They give him some pre-meds now to prevent that happening again.

I see from your latest blog post that you continue to have a good response too! That is just fantastic. Its nice to have some breathing room hey.

Are you experiencing many side effects?

Lisa x

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Ursula,

Thanks, it was a lovely result to get after the extreme anxiety we had going into the scan! This was probably the worst we have felt.

Yes, he is tolerating it very well. He is quite a 'stoic' type of guy when it comes to how he feels physically. He is either 'fine' or really sick – no middle ground! So often he will say he's ok, but I can see he is more tired than usual and will need to have a nap. But for the most part its life as usual in terms of work, uni, exercise etc. He did have a reaction to the 2nd or 3rd infusion – had the rigors immediately after. But we both had a stomach bug the day before and were pretty ill – so I think that contributed. They give him some pre-meds now to prevent that happening again.

I see from your latest blog post that you continue to have a good response too! That is just fantastic. Its nice to have some breathing room hey.

Lisa x

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                            Participant

Hi Ursula,

Lisa x

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                              Participant

Hi Tina,

Thanks – I know what you mean. The night before the results I was trawling the net for positive stories to calm myself. Hope this news helps a few.

All the best for your scan – I will be thinking of you.

Let us know how you go

x

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                Participant

THANK YOU to everyone for your kind replies. I have tried to thank each of you, but it doesnt seem to be flowing right!

Cheers 

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                  Participant

THANK YOU to everyone for your kind replies. I have tried to thank each of you, but it doesnt seem to be flowing right!

Cheers 

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                    Participant

Cheers 

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Tina,

Thanks – I know what you mean. The night before the results I was trawling the net for positive stories to calm myself. Hope this news helps a few.

Let us know how you go

x

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Tina,

Let us know how you go

x

Jahendry12
                                                                                                        Participant

Awesome News Lisa!!!!  So so happy for you and your husband. Please keep us posted. 

Jahendry12
                                                                                                          Participant

Awesome News Lisa!!!!  So so happy for you and your husband. Please keep us posted. 

Jahendry12
                                                                                                            Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics