The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good news! First CT on MEK and PI3K inhibitor trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Good news! First CT on MEK and PI3K inhibitor trial

Participant
      I got good news recently and wanted to share for those who might be interested. I am on the trial at Mass Gen in Boston that combines MEK162 and BKM120. I had my first CT scan last week and after less than two months on the drugs I have 16% shrinkage!! All tumors have responded. This is the first treatment in over two years that as been able to shrink my stubborn adrenal gland tumor. I am very excited and encouraged by the results, but really don’t know what to expect long term. Hopefully more shrinkage! Now I have a brain MRI tomorrow and hope that things are going to be okay there.

I got good news recently and wanted to share for those who might be interested. I am on the trial at Mass Gen in Boston that combines MEK162 and BKM120. I had my first CT scan last week and after less than two months on the drugs I have 16% shrinkage!! All tumors have responded. This is the first treatment in over two years that as been able to shrink my stubborn adrenal gland tumor. I am very excited and encouraged by the results, but really don’t know what to expect long term. Hopefully more shrinkage! Now I have a brain MRI tomorrow and hope that things are going to be okay there. It’s my follow up scan to the SRS I had in October.

Just wanted to share the good news!

~Angela

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Wow, Angela! That's great news! Keep up the good work! 

POW
          Participant

POW
            Participant

aldakota22
              Participant

Great news.So very happy that you are on the right treatment finally.Prayers that it full success continues.Always love the good posts.You deserve it .Keep that PMA .you will Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                Participant

Great news.So very happy that you are on the right treatment finally.Prayers that it full success continues.Always love the good posts.You deserve it .Keep that PMA .you will Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

TSchulz
                    Participant

So great to hear your good news.  I can't tell you how happy I am for you!  

Best wishes for further shrinkage! Troy

TSchulz
                      Participant

TSchulz
                        Participant

Phil S
                          Participant
                            Angela, We are thrilled for you, great news!! You have fought so hard, it’s wonderful to hear something is working! Keep positive and stay strong, you are a true warrior! God bless, Valerie and Phil
                            Phil S
                            Participant
                              Angela, We are thrilled for you, great news!! You have fought so hard, it’s wonderful to hear something is working! Keep positive and stay strong, you are a true warrior! God bless, Valerie and Phil
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                Swanee
                                Participant

Angela,

Thanks for sharing your good news with us, you've been on my mind so much  and I've been hoping you're doing well and finding good results with your treatment.  Thanks for posting and wishing you much more continued success with this treatment.  

Swanee 

Swanee
                                  Participant

Angela,

Thanks for sharing your good news with us, you've been on my mind so much  and I've been hoping you're doing well and finding good results with your treatment.  Thanks for posting and wishing you much more continued success with this treatment.  

Swanee 

Swanee
                                    Participant

Angela,

Swanee 

Tina D
                                      Participant

Great news… and I am glad you took time to share it! We just do need to hear from each other & I love reading about people getting good results from treatments ๐Ÿ™‚   . Sure looks like you have been through a tough road & I am glad things are looking up.

Thank you for sharing your good news!

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

Great news… and I am glad you took time to share it! We just do need to hear from each other & I love reading about people getting good results from treatments ๐Ÿ™‚   . Sure looks like you have been through a tough road & I am glad things are looking up.

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

JoshF
                                            Participant

Angela-

That is great news!!!! I wish you continued success with your treatment!!!

JoshF
                                              Participant

Angela-

JoshF
                                                Participant

Angela-

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics