The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good news and farewell from Mayo in Rochester, MN

Forums General Melanoma Community Good news and farewell from Mayo in Rochester, MN

Participant

Well had my 5 year appt since being stage 3b in 2013. After a tense day of waiting for PET (had to get poked 5 times for them to get a vein) and blood test results-Dr  Markovic came in and gave me my 5 year coin and congratulated me for being 5 years NED and no more need for appointments. It was awesome-brought me to tears-had my 6 year old with me and when I came out of the appt room the staff was lined up and gave me a standing ovation as I walked out. My daughter was so excited -she thought it was because of my birthday. Thanks to all of you on this forum. I valued all of the information you provided-it was great to have a crew to bounce ideas off of. I truly believe that having this community was just as important as having a great melanoma medical team. Thanks again-I will check in from time to time. It is good to have some winning on here!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

This is just sooo great to hear!!!! Congratulations and may it be forever!! Best wishes always!

Barb

CancerSpouse
          Participant

Hurray! So happy for you! ~ Carol

TexMelanomex
            Participant

Well done Warrior, well done!!! I LOVE posts like yours…inspirational and strengthens my will to fight on! Congratulations!!

DZnDef
              Participant

Excellent news!  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.  It really does lift the spirits of those of us still in the trenches.  I have been stage four for five and a half years but still have more fighting ahead of me with active disease.  Keep well, and consider posting an annual update.

Cheers!

Maggie

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics