The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good CT scan!

Forums General Melanoma Community Good CT scan!

Participant

On Thursday, I had a CT scan before my usual doctor appointment and Nivo treatment. The doctor said a preliminary look shows I am down to two tumors… One in my lung, and one in a lymph node in the mesentery bowel. Both tumors have shrunk approximately 50%! in a few days I should have the final report with actual measurements and tumor count, but what I heard in the office was incredibly encouraging news!!! 

I then went for my treatment. They give me a bag of Benadryl first, since I broke out in hives during my second treatment. Halfway through the Nivo, I woke up and vomited, had a fever and erratic heartbeat. I didn't really realize what was going on because I was so out of it. The fever and nausea persisted through Friday. Now I am just dealing with the usual GI issues. The nurse called me the next day and said they think the reaction was due to the funky cocktail mix of CT contrast, Benadryl, and Nivo on a fairly empty stomach. She said they are also considering reducing the Benadryl dosage, which would please me! I hate sleeping through all of this and then feeling groggy for hours…

I'm still on cloud 9 though! I feel like I won the lottery!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant

That's awesome news Eileen! Sorry about your unpleasant infusion experience, but the tumor shrinkage is fantastic. And you did win the lottery! No amount of money can equal making progress against this disease!

Very happy for you – Paul.

_Paul_
          Participant

That's awesome news Eileen! Sorry about your unpleasant infusion experience, but the tumor shrinkage is fantastic. And you did win the lottery! No amount of money can equal making progress against this disease!

_Paul_
            Participant

arthurjedi007
              Participant

That is wonderful it is working so well. 

Artie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

BrianP
                    Participant

Congrats Eilleen. Hopefully they'll get your pre-infusion cocktail balanced out. Also wouldn't be surprised if your body starts to get more accustomed to the infusion. Let's hope so. 

Eileensulliv
                        Participant

Thank you, Brian! They did say they are going to try without the Benadryl again, thinking that maybe my body is used to Nivo now and won't break out in hives. But they did say they are going to keep a bag of Benadryl handy and ready to go, just in case!  I am very blessed.

Eileensulliv
                          Participant

Thank you, Brian! They did say they are going to try without the Benadryl again, thinking that maybe my body is used to Nivo now and won't break out in hives. But they did say they are going to keep a bag of Benadryl handy and ready to go, just in case!  I am very blessed.

Eileensulliv
                            Participant

BrianP
                            Participant

Congrats Eilleen. Hopefully they'll get your pre-infusion cocktail balanced out. Also wouldn't be surprised if your body starts to get more accustomed to the infusion. Let's hope so. 

BrianP
                              Participant

jbronicki
                                Participant

That's wonderful news!  Wishing you much more good news.

jbronicki
                                  Participant

jbronicki
                                    Participant

DZnDef
                                      Participant

Congratulations on your amazing progress!  Wishing you more of the same next time!

Maggie

DZnDef
                                        Participant

Congratulations on your amazing progress!  Wishing you more of the same next time!

Maggie

DZnDef
                                          Participant

Maggie

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics