The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Going to my local doctor for some relief

Forums General Melanoma Community Going to my local doctor for some relief

Participant

I can not wait until the beginning of July to see my oncologist for this nagging cough and shortness of breath so I made an appointment with my GP he has all my records from Madison. Hope he can help me with this coughing and to top things off I am having terrible panic attacks. We leave on Friday for WIsconsin for our son's wedding and that is a 6 hour ride, hubby said he will put the seat down in our van so I can lay down since that is the most comfortable I feel, this just sucks I have so much to do to get ready and all I am doing is resting. JUst needed to vent some!

I can not wait until the beginning of July to see my oncologist for this nagging cough and shortness of breath so I made an appointment with my GP he has all my records from Madison. Hope he can help me with this coughing and to top things off I am having terrible panic attacks. We leave on Friday for WIsconsin for our son's wedding and that is a 6 hour ride, hubby said he will put the seat down in our van so I can lay down since that is the most comfortable I feel, this just sucks I have so much to do to get ready and all I am doing is resting. JUst needed to vent some!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Now that you vented go  get ready for trip to sons wedding on Friday.Celebrate one of the most happiest days a parent has.Prayers go out to you.    Al

Laurie from maine
            Participant

I was wondering how you were.  I hope that your doctor helped you out.  I was going to suggest maybe an inhaler to help you short term.  Have a wonderful time at the wedding.

Take care

laurie from maine

yoopergirl
              Participant

He took an xray and it shows the fluid is half way up my lung and I also have a sinus infection, he put me on the talleson perls for the cough, zpack and predisone for the sinus infection. My oncologist from Madison has ordered the fluid to be drained on the 27th in Madison. So will leave on Friday for our son's wedding and I will just take it easy, if I feel the need to go back to the motel to rest then I will. 

yoopergirl
                Participant

He took an xray and it shows the fluid is half way up my lung and I also have a sinus infection, he put me on the talleson perls for the cough, zpack and predisone for the sinus infection. My oncologist from Madison has ordered the fluid to be drained on the 27th in Madison. So will leave on Friday for our son's wedding and I will just take it easy, if I feel the need to go back to the motel to rest then I will. 

yoopergirl
                  Participant

Laurie from maine
                    Participant

I was wondering how you were.  I hope that your doctor helped you out.  I was going to suggest maybe an inhaler to help you short term.  Have a wonderful time at the wedding.

Take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                      Participant

Take care

laurie from maine

aldakota22
                      Participant

Now that you vented go  get ready for trip to sons wedding on Friday.Celebrate one of the most happiest days a parent has.Prayers go out to you.    Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

ALM
                          Participant

So sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you – take it easy and enjoy the love and support from your family.

Sending you lots of healing thoughts and gentle hugs.

Laura

Laurie from maine
                              Participant

Hi

Good for you for going to your local doctor.  Wow no wonder you are having a hard time with all that fluid.  I am glad they can give you something for sinus infection and cough.  I hope you can enjoy the wonderful occassion of your sons wedding, we all seem to be able to pull up the strength when we need it for the good times ๐Ÿ™‚ enjoy!  Glad you have appt lined up to get that fluid drain when you get back.

keep  us posted

larurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                Participant

Hi

Good for you for going to your local doctor.  Wow no wonder you are having a hard time with all that fluid.  I am glad they can give you something for sinus infection and cough.  I hope you can enjoy the wonderful occassion of your sons wedding, we all seem to be able to pull up the strength when we need it for the good times ๐Ÿ™‚ enjoy!  Glad you have appt lined up to get that fluid drain when you get back.

keep  us posted

larurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                  Participant

Hi

keep  us posted

larurie from maine

ALM
                                  Participant

So sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you – take it easy and enjoy the love and support from your family.

Laura

ALM
                                    Participant

Laura

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics