The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Going to Anti pd 1 Merck

Forums General Melanoma Community Going to Anti pd 1 Merck

Participant

Hello everyone.

The Gsk Mek trial Brent has been on for 33 months seems to letting the melanoma grow.  Very slowly and now he has bone leisions in his ribs near where the largest tumor is in his lung.,  The growth was not enough to removed him from the trial at MD Anderson but we were both concerened because the pain is unbearable without heavy pain medication.l

Hello everyone.

The Gsk Mek trial Brent has been on for 33 months seems to letting the melanoma grow.  Very slowly and now he has bone leisions in his ribs near where the largest tumor is in his lung.,  The growth was not enough to removed him from the trial at MD Anderson but we were both concerened because the pain is unbearable without heavy pain medication.l

We live in Tampa and went to see Dr. Weber for an consult about the pain.  Brent was thinking radiation.  Dr. Weber suggested he try Anti pd ! and he has passed all the test and is to start Nov. 11th.  It is the Merck trial and how we got in is a miracle story in itself.

I am needing some support from anyone in the area that can email me with what to expect. 

I read this forum daily and I feel at peace here and understood.,

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        melissa ann
        Participant

Good Morning Sharon, I am happy to hear your news.  I have been thinking about the two of you a lot lately.  Are the Merck anti-pd1 infusions every two weeks as well?  Peck had few side effects on the BMS trial, fatigue being the worst, and shingles popped up as well.  Please now that we think of you guys each day and hope and pray for healing and pain free days.  Are they dooing anything to help with the pain?  Hope the 11th goes smoothly, with no bumps in the road.  Peace to both of you….Melissa

killmel
            Participant

Melissa,

Happy to see your post. How is Peck doing??? Is he still on PD1 trial or getting a different treatment. I hope that he is well. Please give us an update.

Sharmon…I hope that this treatment is the answer to your prayers & Brent goes into remission.

God Bless you all.

MaryBeth

sharmon
              Participant
                The infusions start on the 13th and i think they are every three weeks.
                sharmon
                Participant
                  sharmon
                  Participant
                    killmel
                    Participant

Melissa,

Happy to see your post. How is Peck doing??? Is he still on PD1 trial or getting a different treatment. I hope that he is well. Please give us an update.

Sharmon…I hope that this treatment is the answer to your prayers & Brent goes into remission.

God Bless you all.

MaryBeth

killmel
                      Participant

Melissa,

God Bless you all.

MaryBeth

melissa ann
                      Participant

Good Morning Sharon, I am happy to hear your news.  I have been thinking about the two of you a lot lately.  Are the Merck anti-pd1 infusions every two weeks as well?  Peck had few side effects on the BMS trial, fatigue being the worst, and shingles popped up as well.  Please now that we think of you guys each day and hope and pray for healing and pain free days.  Are they dooing anything to help with the pain?  Hope the 11th goes smoothly, with no bumps in the road.  Peace to both of you….Melissa

melissa ann
                        Participant

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Glad dhe got into the PD-1 trial.  Pulling for great results.  Will be interesting to she what results the follow on from MEK thru PD-1 does.  Would expect good results.

Snickers60
                              Participant

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED on your PROGRESS – EXPERIENCE – SIDE AFFECTS  with ANTI pd1 – ?????   

Thanks you and God's best blessing for healing, 

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne) 

Snickers60
                                Participant

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED on your PROGRESS – EXPERIENCE – SIDE AFFECTS  with ANTI pd1 – ?????   

Snickers60
                                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Glad dhe got into the PD-1 trial.  Pulling for great results.  Will be interesting to she what results the follow on from MEK thru PD-1 does.  Would expect good results.

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics