The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Going in for scans next week

Forums General Melanoma Community Going in for scans next week

Participant

My husband is going in for scans next week, does the anxiety ever stop? Praying for NED to continue. It will be 2 years since his last surgery. 4 years with all of this so we consider ourselves lucky.

We would like to continue with the bear attack story for now 🙂 when it comes to our 5 and 7 year old. We can always tell the real story when we are old and gray.

Rebecca

My husband is going in for scans next week, does the anxiety ever stop? Praying for NED to continue. It will be 2 years since his last surgery. 4 years with all of this so we consider ourselves lucky.

We would like to continue with the bear attack story for now 🙂 when it comes to our 5 and 7 year old. We can always tell the real story when we are old and gray.

Rebecca

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant

I don't think the scanxiety ever ends, no matter how many years out from cancer you are.  We all experience it and it doesn't seem to get any easier. 

I have lung mets and get my scans in 2 weeks to see how dacarbazine has been doing.  Even though this is my first line of treatment, I hope the chemo will be successful as IL-2 has been for your husband.  He could be very lucky and be NED for many years.

I hope and pray that you two grow old together with melanoma in your rear view mirror.

Lisa

Lisa13
          Participant

I don't think the scanxiety ever ends, no matter how many years out from cancer you are.  We all experience it and it doesn't seem to get any easier. 

I have lung mets and get my scans in 2 weeks to see how dacarbazine has been doing.  Even though this is my first line of treatment, I hope the chemo will be successful as IL-2 has been for your husband.  He could be very lucky and be NED for many years.

I hope and pray that you two grow old together with melanoma in your rear view mirror.

Lisa

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Praying with all of you for continued ned and that you get to tell the grandbabies the bear story! (Karen's put grandbabies on my brain!)

Lord, in Your mercy, please God make it so! Thank You! Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Praying with all of you for continued ned and that you get to tell the grandbabies the bear story! (Karen's put grandbabies on my brain!)

Lord, in Your mercy, please God make it so! Thank You! Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

lhaley
                Participant

Unfortunately I don't think the anxiety ever gets better…..   at least not for me.  I'm at my worst after the scan is finished and waiting for the report. Once I know that someone has seen the scan my nerves fray.  I had one oncologist earlier in this journey that told me that she could feel the floor shaking when I was waiting for results as she approached the room.  I sit there with my legs just a bouncing.

Good luck this week, hugs and prayers are sent your way as scans are done and the results. We surely don't want any more bear scars!! 

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Unfortunately I don't think the anxiety ever gets better…..   at least not for me.  I'm at my worst after the scan is finished and waiting for the report. Once I know that someone has seen the scan my nerves fray.  I had one oncologist earlier in this journey that told me that she could feel the floor shaking when I was waiting for results as she approached the room.  I sit there with my legs just a bouncing.

Good luck this week, hugs and prayers are sent your way as scans are done and the results. We surely don't want any more bear scars!! 

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics