The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

going home tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community going home tomorrow

Participant

I am so greatful for all that has happened. The tumor ended up being deeper and while shrinking the Dr agrees that this was the perfect time to get it out now. .  There is still edema and will take time but will improve.   He was able to remove the tumor!!!!

I am so greatful for all that has happened. The tumor ended up being deeper and while shrinking the Dr agrees that this was the perfect time to get it out now. .  There is still edema and will take time but will improve.   He was able to remove the tumor!!!!

I get to come home tomorrow!  It will take time. They steroids are still high but have taken it down some. They also are antiseizure.   I'm already off of pain pills!  It does sound like a little more radiation will finish it off. I guess that's discussed in a few weeks.  I've been put in a trial for the dura liner so I get a little closer attention which is fine.

I probably won't be online much, Just vegging out. 

Linda

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Linda,

Very happy for you!!  You deserve the best results.  Now that you have relief, watch out for the steroid withdrawal symptoms,-they will happen anyway-just be aware.  You have nowhere to look but up for quite a while now.

God Bless

John

p.s. don't be a stranger.

Erinmay22
            Participant

So happy to hear that things went so well!  Thoughts and prayers for you to continued success and healing!  

Erin

Erinmay22
              Participant

So happy to hear that things went so well!  Thoughts and prayers for you to continued success and healing!  

Erin

Erinmay22
                Participant

Erin

jag
                Participant

Linda,

Very happy for you!!  You deserve the best results.  Now that you have relief, watch out for the steroid withdrawal symptoms,-they will happen anyway-just be aware.  You have nowhere to look but up for quite a while now.

God Bless

John

jag
                  Participant

Linda,

God Bless

John

triciad
                    Participant

Linda,

I am so happy to hear this news!  It's now time for the 3 R's…rest…recover…relax!  I look forward to hearing about great results from you.  You remain in my prayers!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Linda,

I am so happy to hear this news!  It's now time for the 3 R's…rest…recover…relax!  I look forward to hearing about great results from you.  You remain in my prayers!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Linda,

Tricia

gabsound
                          Participant
                            I’m happy to see you posting after surgery! I’m hoping the very best for you that they got all the tumor, that you don’t get much edema and that your time on steroids is short.

Rest and when you’re up to it we will see you back:)

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                            Participant
                              I’m happy to see you posting after surgery! I’m hoping the very best for you that they got all the tumor, that you don’t get much edema and that your time on steroids is short.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                              Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

Rebecca and Bob
                                Participant

Linda,

Great news, hope you heal quickly.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                  Participant

Linda,

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                    Participant

Linda,

Rebecca

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics