The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Game On!! treatment 1 done!

Forums General Melanoma Community Game On!! treatment 1 done!

Participant

Well the fight is on!! Thanks to all those that post and answer so many questions for all of us. This is a crazy scary journey we are on. I am a mother of 2 little ones and reading stories of you all continuing to work and raise your babies are very inspiring and give me so much hope! I started Nivo treatments twice a month (insurance wouldn't approve the once a month) Praying for great results!! 

Missy

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        KellyH
        Participant

Good luck to you Missy!!! My 17 year old sonwill be starting Opdivo as well in the next couple weeks!!!  Please keep posting your progress!!!! There is strength in numbers!!! I truly believe that!!!! I am terrified of this whole process as well but I have found a lot of comfort from people on this site!!!! It was my best decision to join!!!!  It helps to know someone is a post away when you are having a bad moment!!! I wish you nothing but success in your journey!!! Kelly 🙂

iskitwo
            Participant

Keeping a positive attitude is what we do…..as warriors and as mothers! Thankfully we are living in a day when we have treatments that  can make a difference. Best wishes on this journey! Lots of great knowledgeable people on this board!!

Coragirl
            Participant

Missy, you have got this! Thinking of you and sending positive energy your way. Hope you are feeling good today.

iskitwo
                Participant

Thank you!

Hi Missy,

I have two girls, almost 7 and just turned 12.  This journey is scary and crazy but you can do this.  I'm almost on the other side (at least it seems that way for now).  I'm back to work full time and have even started going back to the gym.  Try not to worry yourself sick.  Easy to say and certainly hard to do.  

Good wishes to you and yours.

Jennifer

iskitwo
                  Participant

This certainly teaches you to cherish every moment that you have. So glad to hear that treatment is going well and you can see the other side…..maybe a side with just a few less doctor appts and lots of clear scans!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics