The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Funny Movies

Forums General Melanoma Community Funny Movies

Participant

Some guy on this forum has the quote "Never give up, never surrender – Galaxy Quest" under his name. 

This made me remember that I had seen that movie some years back with my son and how funny and stupid it was. So I watched it on New Year's Eve and laughed so hard my stomach hurt. ( I was a Star Trek fan in my teens.)

Some guy on this forum has the quote "Never give up, never surrender – Galaxy Quest" under his name. 

This made me remember that I had seen that movie some years back with my son and how funny and stupid it was. So I watched it on New Year's Eve and laughed so hard my stomach hurt. ( I was a Star Trek fan in my teens.)

Proverbs says "a good laugh is as good as medicine" (my paraphrase). I do try to laugh real hard at least once each day, sometimes because of an e-mail, sometimes because of my 2 year old grandson and sometimes from a movie or something like that.

What are some of your funniest, dumbest, most gut-splitting movies? What would make us laugh? Want to share?

Three of my favorites:  "War of the Roses", "What about Bob?"  "3 Ninjas"    (you can see I like the oldies)

Nicki, Stage 3b and expecting to stay there, thank you.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

I do love "What about Bob?". 

Another oldie that cracks me up is "La Cage aux Folles" – the original one.

LV
          Participant

I do love "What about Bob?". 

Another oldie that cracks me up is "La Cage aux Folles" – the original one.

KatyWI
            Participant

It was "cheesy '80s night" at home courtesy of Netflix last night…How about "Harry and the Hendersons" or "K-9"?  Honestly the funniest part about "Harry and the Hendersons" is remembering being a kid in the movie theater with my dad–he'd anticipate the gags and start laughing before they even happened.

KatyWI
              Participant

It was "cheesy '80s night" at home courtesy of Netflix last night…How about "Harry and the Hendersons" or "K-9"?  Honestly the funniest part about "Harry and the Hendersons" is remembering being a kid in the movie theater with my dad–he'd anticipate the gags and start laughing before they even happened.

KellieSue
                Participant

I like goofy, stupid movies. I loved Anchorman and The Ballad of Ricky Bobby with Will Ferrell. Can't forget the oldies like Blazing Saddles and Airplane.

Kellie(from Iowa), Stage IV since June 2008

KellieSue
                  Participant

I like goofy, stupid movies. I loved Anchorman and The Ballad of Ricky Bobby with Will Ferrell. Can't forget the oldies like Blazing Saddles and Airplane.

Kellie(from Iowa), Stage IV since June 2008

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics