The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Full Body Rash on Dabrafenib anad Trametinib

Forums General Melanoma Community Full Body Rash on Dabrafenib anad Trametinib

Participant

Hi there, 

I was wondering if anyone had an experience with these two targetted therapy drugs? I am on them for the year and i am just about two weeks in and covered from head to toe in a rash. It started out with just my legs and then progressed over night. I was wondering if this is normal? If i shoud  be worried and if there is any other side effects I should be aware of? I find my legs alot more sore than I had anticpated on but Im hoping that will calm down as well. If anyone has any tips on how to get the rash down I would also really appericate it. Thank you so much

All the best,

kb

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Summer S.
        Participant

Hello dear, 

This is NOT normal. Rash covering al your body is a sign of severe skin reaction. According to both Zelboraf and/or Tafinal official usage guidelines: Stop the medicine immediately and contact your doctor or HCP 

Your doctor or HCP will know how to fix it, but you have to stop immediately and report your case. 

Good Luck 🙂 

sister of patient
          Participant

Hi – Yes, as Summer said, the rash is not norml and may be a reaction and you should contact your onc asap. My sister was 2 weeks in on Taf/Mek when she developed a rash. Onc prescribed  every cream she could but without success. The best relief she had came from off-the-shelf colloidal oatmeal creams. Hopefully, yours will respond!!!! Wishing you the best!!

Barb 

kb9718
              Participant

thank you both for your responses the nurse at the cancer center i am at. said to keep taking it and that this is normal so im not sure what to do she said my doctor would call me if i was not suppose to! Im a bit nervous because its full body but maybe it will go down

kb

Summer S.
                Participant

It is common, but still not normal. It is adverse skin reaction, keep a close eye on it and keep pushing to contact your doctor. Insist as much as you can. 

My mom is 71, when she had it for 3 days with Zelboraf, once asked for blood tests and we found that it totally dehydrated her which affected the kidneys. So we stopped for 2 weeks treated kidneys and proceeded on a lower dose… 

Here is a link to the official medicine guidelines for patients: 

https://www.cotellic.com/patient/cotellic-zelboraf/possible-side-effects.html

Read under the section Allergic Reactions 

There is a similar one for Novartis combo as well. 

Stay positive, it all shall pass, just make sure you are reporting to the doctor and following the right procedures. 

bethy62
                Participant
                  This is a link to Dabrafenib on Drugs.com. It is a very credible source used by health care professionals. You can also use it to search trametinib https://www.drugs.com/sfx/dabrafenib-side-effects.html
                  Hope this helps
              Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics