The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

from Lori

Forums Caregiver Community from Lori

• Replies
      JuleFL
      Participant
        Thank you for posting this. You’ve accurately described much of what Cal and I went through during Cal’s illness. You are not alone. Best wishes for healing during this difficult time.
        Jule
        JuleFL
        Participant
          Thank you for posting this. You’ve accurately described much of what Cal and I went through during Cal’s illness. You are not alone. Best wishes for healing during this difficult time.
          Jule
          Sherron
          Participant

Hi Lori – printing this out so I can read it tonight after I get home….  I am looking forward to it.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
            Participant

Hi Lori – printing this out so I can read it tonight after I get home….  I am looking forward to it.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

MichaelFL
              Participant

Great writing! You have a knack as a writer, caregiver and friend. I hope this will help bring you some solace in the days ahead.

Michael

MichaelFL
                Participant

Great writing! You have a knack as a writer, caregiver and friend. I hope this will help bring you some solace in the days ahead.

Michael

KellieSue
                  Participant

That was a really  nice article, Lori!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

KellieSue
                    Participant

That was a really  nice article, Lori!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

Cate
                      Participant

Hi Lori, this really hits home.  I lost my athletic, marathon running, mountain climbing, father this past May.  I would have never in a million years guessed that this energetic, healthy man who looked 20 yrs younger than his age (70) could be brought down by a little mole on his back.  It still hurts and I miss him so much!  Thank you for writing this and I do understand what you are going through.  Cate

Cate
                        Participant

Hi Lori, this really hits home.  I lost my athletic, marathon running, mountain climbing, father this past May.  I would have never in a million years guessed that this energetic, healthy man who looked 20 yrs younger than his age (70) could be brought down by a little mole on his back.  It still hurts and I miss him so much!  Thank you for writing this and I do understand what you are going through.  Cate

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant
                            Lori, I am so proud to have known you. That is a very good article that helps others to understand more about what is experienced by both caregivers and the patients ourselves Yes, I remember Will’s fighting spirit and the great fight you put up to help him obtain the treatments he wanted. You are quite a lady. Again, My had is off to honor you.
                            JerryfromFauq.
                            JerryfromFauq
                            Participant
                              Lori, I am so proud to have known you. That is a very good article that helps others to understand more about what is experienced by both caregivers and the patients ourselves Yes, I remember Will’s fighting spirit and the great fight you put up to help him obtain the treatments he wanted. You are quite a lady. Again, My had is off to honor you.
                              JerryfromFauq.
                              Lori C
                              Participant

thank you all for your lovely comments.  I wish I could tell you how much help this board has truly been.  A year ago, when Will was told the melanoma had spread to his liver, I was flailing.  It was an extraordinarily difficult situation.  I was fighting not only the disease but an organization which, having profited richly from exploiting Will for 22 years, was trying to prevent him from having better options.   Without the information, encouragement and support of the people of this board, Will would likely not have survived as long as he did, and as difficult as those last six months were, they were also a richly blessed time, during which he was able to achieve many  more of his goals.  Each of you is an incredible model of how to live fully with enormous challenges and mind-shaking uncertainty, and without that, I truly don't know how I would have gotten through the last year.

Thank you all, always!

Lori

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

Dear Lori,

Very well written and I thank you for sharing this article you wrote with us!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a, stable after 4infusions of Ipi

Vermont_Donna
                                    Participant

Dear Lori,

Very well written and I thank you for sharing this article you wrote with us!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a, stable after 4infusions of Ipi

Lori C
                                    Participant

thank you all for your lovely comments.  I wish I could tell you how much help this board has truly been.  A year ago, when Will was told the melanoma had spread to his liver, I was flailing.  It was an extraordinarily difficult situation.  I was fighting not only the disease but an organization which, having profited richly from exploiting Will for 22 years, was trying to prevent him from having better options.   Without the information, encouragement and support of the people of this board, Will would likely not have survived as long as he did, and as difficult as those last six months were, they were also a richly blessed time, during which he was able to achieve many  more of his goals.  Each of you is an incredible model of how to live fully with enormous challenges and mind-shaking uncertainty, and without that, I truly don't know how I would have gotten through the last year.

Thank you all, always!

Lori

yensidw
                                      Participant

Oh, Lori,  I know just how you feel about wondeirng if you were doing the right thing.  I still think about what else I could have done for Ron.  Intellectually I know there was probably nothing I could have done (from the time he found the lump till he passed away wasn't even 12 weeks and was just so widespread), in my heart I think "what if we went here, would it have made a difference?"  You were such a good friend to Will and I know how much you must miss him.

Janis 

yensidw
                                        Participant

Oh, Lori,  I know just how you feel about wondeirng if you were doing the right thing.  I still think about what else I could have done for Ron.  Intellectually I know there was probably nothing I could have done (from the time he found the lump till he passed away wasn't even 12 weeks and was just so widespread), in my heart I think "what if we went here, would it have made a difference?"  You were such a good friend to Will and I know how much you must miss him.

Janis 

Viewing 15 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics