The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

For the oldtimers who know Allen Carr…..

Forums General Melanoma Community For the oldtimers who know Allen Carr…..

Participant

I spoke with Allen just a bit ago, and found out his wife, Carol, passed away peacefully on April 14th.  A 'celebration' of her life was held today.  Even though Carol didn't have melanoma, I feel this needed to be posted on the main board.  Allen hung around here for many, many years sharing his knowledge, wisdom, encouragement, hope and grief with so many.  His family is there with him, and he said he's doing okay; just glad that Carol is now pain free in Heaven.  Carol and Allen would have celebrated their 4

I spoke with Allen just a bit ago, and found out his wife, Carol, passed away peacefully on April 14th.  A 'celebration' of her life was held today.  Even though Carol didn't have melanoma, I feel this needed to be posted on the main board.  Allen hung around here for many, many years sharing his knowledge, wisdom, encouragement, hope and grief with so many.  His family is there with him, and he said he's doing okay; just glad that Carol is now pain free in Heaven.  Carol and Allen would have celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this year;  and she spent many of those years by Allen's side, fighting this beast.  She encouraged him to do what he felt he needed to do, and go where he felt he needed to go, to fight his melanoma.  Allen hasn't posted much here since the bulletin board changed, and his computer crashed, so he lost all his contacts.  If you'd like to contact him, his email address is redneck_77 @ att.net (no spaces).

I've met Allen–he even stayed overnight once in my barbie room! =)  I wanted to meet Carol sooo much, especially when I was in Ft. Lauderdale last summer, but things just didn't work out.  I chatted with her on the phone several times over the last few years.  My heart is breaking right now.  Please keep Allen and the family in your hearts, thoughts and prayers.

I love you, Allen, and I'm so sorry.  There are no words, only tears……

*Hugz* from my heart to yours,

~Lisa~

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

I am so sorry to hear about Carol.  Caretakers are such an important part of our life.  Please let us know how Allen is doing.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

I am so sorry to hear about Carol.  Caretakers are such an important part of our life.  Please let us know how Allen is doing.

Linda

lhaley
            Participant

Linda

King
              Participant

Lisa,

Thank you so much for sharing this sad news with us.  I did meet Carol once at a mini get together in Orlando.  I met Allen a few times.  I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with Allen and his family at this time.  I hope some day Allen comes back to MPIP.  He did things his way but it seems to have worked for him.  Every time I hear someone mention Vitamin C IV, I can't help but think of Allen.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                Participant

Lisa,

Thank you so much for sharing this sad news with us.  I did meet Carol once at a mini get together in Orlando.  I met Allen a few times.  I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with Allen and his family at this time.  I hope some day Allen comes back to MPIP.  He did things his way but it seems to have worked for him.  Every time I hear someone mention Vitamin C IV, I can't help but think of Allen.

Stay Strong
                  King

King
                  Participant

Lisa,

Stay Strong
                    King

King
                    Participant

Lisa,

Stay Strong
                      King

King
                      Participant

Lisa,

Stay Strong
                        King

King
                        Participant

Lisa,

Stay Strong
                          King

Swanee
                          Participant

Lisa.

You are so kind to give us this update, thank you so much.  Hopefully, Allen will hear from many supporters here and feel comfort as he finds his way.  Caregivers are so incredibly important in our journey and often times neglect themselves in order to provide the excellent care they give so freely, to us the patient.  I am constantly concerned with my (husband)caregiver and my worst fear is he would suffer far worse than me because of (his)  their sacrifices.  It is so important to make sure they are getting the proper counsel and support as well…….their big shoes to fill.

A special blessing to Carol, may the love and care she so generously gave to Allen come back to their family 10 fold and provide their family  with  healing, peace and comfort as they send their loved one on her next journey ……..

Blessings to the Carr family.

Swanee
                            Participant

Lisa.

You are so kind to give us this update, thank you so much.  Hopefully, Allen will hear from many supporters here and feel comfort as he finds his way.  Caregivers are so incredibly important in our journey and often times neglect themselves in order to provide the excellent care they give so freely, to us the patient.  I am constantly concerned with my (husband)caregiver and my worst fear is he would suffer far worse than me because of (his)  their sacrifices.  It is so important to make sure they are getting the proper counsel and support as well…….their big shoes to fill.

A special blessing to Carol, may the love and care she so generously gave to Allen come back to their family 10 fold and provide their family  with  healing, peace and comfort as they send their loved one on her next journey ……..

Swanee
                              Participant

Lisa.

MaryD
                                Participant

Lisa,

Oh I'm so sorry to here that Allen lost his wife Carol – I can only imagine what a huge hole in his heart it leaves.   I have been wondering how he has been doing and hope too, that he can find his way back to the board.

My sincere condolences and prayers go out to him and his family . . .

Mary

MaryD
                                  Participant

Lisa,

Oh I'm so sorry to here that Allen lost his wife Carol – I can only imagine what a huge hole in his heart it leaves.   I have been wondering how he has been doing and hope too, that he can find his way back to the board.

Mary

MaryD
                                    Participant

Lisa,

Mary

jag
                                      Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  Blessed are the caregivers.  

jag
                                        Participant

jag
                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Thanks for the update on Allen.  I do miss the good jokes he used to post on th Off-topic BB.  And yes, how can one think of Vitamin C, injections or not and not think of Allen.  Yes, Allen is o ne of us and this belongs on the main board.

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Thanks for the update on Allen.  I do miss the good jokes he used to post on th Off-topic BB.  And yes, how can one think of Vitamin C, injections or not and not think of Allen.  Yes, Allen is o ne of us and this belongs on the main board.

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics