The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

For Rox, Marie, or whatever other nick-names you use………

Forums General Melanoma Community For Rox, Marie, or whatever other nick-names you use………

Participant

Well Rox, in reference to the thread below (http://www.melanoma.org/community/off-topic-forum/who-so-cruel-here-oh-you-are-anon) I see you're still your usual self.  Dang, I'm always late to the party these days!

Well Rox, in reference to the thread below (http://www.melanoma.org/community/off-topic-forum/who-so-cruel-here-oh-you-are-anon) I see you're still your usual self.  Dang, I'm always late to the party these days!

Looks like Nic in Oz let you have the last word.  But you know what?  She made more sense in her 2-3 posts to that thread, with her innumerable brain mets, subq's, other metastatic disease, than YOU have made the entire time you've been on these boards. 

Even just weeks (18 or 19 days, to be exact, depending on Australia time or US) before her death, she did (and could always) make you look like an idiot.  

Some of your BS TOWARDS NIC included some of these beauts:

"I also don't give a "rat's ass" who or what you care about and I don't let your ideas influence when or how I state my opinion." (Roxy, dear, it's been clear since Day 1 of your arrival, you don't give a "rat's ass" about ANYONE here, unless they always agree with you or have their heads so far up your @$$ they can't see daylight.)

"You can't logically defend your point both ways…" (Um, yeah, she can and DID!)

But this one, by far, is my fav:

"Have a glorious day, Nic, taking care of the much more important things that fill your day than do mine! (That was funny, too !)"      (Gooo, Rox!)  I'm sure at 39 or 40, you were totally organized, as a single mom to a beautiful little 6-yr-old girl.  I'm sure you made arrangements with people to keep her after you were gone,  I'm POSITIVE you had to arrange your calender around numerous craniotomies and SRS halo fittings for rads, scans, poisons, headaches so bad on days when you couldn't get out of bed, AND almost EVERY school activity,  swimming lessons, dance classes, etc.  Yep, I know you were concerned about struggling to buy food and pay the bills and lease, and get OUT of the lease, you know, in case you unexpectedly died too soon, worried about what to do with the home contents, cancelling all the utilies,  dividing assets with family, leaving a beautiful legacy for the love of her life "G", wondered where the dog and/or cat would go when it's "time", made funeral arrangements for YOURSELF and your last wishes, etc.  You TOTALLY understand what she was going through, don't you?  God, you never knew her at all.   And she did ALL those things AND LOTS MORE, just DAYS before she died.

In the interest of full disclosure, YOU were one of the main persons who made her stay away from these boards as much as possible.  Again, you didn't know her at all—but she sure knew YOU.  She saw fast how superficial and transparent you are, starting BS just for the sake of starting BS.

And let me tell you this—not to be bragging—but to say I'm BLESSED because I was one of the few here invited into her inner circle when she 'left' here.  Can you believe it??  I mean, you know, I'm such a judgmental Bible-thumping Southern Hick Christian who shoves religion down everyone's throat every chance I get, and she was Atheist!  How was it possible we could DARE remain friends, and respect each other's beliefs (or non-beliefs) at the same time?  We did the impossible!!  Also, I just gotta tell ya, Nic gave us MANY MANY MANY hours of belly-laughs quoting some of your stupid crap and then giving her commentaries on them.  Man, she was so witty and intelligent and beautiful and inspiring, but you never noticed did you?  Because you were only interested in YOU.

In almost 3 yrs, I've only gone to the 'boats'  just TWICE for about 30 minutes (that was this summer in Bossier City, LA on the way to FL, and in Biloxi on the way back).  But I still have that gambler urge, and I'm betting you feel ZERO GUILT how you 'talked' to her during the train-wreck below, and the many other times you just had to have the last word.  This time, as usual, you got it.  Surprise, Surprise.

Gotta love it when a Stage ONE (or are you Stage Zero?) person comes to these boards, takes over like she's Goddess of the Galaxy, and runs many, many people off who desperately NEED this place, because her "daily life" is busy, busy, busy and can in NO WAY be compared to a STAGE FOUR AND DYING person's day.  Sheeze, Nc ran circles around anything and everything you can, or could EVER, do!

You save everything from here—why don't you go back to the time you arrived, and you (well maybe NOT you, but the rest of us) can clearly see that is when the MPIP starting going downhill.   The owners got SICK of all your complaints, and all the complaints AGAINST YOU, via emails and phone-calls.  No wonder they gave it up!  THEY had more important things to do than referee the teeny-bop, Jr-High-ish goings-on between you and whoever you chose to trash on any particular day.  Yep, I sparred with ya many times 'til I got so sick of you (and your buddies) BS and left.  I'm not "really" back, and will never be—this ain't the MPIP anymore, and I"ve lost interest.  I'll always be grateful and feel blessed for the many FRIENDS I've met and love(d), in real-life and online from here.  MOST of us still keep in touch other ways.

Don't bother responding…. I won't be reading any of your posts.  Only read THOSE because they related to the difficult time Jill went through after losing Eric, and posting HIS videos online, so HE AND SHE could hopefully educate and help out those who wanted to know what he went through.  Besides, we all know you're gonna ALWAYS get that 'last word in", no matter what.  If you feel so inclined, then post away—you'll be posting to yourself, and maybe your FEW buddies might come in and defend delicate (hah!) you!

Hey, no hard feelings for you from my side—I have no feelings at ALL towards you. 

God Bless Nic and Jill and Eric!!!!  May Nic and Eric rest in peace!

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        MarieM
        Participant

Lisa!

Come on….what was THAT all about? I'm rarely here…and just fooling around here when I should be food shopping..cause I'm a bit lazy today. I WAS SO EXCITED to see your post…with MY name in it too! I clicked on it…to tell you that my good "friend" bought me a tee shirt and bumper sticker (no I didn't actually put it ON my car) that says "JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS!" It makes me smile…and think of YOU.

Nic was beloved by MANY here. MANY. I've been thinking about her and that little daughter of hers that lit up her life so frequently. Heart BREAKING. She will be so missed, even by me who was not in her inner circle.

Being closer to her, I'm sure you are really hurting..and I KNOW how THAT feels. There were some here…that the mere thought of them brings tears to my eyes even though they are long gone. (Kag..Leslie….I could go on and on….) I remember a TERRIBLE on the board fight that I had with All Natural Ron…whom I later became friends with. Because someone has a disagreement…doesn't mean they don't care about them. Airing differences of opinions has been a cornerstone of off topic.

And…as I recall (I could be wrong but I can't go back on here and look it up…I hate the organization here…or lack thereof. But I thought I recalled Rox stating an opinion…and then Nic disagreeing. That's what I thought I remembered and it was just a disagreement. It went back and forth with Rox using the style that has entertained so many of us for so long here.

MAYBE…Lisa, my friend, you are feeling protective and angry…because you are grieving your friend??? I'm sorry. Such a horrible loss.

And my name in the tite of this post..that I had nothing to do with?? I'll just let it go.

Comforting thoughts to you. And…how is Mama G????

Love, Marie

Sorry…..I dont' know WHERE to find spell check here…grrrrrrrr…

MarieM
          Participant

Lisa!

Come on….what was THAT all about? I'm rarely here…and just fooling around here when I should be food shopping..cause I'm a bit lazy today. I WAS SO EXCITED to see your post…with MY name in it too! I clicked on it…to tell you that my good "friend" bought me a tee shirt and bumper sticker (no I didn't actually put it ON my car) that says "JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS!" It makes me smile…and think of YOU.

Nic was beloved by MANY here. MANY. I've been thinking about her and that little daughter of hers that lit up her life so frequently. Heart BREAKING. She will be so missed, even by me who was not in her inner circle.

Being closer to her, I'm sure you are really hurting..and I KNOW how THAT feels. There were some here…that the mere thought of them brings tears to my eyes even though they are long gone. (Kag..Leslie….I could go on and on….) I remember a TERRIBLE on the board fight that I had with All Natural Ron…whom I later became friends with. Because someone has a disagreement…doesn't mean they don't care about them. Airing differences of opinions has been a cornerstone of off topic.

And…as I recall (I could be wrong but I can't go back on here and look it up…I hate the organization here…or lack thereof. But I thought I recalled Rox stating an opinion…and then Nic disagreeing. That's what I thought I remembered and it was just a disagreement. It went back and forth with Rox using the style that has entertained so many of us for so long here.

MAYBE…Lisa, my friend, you are feeling protective and angry…because you are grieving your friend??? I'm sorry. Such a horrible loss.

And my name in the tite of this post..that I had nothing to do with?? I'll just let it go.

Comforting thoughts to you. And…how is Mama G????

Love, Marie

Sorry…..I dont' know WHERE to find spell check here…grrrrrrrr…

MarieM
              Participant

Oh WAIT…I think I just got it? Tina Marie? THAT Marie???

You mean something WASN'T ALL about ME???

Wow….eye opening. I'll have to process this……<wink>

Marie

MarieM
                Participant

Oh WAIT…I think I just got it? Tina Marie? THAT Marie???

You mean something WASN'T ALL about ME???

Wow….eye opening. I'll have to process this……<wink>

Marie

dian in spokane
                Participant

Good grief! what is THAT all about?? Way to drag up a post from July and spew a bunch of hate.

thanks for your sparkling contribution

dian

LV
                    Participant

July wasn't all that long ago. Can't say I blame her – the truth is the truth. Even if it isn't pretty.

LV
                      Participant

July wasn't all that long ago. Can't say I blame her – the truth is the truth. Even if it isn't pretty.

dian in spokane
                      Participant

Good grief! what is THAT all about?? Way to drag up a post from July and spew a bunch of hate.

thanks for your sparkling contribution

dian

bcl
                        Participant

BG, if this seems jagged it's because I still cry every time I think of Nic (melanoma steals the people we love and I HATE it) 

– you won't get any flack from me about addressing posts on this page. Rest assured though, Nic did get the last word on that one  – pay attention to the signature line change.

I'm not so sure you should post about Nic's private blog though…

bcl
                          Participant

BG, if this seems jagged it's because I still cry every time I think of Nic (melanoma steals the people we love and I HATE it) 

– you won't get any flack from me about addressing posts on this page. Rest assured though, Nic did get the last word on that one  – pay attention to the signature line change.

I'm not so sure you should post about Nic's private blog though…

Nancylee
                            Participant

WOW!!!   What the hell was that all about?  You know Lisa, this would be like someone who you have been battling with for years DYING of this deadly disease ( since all of us have it)  and someone coming back and throwing up all your posts of insults.

I understand your hurt. I have lost many friends and people I care for. On this page and off but for God Sakes, stop with the hate. Its so not like you!

Nancy

TinaR
                                Participant
                                  Nancy,

After I saw the notification of your remark, I read her post…yikes, who knew it was paragraphs long– it was only a couple of lines on the alert I ignored.  No one can deny Nic's passing is a terrible loss. Everyone who has experienced this sort of horror in their own family or friend group can relate to the tragedy. Very sad.

Obviously, we differ in opinion  on whether this sounds like Lisa or not- reads like a typical BG post to me. I am repulsed by her manipulative use of someone's sad details and will not dignify her disgusting behavior in that regard…but her lies and distortions related to me–the typical outrageous fabrications usually associated with her rants.  I do like the  Queen of the Galaxy remark… but the rest is just untrue, nasty and opportunist- a bunch of baloney.  HER timing is offensive… are there no limits to how low she will sink to further her hateful agenda?

I'm not a mind reader and have no reason to feel guilt over not being privy to the facts or timeline of Nic's illness.  Even if I had known I would have had the same matched tone of conversation on the subject. I don't enjoy pity and don't treat anyone else that way. It's disrespectful, diminishing and demoralizing-especially so for those who do not appreciate being treated as helpless or impossibly delicate.

This is a good warning for those who DO want to be treated as other than their best selves…to be pandered to, pitied and to type whatever they want, in whatever tone they choose without chance of someone having an honest interaction with them. Let everyone know what's going on with you and that you expect to be addressed differently than your exchange would prompt.  No one is a mind reader AND it will save your opportunist friends a lot of time and typing afterward.

Hope you are doing well, Nancy. Miss you! 

TinaR
                                  Participant
                                    Nancy,

After I saw the notification of your remark, I read her post…yikes, who knew it was paragraphs long– it was only a couple of lines on the alert I ignored.  No one can deny Nic's passing is a terrible loss. Everyone who has experienced this sort of horror in their own family or friend group can relate to the tragedy. Very sad.

Obviously, we differ in opinion  on whether this sounds like Lisa or not- reads like a typical BG post to me. I am repulsed by her manipulative use of someone's sad details and will not dignify her disgusting behavior in that regard…but her lies and distortions related to me–the typical outrageous fabrications usually associated with her rants.  I do like the  Queen of the Galaxy remark… but the rest is just untrue, nasty and opportunist- a bunch of baloney.  HER timing is offensive… are there no limits to how low she will sink to further her hateful agenda?

I'm not a mind reader and have no reason to feel guilt over not being privy to the facts or timeline of Nic's illness.  Even if I had known I would have had the same matched tone of conversation on the subject. I don't enjoy pity and don't treat anyone else that way. It's disrespectful, diminishing and demoralizing-especially so for those who do not appreciate being treated as helpless or impossibly delicate.

This is a good warning for those who DO want to be treated as other than their best selves…to be pandered to, pitied and to type whatever they want, in whatever tone they choose without chance of someone having an honest interaction with them. Let everyone know what's going on with you and that you expect to be addressed differently than your exchange would prompt.  No one is a mind reader AND it will save your opportunist friends a lot of time and typing afterward.

Hope you are doing well, Nancy. Miss you! 

Nancylee
                                  Participant

WOW!!!   What the hell was that all about?  You know Lisa, this would be like someone who you have been battling with for years DYING of this deadly disease ( since all of us have it)  and someone coming back and throwing up all your posts of insults.

I understand your hurt. I have lost many friends and people I care for. On this page and off but for God Sakes, stop with the hate. Its so not like you!

Nancy

Yawn
                                    Participant

I learned about Nic by reading your post. Just so fucking heartbreaking. 

I don't know Eric, but will do a board search now to find out his story.  

Hope you are well, and I hope you had a good trip to FL. 

Yawn
                                      Participant

Yawn
                                        Participant

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics