The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Foot Pain & Swollen Painful Hand on Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community Foot Pain & Swollen Painful Hand on Zelboraf

Participant

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. I am requesting information from anyone that has had painful feet and swollen hands while on Zelboraf. I have been taking it for about 5 weeks now. The rash has taken over my face, head, arms and chest. I've broke out in several places with warts. I must admit that these are bothersome – but they are better than the side affects from biochemical treatments. Any tips would be welcome. God bless you all. Thanks.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. I am requesting information from anyone that has had painful feet and swollen hands while on Zelboraf. I have been taking it for about 5 weeks now. The rash has taken over my face, head, arms and chest. I've broke out in several places with warts. I must admit that these are bothersome – but they are better than the side affects from biochemical treatments. Any tips would be welcome. God bless you all. Thanks.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant
            laurieformike
            Participant

Husband on zelboraf too, no foot pain, just joint pain. Very fatigued though. He's on his 5th weeks second time around. Reduced dose after swelling in throat with very bad rash. Just wish I knew if it was working.

laurieformike
              Participant

Husband on zelboraf too, no foot pain, just joint pain. Very fatigued though. He's on his 5th weeks second time around. Reduced dose after swelling in throat with very bad rash. Just wish I knew if it was working.

laurieformike
                Participant

jag
                Participant
                  jag
                  Participant
                    Richard_K
                    Participant

Along about my week six, I too was starting to develop a rash, although not on my face; warts were also beginning to appear.  It was some time after that that my feet began to get sore and at times felt that my shoes were many sizes to small and that I was wearing "rumpled" socks; I did end up buying new shoes and that seemed to help.  While I never experienced swollen hands, I have had swollen ankles.  I still have some of the rash, as well as some (greatly diminished) foot pain and ankle swelling.  I would encourage you to be sure your dermatologist evaluates your warts, one of mine turned out to be a squamous-cell carcinoma. One thing you do not mention is sensitivity to the sun, you will need to watch out for that one.  You can check some of the timeline on my profile.  Good luck to you.

Dick

Richard_K
                      Participant

Along about my week six, I too was starting to develop a rash, although not on my face; warts were also beginning to appear.  It was some time after that that my feet began to get sore and at times felt that my shoes were many sizes to small and that I was wearing "rumpled" socks; I did end up buying new shoes and that seemed to help.  While I never experienced swollen hands, I have had swollen ankles.  I still have some of the rash, as well as some (greatly diminished) foot pain and ankle swelling.  I would encourage you to be sure your dermatologist evaluates your warts, one of mine turned out to be a squamous-cell carcinoma. One thing you do not mention is sensitivity to the sun, you will need to watch out for that one.  You can check some of the timeline on my profile.  Good luck to you.

Dick

Richard_K
                        Participant

Dick

TracyLee
                          Participant

I got erythema nodusums (small, painful lumps) in the arch of my foot. They resolved after a day or two, but would pop up elsewhere. 

VERY painful joint pain in wrist and knee. Took several days for that to resolve.

Low dose steroid = no issues

TracyLee

TracyLee
                            Participant

I got erythema nodusums (small, painful lumps) in the arch of my foot. They resolved after a day or two, but would pop up elsewhere. 

VERY painful joint pain in wrist and knee. Took several days for that to resolve.

TracyLee

TracyLee
                              Participant

TracyLee

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics