The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

flu shot & PD1 drug!

Forums General Melanoma Community flu shot & PD1 drug!

Participant

Anyone on the pd1 drug & also got a flu shot??? Any side effects??

Anyone on the pd1 drug & also got a flu shot??? Any side effects??

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Erinmay22
        Participant

I am waiting to get in the pd1 trial at Sloan was told by my nurse there they don't recommend getting the flu shot while on the pd1…  may want to check with your nurse/doctor.

Erinmay22
          Participant

I am waiting to get in the pd1 trial at Sloan was told by my nurse there they don't recommend getting the flu shot while on the pd1…  may want to check with your nurse/doctor.

Erinmay22
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                Erin – I was told I could not have it because of Ipi. Dr said he didn’t want anything distracting my immune system from fighting Mel. I also had to halt my allergy shots which I’ve been getting for 9 years.

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Erin – I was told I could not have it because of Ipi. Dr said he didn’t want anything distracting my immune system from fighting Mel. I also had to halt my allergy shots which I’ve been getting for 9 years.

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

rbruce
                    Participant

On pd1 and told NOT to take flu shot. A woman on my trial got the shot and had a bad reaction.

rbruce
                      Participant

On pd1 and told NOT to take flu shot. A woman on my trial got the shot and had a bad reaction.

rbruce
                        Participant

audgator
                          Participant

Same advice from my doc at Moffitt.     Dan

audgator
                            Participant

audgator
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

I am on ipi, and was told most definitely not to get any vaccines. Thinking there may be simialr advice for pd1, but I dont really know. I would call your Doc to be sure first.

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

I am on ipi, and was told most definitely not to get any vaccines. Thinking there may be simialr advice for pd1, but I dont really know. I would call your Doc to be sure first.

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina

Richard_K
                                      Participant
                                        I know you are asking about PD-1, but I thought I would share my experience. I have gotten a flu shot every year I’ve been on Zelboraf. This year it caught up with me. I’m now part of the 48% of people who get the shot but still manage to get the flu. Ugh!
                                        Dick
                                        Richard_K
                                        Participant
                                          I know you are asking about PD-1, but I thought I would share my experience. I have gotten a flu shot every year I’ve been on Zelboraf. This year it caught up with me. I’m now part of the 48% of people who get the shot but still manage to get the flu. Ugh!
                                          Dick
                                          Richard_K
                                          Participant
                                            Dick
                                        Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics