The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First round of ipi!!

Forums General Melanoma Community First round of ipi!!

Participant

Long day at the Royal Vic in Montreal.  Out of the house at 5:30 – we're out in the country, blood work at 8 am, meeting with doctor and then the BIG WAIT!  Booked for 11 am but drug was ready only at noon, then unfortunately no beds available in the motel (5-bed room rather than the room with chairs) until 2:30 pm, 1 1/2 treatment then 1 hour…Finally left at 5:30 pm….but who's complaining.  I have had my first round of ipi…..YAHOO!  It went very well no side effects there.  Had a headache this morning, but very strange..my leg with the 100 plus&n

Long day at the Royal Vic in Montreal.  Out of the house at 5:30 – we're out in the country, blood work at 8 am, meeting with doctor and then the BIG WAIT!  Booked for 11 am but drug was ready only at noon, then unfortunately no beds available in the motel (5-bed room rather than the room with chairs) until 2:30 pm, 1 1/2 treatment then 1 hour…Finally left at 5:30 pm….but who's complaining.  I have had my first round of ipi…..YAHOO!  It went very well no side effects there.  Had a headache this morning, but very strange..my leg with the 100 plus little monsters had a very tingly feeling all night.  I like to think it's ipi doing it's work!!! 

Met up with Sharyn and we had hoped to have coffee together with our hubbies Jim and Bill.  Alas, the hospital kept us both busy running around so we never got the chance, only touched base briefly.  Sharyn starts her treatment next Thursday – we're finally where we want to be!!   Val

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jim in Denver
        Participant

Hi Val,

Glad to hear about you and Sharyn getting treatment at the Royal Vic almost simultaneously.  I am one of the people receiving Ipi currently on this board, and I stay updated on Sharyn's progress.  It is good to have someone who is on pretty much the same schedule as you with whom to compare notes, so to speak, so I am very happy to hear that you are doing that as well.  Best wishes to you and Bill (and Sharyn and Jim too!).  Please keep us posted.

Best,

Jim

Jim in Denver
          Participant

Hi Val,

Glad to hear about you and Sharyn getting treatment at the Royal Vic almost simultaneously.  I am one of the people receiving Ipi currently on this board, and I stay updated on Sharyn's progress.  It is good to have someone who is on pretty much the same schedule as you with whom to compare notes, so to speak, so I am very happy to hear that you are doing that as well.  Best wishes to you and Bill (and Sharyn and Jim too!).  Please keep us posted.

Best,

Jim

Jim M.
            Participant

Best of success to you Val. I think we chatted in the past about Dr. Weber. I was on Ipi from March-October 2008. I really believe in it. I will pray you are a responder.

Jim M.

Vermont_Donna
                Participant

Hi Val,

Such good news! I am happy that things have finally gotten started! 

I am 90 minutes south of you in Vermont and Sharyn and I have talked about me driving up to meet you both sometime, so maybe that will work!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                  Participant

Hi Val,

Such good news! I am happy that things have finally gotten started! 

I am 90 minutes south of you in Vermont and Sharyn and I have talked about me driving up to meet you both sometime, so maybe that will work!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Jim M.
                  Participant

Best of success to you Val. I think we chatted in the past about Dr. Weber. I was on Ipi from March-October 2008. I really believe in it. I will pray you are a responder.

Jim M.

ValinMtl
                    Participant

Thanks for your support.  Jim in Denver, I know you are doing ipi and I hope it's working for you, you keep us posted as well. Jim M, I remember well your advice to contact Dr. Weber (what a wonderful doctor, wish he was living in Canada). I'm praying it works, it appears to be no longer confined to regional on leg if what I saw on my back is confirmed at next visit!

Donna, would love to meet you.  I'm actually in the country and much closer to you than Montreal… near the Hemmingford border!!!  If you came up this way, we could go in to Montreal in my car to meet Sharyn at some point…let's make that a plan!! 

In the good old days, I cycled from here to Rousses Point to Burlington around Lake Champlain up New York and back here with two girlfriends…aahh, pre-melanoma memories.  If this works, maybe I'll whip myself back in shape and try some cycling again even with the lymphedema..bet it would be good for me.

Val

ValinMtl
                      Participant

Thanks for your support.  Jim in Denver, I know you are doing ipi and I hope it's working for you, you keep us posted as well. Jim M, I remember well your advice to contact Dr. Weber (what a wonderful doctor, wish he was living in Canada). I'm praying it works, it appears to be no longer confined to regional on leg if what I saw on my back is confirmed at next visit!

Donna, would love to meet you.  I'm actually in the country and much closer to you than Montreal… near the Hemmingford border!!!  If you came up this way, we could go in to Montreal in my car to meet Sharyn at some point…let's make that a plan!! 

In the good old days, I cycled from here to Rousses Point to Burlington around Lake Champlain up New York and back here with two girlfriends…aahh, pre-melanoma memories.  If this works, maybe I'll whip myself back in shape and try some cycling again even with the lymphedema..bet it would be good for me.

Val

Sharyn
                        Participant

Hi Val,

I know we chatted last night on the phone, but I just had to post to congratulate you again on getting started. We'll have to try harder to get together next Thurs. Will Bill be with you? Keep in touch!

Hugs

Sharyn

Sharyn
                          Participant

Hi Val,

I know we chatted last night on the phone, but I just had to post to congratulate you again on getting started. We'll have to try harder to get together next Thurs. Will Bill be with you? Keep in touch!

Hugs

Sharyn

bcl
                            Participant

Great News Val!  Glad you and Sharyn will be able to share tips, good luck to both of you, xxlinda

bcl
                              Participant

Great News Val!  Glad you and Sharyn will be able to share tips, good luck to both of you, xxlinda

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics