The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First PD1 SCANS!

Forums General Melanoma Community First PD1 SCANS!

Participant

Had my first scans since starting in the PD1 trial. Great report! Lots of shrinking going on in there. I dont know the percentages yet, since the Dr and radiologist reviewed them today just a couple hours after I had them done.

Also, I am having many changes in my pigmentation. I had vitiligo on my face previously ( it started after interferon a few years ago), and it has increased. I now have vitiligo on hands and arms and numerous halos on my back. I also now have some eyelashes that have turned white! My Dr said this all fits with the good response I am having, and shows the positive immune response.

So, it was a long day, but a good one. I am so very thankful.

Tired, but happy,

Tina

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

Excellent! Wishing you continued good luck and progress!

SABKLYN
          Participant

SABKLYN
            Participant

JoshF
              Participant

I am so thankful too Tina and happy for you!!! Definitely a great day and praying for many more to come for you!!!!!

Josh

JoshF
                Participant

I am so thankful too Tina and happy for you!!! Definitely a great day and praying for many more to come for you!!!!!

Josh

JoshF
                  Participant

Josh

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Dear Gal, isn't it much better to be tired aand happy. than otherwise?  Love  it. Whoopee!  Haven't had PD-1, but told my Onc he was trying to make a white man out  of me with the vitilago from the aIL-2 and Gleevec!   Waiting to heaar the next results.  Keep o n the aRoll!

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Dear Gal, isn't it much better to be tired aand happy. than otherwise?  Love  it. Whoopee!  Haven't had PD-1, but told my Onc he was trying to make a white man out  of me with the vitilago from the aIL-2 and Gleevec!   Waiting to heaar the next results.  Keep o n the aRoll!

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Aussielyn
                          Participant

I am soooooo thrilled for you Tina! You are a true fighter ! Sending you positive thoughts , & continued strength & courage to keep in good health;

Best wishes all the way from Australia!

Lyn

Aussielyn
                            Participant

I am soooooo thrilled for you Tina! You are a true fighter ! Sending you positive thoughts , & continued strength & courage to keep in good health;

Lyn

Aussielyn
                              Participant

Lyn

BrianP
                                Participant

Fantastic Tina!  So happy for you and your family.  Keep up the good fight.  Prayers coming your way for continued good reports.

Brian

BrianP
                                  Participant

Fantastic Tina!  So happy for you and your family.  Keep up the good fight.  Prayers coming your way for continued good reports.

Brian

BrianP
                                    Participant

Brian

aldakota22
                                      Participant

After reading your post Tina I am feeling absolutely super for you.Love that fighting attitude & PMA  you exhibit.Praying that this treatment regiment is the one that will Beat the Beast once and for all.In my prayers . Al

aldakota22
                                        Participant

After reading your post Tina I am feeling absolutely super for you.Love that fighting attitude & PMA  you exhibit.Praying that this treatment regiment is the one that will Beat the Beast once and for all.In my prayers . Al

aldakota22
                                          Participant

dovemed

Dear tina

Excellent news. Get some rest. 

Good luck and god bless

krish

dovemed

Dear tina

Good luck and god bless

krish

dovemed

Dear tina

Good luck and god bless

krish

Lisa – Aust
                                                  Participant

Amazing news! So happy for you and hoping for similar results for us in 11 weeks or so!

All the best, keep us posted 

x

Lisa – Aust
                                                    Participant

Amazing news! So happy for you and hoping for similar results for us in 11 weeks or so!

x

Lisa – Aust
                                                      Participant

x

tasjacques
                                                        Participant

Woo Hoo!!! that is great news, I am so happy to hear that is working for you πŸ™‚ Indeed vitiligo is a 'good' side effect also according to our doc. Jacques has it as well.

(((Hughs)))

Elenise

tasjacques
                                                          Participant

Woo Hoo!!! that is great news, I am so happy to hear that is working for you πŸ™‚ Indeed vitiligo is a 'good' side effect also according to our doc. Jacques has it as well.

(((Hughs)))

Elenise

Tina D
                                                              Participant

Thanks, everyone πŸ™‚    . I will try to post the percentages and more details when I get them. As always, my heart continues to weigh heavy for those in the midst of this battle & when I share good news I do it in hopes of encouraging others. I know it always is encouraging for me when I read of someone who is getting good reports. It is good to have a community like this where we can support, encourage and comfort each other. Thank you for being that for me!

Tina

Tina D
                                                                Participant

Thanks, everyone πŸ™‚    . I will try to post the percentages and more details when I get them. As always, my heart continues to weigh heavy for those in the midst of this battle & when I share good news I do it in hopes of encouraging others. I know it always is encouraging for me when I read of someone who is getting good reports. It is good to have a community like this where we can support, encourage and comfort each other. Thank you for being that for me!

Tina

NYKaren
                                                                  Participant

Tina, I'm really thrilled for you!

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                    Participant

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                      Participant

Karen

Tina D
                                                                        Participant

Tina

tasjacques
                                                                        Participant

(((Hughs)))

Elenise

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics